• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Years
  • I took my Gallade through the Elite Four, and I was impressed with how he battled. After that was over, I placed my Ambipom in the Day Care so that it can level up. I'm not sure how long I'll keep it in there, but probably for a good while.

J-mo

Qaulity, not qauntity*
    Years
  • Started my first new game in PKMN Pearl today and went through the usual shpeel at the start (very tedious if ya ask me) and rounded up a nice wee team of Pokemon :) have just arrived in Oreburgh City.

Team looks something like this...

Lv10 Chimchar
    Lv10 Kricketue
    Lv10 Abra
    Lv10 Shinx
    Lv8 Magikarp

Now time for some more training then I'll go and give Roark a good hiding :D

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • Hm, I guess I'll give this a shot.
    It could be a way to vent my anger from chain breakage

So today I decided to chain for a Shiny Ghastly. I make a good start and get up to 34, but then my repel wears off. I start to hit the X button but, to my dismay, I hit the up button thanks to my greasy fingers slipping [I was eating Burger King, you see]. And wouldn't you know it...Here comes the battle music. I pray for the slim chance that it's still a Ghastly; but no, it's the firey fox, Vulpix.

That ruined my day :[

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    My Brother gave me his shiny rayquaza (in a trade of course)He got it of the GTS Im constantly trying to look for a shiny but i never do I always wanted a shiny caught in the wild not in a trade Ive never cauht a wild shiny
    IN MY LIFE
    still A shiny rayquaza

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Most of today was just lots and lots of training. :P It's been a while since I defeated Maylene, but I wasn't levelling up very quick. I pulled out my Vs Seeker and did some battles, getting Torterra, Luxray and Ponyta up to Lv. 35. Croagunk and Staraptor took on the trainers in the resort restaurant, which got them both up to Lv. 35. I was satisfied my team and knew they could take on Crasher Wake now!

It took me a looong time to get through the Gym, getting stuck quite a few times! Eventually, I made it through, my Luxray and Torterra (the Pokemon I'm taking this Gym on due to their superiority over water-types) both gaining a level! Time to take on Crasher Wake at last. He sent out Gyarados first, making me just a little nervous. xD I sent out Luxray, who used Thunder. Gyarados was out in just ONE hit! A bit more confident, I sent Torterra out to battle Quagsire. One Razor Leaf and Wake's second Pokemon was defeated. Finally, was his Floatzel. I switched back to Luxray, who is probably my most powerful Pokemon. Floatzel got the first hit with Brine, which didn't really affect my Luxray. Luxray used Thunder, which defeated Floatzel! The Fen Badge was mine! I took some time out to shine my four badges, then played some feeble tunes with them. xD My time in Pastoria City had come to an end, and it had been a long visit! I remembered the Galactic Grunt from last week, so decided to run after him (after a visit to the Pokemon Center). However, he ran off! I gave chase, but my rival, Damion, caught up to me! It was time for a rematch!

First out on Team Lucas was Shadow the Misdreavus! Misdreavus took out his Starly, which Misdreavus easily took out with a Psybeam! He called out his Buizel next, but my Torterra put it in place with one Razor Leaf. He called out his starter, Monferno, which my Staraptor destroyed with Fly! His last Pokemon was a Roselia. I called out my Ponyta, taking his Roselia out with a Fire Blast! My team was victorious (a perfect victory, he didn't lay a single scratch)! and now it's time to continue chasing that Grunt after Damion said I should have. With his team all in the 20's, I realised just how good my team is for the point that I am at in the game. :D Next time - I'll continue chasing this Grunt and see where he leads me!

Shadowlvx

7th d/p gym! with my weavile
    Years
  • Started new game today my progress:

named myself - Riley
    named rival - Simon
    chose piplup as my starter
    gonna nickname him - Bubbles
    now i'm gonna go and catch a bidoof for my HM Slave

Shadowlvx

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    After a close battle on Wi-Fi minutes ago, my Shuckle Strategy pulled off again. My new team is getting better! Shuckle was against a mean Typhlosion. I first used Toxic, and the enemy used Flamethrower. Doing a lot of damage, Shuckle's leftovers healed it's wounds. Shuckle used Power Trick as Typhlosion called out the sun. Another Flamethrower came after, nearly knocking out Shuckle. Shuckle let out a powerful Earthquake and won the match!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Today, I have just been training my team for the battle against Fantina. All of it has been Vs. Seeker matches. Kinda annoying, especially because of the fog on the route to the right of Celestic Town (never got Defog, don't want my Pokemon to learn it). The best part was that Croagunk evolved into a Toxicroak! I was really happy. :D Leveled up my team, getting them all to Lv. 38, which is good. I reckon I'll be ready to face Fantina on Boxing Day (December 26th). I can't wait to battle her! This is my current team:

Torterra Lv. 38
    - Razor Leaf
    - Earthquake
    - Cut
    - Rock Smash

(stupid HM moves...)

