• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I trained my shiny Chimchar to 50 and decided to take three of my four newest 50 shinies to the BF for the 'Battle Factory Test'. All decent pokemon teams should be able to deal with Dahlia easily.

I took my Infernape, Crawdaunt, and Honchkrow. I didn't bother paying attention to what my opponent had, so I hopped into a trainer loaded with FTG types, 'kay? I overboosted my Infernape with Nasty Plot and got KO'd with a critical hit. Problem? Obviously, my two Dark types didn't stand no chance, sooo...yeah. Next up, I have to train my shiny Cherubi to 50, and I'm considering getting myself a shiny Chimecho (Chinglings are sooooo cute!) since I hunted for one for a short time last gen.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    I finally did it! At the battle tower, I finally got the multi ribbon for a winning streak over 50 wins! My girlfriend helped me accomplish this with her Mismagius and her Leafeon alongside with Ace (my shiny espeon) and Neptune (my shiny vaporeon) It was quite an accomplishment for me I was so happy! Hahaha take that battle tower! now to get the ribbon in doubles, and with the computer partner, and the other singles ribbon lol

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2016
    Defeated Roark in Platinum, and checked out the new Global Terminal. After a few minutes there, I headed up to Ravaged Path. Team:

Level: 17
    -Bubble
    -Peck
    -Rock Smash (will delete later)
    -Metal Claw

Level: 8
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Quick Attack
    -

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I picked up Pearl, and figured out that I have yet to beat it. Since I have at least 12 level 50's, I'm going to take Volkner on.. maybe with just my Roserade.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Continued playing Diamond last night, caught a few Pokemon and trained a little bit.

Current Team

Chimchar Lv.8
    - Scratch
    - Growl
    - Ember

Starly Lv.7
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Quick Attack

Shinx Lv.4
    - Tackle

HM Slaves

Bidoof Lv.3
    - Tackle

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    Weak team elite four win

in platinum i beat the elite four with a team consisting of
    lvl 50 mamoswine
    lvl 54 yanmega
    lvl 53 infernape
    lvl 53 magnezone
    i think this i a very weak team to do it and i hade to save and restart for flint and cynthia. i did beat the elite four after about 12 hours and 15 of game time which i think is pretty fast to do without cantching legends or doing trades

Magnezone vs Cynthia
    i swept cynthias whole team with a non ev'd (except stat boosting items i picked up of ground) lvl 53 (grew to lvl 55) magmazone. started battle and sent in magnezone against spiritomb which i completeally walled so i used charge beam (70% chance spec att raise) twice getting +2 spec attack then used magnet rise for incoming garchomp and killed spiritomb getting another spec attack raise, garchop comes in uses flamthrower i just survive and use flash cannon and OHKO it, cynthis brings in lucario i use discharge she uses aura sphere i survive with 50 hp he well under 50% accuracy but faster so i just stall with 20 hyper potions so she runs out of aura sphere and uses exstreem speed, i KO lucario, togekiss comes in i get 1st attack from quick claw and KO it, milotic comes in uses surf and does about 75% damage i OHKO it, she brings in her last pokemon roserade and i heal while she does a not very effective move to me, i use flash cannon and finish the battle.

did you have a very strong team when facing the elite four and how long did it take you to complete platinum (in beating elite four) i wont really count it if you traded pokes from D/P srry but i wont care if you used pokes like giratina or Azelf.

Years
  • Ive finally got the national dex on platinum! So now a whole bunch of questions arise... What pokemon should i use? I have platinum and sapphire available.

Currently my team is:
    Luxray
    Empoleon
    Infernape
    Torterra
    giratina
    Azelf
    --------------------------
    However, there are tons of legendary pokemon in this game, which i have considered using:
    the 3 birds, my legendaries from sapphire, + dialga and palkia + heatran and that psychich pokemon that runs away from fullmoon island....

Thing is i don't know if im allowed to use these in the battle tower place. Also I duel a friend quite a lot and would like to beat him with a good team.

Should I consider going for normal pokemon instead of legendaries? I have not yet tried EV training btw. All ive done was level up normally and make them eat some items such as carbos, iron etc.

Other pokemon ive considered that are not legendary:
    Salamence
    Garchomp
    Arcanine

But I don't know if it's worth going for none-legendaries, and also how much better are the shiny versions of normal pokemon?

Also ive heard that after getting national dex, the E4 should have improved tremendeously, so I wonder what level they will be next time i try them. Do you have any good training spots that you could share with me?

I think that's all for now... I really hope this was the right thread, if not I hope a mod will be kind enough to help me out.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • Moved my best pokes to diamond restarted platinum for my Riolu solorun (inspired by spiritofsteels riolu run he did on diamond): Beat1st gym and 2nd gym yesterday on my way to the 3rd gym now :

Riolu " Aura " (female)
    lv 30

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • I was also underleved and I could win the first time. Show off.

Besides, this isn't the right place to do this kind of post. You should go to the Sinnoh Journey Journal if you wanna talk about your team's EPIC adventure through the E4.

Good night.

sez1992

Seeker of National Pokemon
    Years
  • Lving my Ponyta to 50 on Platinum and then after do tentacruel :)
    In Pearl: Caught Ditto, Rotem and some other rare pokemon found underground, overall pretty good starting to bring my pokedex up

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Currently getting ready to head off to Oreburgh City for my first gym match.

Current Team

Chimchar Lv.12
    - Scratch
    - Growl
    - Ember
    - Taunt

Starly Lv.11
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Quick Attack
    - Wing Attack

Shinx Lv.10
    - Tackle
    - Leer
    -Charge

Budew Lv.11
    - Absorb
    - Growth
    - Water Sport
    - Stun Spore

HM Slaves

Bidoof Lv.3
    - Tackle

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    My torterra caught Pokérus today after defeating a wild floatzel, currently it has spread to 3 of my party pokémon, once it infects the last 3 I will switch them with some other pokémon in my party to infect. (mostly some pokémon that I plan on transferring to my diamond.) :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    Today I finally let my shiny Ponyta to evolve into a Rapidash before leveling it up to lv.100 :]
    Finally got a dragon scale and evolved my Shiny Seadra

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
  • Grinding to get the proper EV's for my Pokémon on Platinum. Still too low to go and challenge the E4 imo, though I want to transfer some Poké's from my FireRed version..

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    Well for the first time ever I have to many Shiny pokemon to fit in just one box.
    So I've decided to release alot of my regular pokemon I no longer need now I've completed my pokedex and Re-order my pokedex better.
    I also tried to get a regular Umbreon as I only have a shiny version of it but instead I got a Espeon after raising it to level 65 I might add!
    So gotta start again now in my quest to get a Umbreon but atleast then i'll have all the Eevee evolutions in shiny and non