Luxray Lv. 38
    - Spark
    - Thunder
    - Bite
    - Crunch

Misdreavus Lv. 38
    - Psybeam
    - Psywave
    - Shadow Ball
    - Payback

Staraptor Lv. 38
    - Fly
    - Aerial Ace
    - Close Combat
    - Umm...can't remember. xD

Ponyta Lv. 38
    - Ember
    - Fire Spin
    - Fire Blast
    - Return

Toxicroak Lv. 38
    - Brick Break
    - Faint Attack
    - Sucker Punch
    - Mud Bomb

Shadowlvx

7th d/p gym! with my weavile
    Years
  • caught a machop
    caught a budew
    beat 1st gym
    got to flowerama town
    beat valley windworks
    got though entera forest
    cn't beat rosesade in 2nd gym :/ i'm lv 27 too!

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
  • I'm just about to challenge Crasher Wake's Gym. I have a team of 5 level 30 Pokemom

• Kababra [Level 30]
    • Drifblim [Level 30]
    • Staravia [Level 30]
    • Gyarados [Level 30]
    • Grotle [Level 30]

D3ath Angel

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2014
    Found a move glitch in the Snowpoint gym!

Context: GLITCH IN POKEMON DIAMOND. Where? At SNOWPOINT GYM! What kind of glitch? MOVE BEING NOT VERY EFFECTIVE WHEN IT SHOULD BE REGULAR.

Ok, I am now in a battle against an Ace Trainer that uses a Pelipper. I sent out my Kyogre (yeah, I know, I hacked it... blahblahblah I'm no fun- I've heard it all) and I start off with Ice Beam. Now obviously since Pelipper is Water-Flying, Ice Beam, being Ice type, will be regularly effective (not super, not "not very"). It is. Pelipper uses roost to heal some HP. I then follow up with Avalanche- also Ice Type: the game says "NOT VERY EFFECTIVE"!!!! WHAT THE HECK AND IT DOES ALMOST NO DAMAGE!!!

GLITCH GLITCH GLITCH GLITCH!!!!

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • Context: GLITCH IN POKEMON DIAMOND. Where? At SNOWPOINT GYM! What kind of glitch? MOVE BEING NOT VERY EFFECTIVE WHEN IT SHOULD BE REGULAR.

Ok, I am now in a battle against an Ace Trainer that uses a Pelipper. I sent out my Kyogre (yeah, I know, I hacked it... blahblahblah I'm no fun- I've heard it all) and I start off with Ice Beam. Now obviously since Pelipper is Water-Flying, Ice Beam, being Ice type, will be regularly effective (not super, not "not very"). It is. Pelipper uses roost to heal some HP. I then follow up with Avalanche- also Ice Type: the game says "NOT VERY EFFECTIVE"!!!! WHAT THE HECK AND IT DOES ALMOST NO DAMAGE!!!

Well, you cheated. Maybe the game is just getting you back :P

YuuNoKami Saka

Super Sentai, Mairu!
    Years
  • Context: GLITCH IN POKEMON DIAMOND. Where? At SNOWPOINT GYM! What kind of glitch? MOVE BEING NOT VERY EFFECTIVE WHEN IT SHOULD BE REGULAR.

I don't know what you were expecting but Pelipper is neither weak nor strong against Ice-type moves. So to say you were expecting it to faint in one shot is having a little more confidence in a move that was never going to work in the first place.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years

Um, what? The bird used Roost. It temporarily loses its "Flying" type so since it's now Water, Ice will be not very effective. Also, Avalanche is a physical attack, and Kyogre fails in Attack. It's a fairly weak attack too, with a base power of 60 unless the user is attacked first. And hacking would have nothing to do with the games mechanics.

I wanted to shiny chain Electrike, but all I did was palpark. Nothing else really. Pearl is boring. Diamond is still SRing for a good Darkrai.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Today has been awesome! But very tedious. First off, I must have spent like an hour and a half levelling up my Pokemon. -_- Got them all to Lv. 40 through Vs. Seeker, and my Ponyta evolved into an awesome RAPIDASH! :D I was so happy. :) After that I had to get the rest of them up to the same level. Leveled them all up and went to the Hearthome Gym. :D

I decided which Pokes I'd use the most in battle. Misdreavus, with her mix of Psychic, Ghost and Dark type moves, was going to be very useful. Luxray, with his Bite and Crunch, would also be helpful if Misdreavus fell. To give them an advantage, I answered all the math questions wrong to fight the other trainers in the Gym. Did that, getting Luxray to Lv. 42 and Misdreavus to Lv. 41! Headed for Fantina after healing up, and the battle began! First out was her Driflblim. Misdreavus took it out with Shadow Ball, but Aftermath bought her HP down a bit. Out next was her highest Pokemon, Mismagius. Misdreavus was no match and was in the yellow before long. I decided to call out Luxray. He used Crunch to take out Mismagius, but he was also hit. :( Fantina's final Pokemon was Gengar! Luxray took it out with Crunch, (Bite was replaced with Thunder Fang). The Relic Badge is mine!

With Fantina defeated, I left the Gym where Cynthia met me. She thanked me for visiting her grandmother in Celestic Town, and told me to head to Canalave City. None of my Pokemon could learn Surf, so I got out a Bibarel I had caught in the Great Marsh. Surfed over there, and did a couple of battles. I got to Canalave safely, healed my Pokemon and headed across the bridge. But then, my rival Damion appeared! I knew I was ready for this battle...so we battled!

His first Pokemon was his Staravia. Torterra struggled against it, so I sent out Luxray, who tried to use Thunder Fang. However, it missed twice, and Staravia did a lot of damage to him. I turned to Thunder, which took out Staravia immediately. His next Pokemon was a Heracross. Out came my new Rapidash, taking him out with a Fire Blast. He called on his starter, Monferno. My Staraptor was sent out. He used Close Combat to destroy him! Up next was his Buizel. Torterra finished him off with a Razor Leaf. His final Pokemon was Roselia. I hadn't used Toxicroak or Misdreavus in this battle...Misdreavus was the second-highest leveled Pokemon, so I chose Toxicroak, currently the lowest who needed some EXP! He went against Roselia, who used Leech Seed and Toxic Spikes. Toxicroak used Dig, getting Roselia's HP down to 1 or 2! Roselia used Giga Drain, taking down my Toxicroak's health again. :( I used Dig again, but when I resurfaced, she had Giga Drain'd my Toxicroak into the red! I thought I was a goner, so I called on Brick Break. Although not very effective, Toxicroak just managed a victory! Damion was defeated, and I was victorious :D He told me he would become the Pokemon League Champion (pfft, as if) and told me to battle Byron. I wanted to be a Lv. 45 before I entered his Gym, so I decided to catch a boat to Iron Island. :) I arrived, and saved my game. My team had been through enough for one day. After Christmas, training with Riley shall commence! :D

My Team:

Torterra Lv. 42
    - Razor Leaf
    - Earthquake
    - Cut
    - ???

Staraptor Lv. 41
    - Aerial Ace
    - Steel Wing
    - Fly
    - Close Combat

Luxray Lv. 43
    - Spark
    - Thunder
    - Thunder Fang
    - Crunch

Rapidash Lv. 41
    - Fire Spin
    - Ember
    - Fire Blast
    - Return

Misdreavus Lv. 42
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psybeam
    - Psywave
    - Payback

Toxicroak Lv. 40
    - Brick Break
    - Mud Bomb
    - Dig
    - Sucker Punch

D3ath Angel

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2014
    My odd Kyogre...

Um, what? The bird used Roost. It temporarily loses its "Flying" type so since it's now Water, Ice will be not very effective. Also, Avalanche is a physical attack, and Kyogre fails in Attack. It's a fairly weak attack too, with a base power of 60 unless the user is attacked first. And hacking would have nothing to do with the games mechanics.

I wanted to shiny chain Electrike, but all I did was palpark. Nothing else really. Pearl is boring. Diamond is still SRing for a good Darkrai.

Roost takes away the flying type? How come it doesn't say this in the effect? My Kyogres also only level 35, so my options aren't as broad as him having his best attacks either; I don't like hacking pokemon with moves they shouldn't know. And if anyones wondering why I'm teaching him Ice attacks, its to guard against Grass types. I also gave him earthquake to guard against Electrics. He knows Ice Beam, too, so next time my Kyogre learns a worthwhile attack I'll be deleting Avalanche. I usually give all my pokemon at least one attack that's most effective against the types they're weak against.

I don't know what you were expecting but Pelipper is neither weak nor strong against Ice-type moves. So to say you were expecting it to faint in one shot is having a little more confidence in a move that was never going to work in the first place.

I didn't expect him to faint in one hit. I was just too lazy to waste PP from a stronger attack when his HP was already low from Ice Beam. And the attack would have worked if he didn't use roost.

Well, you cheated. Maybe the game is just getting you back :P

I've heard it all. That too. P:

Last edited:
    Back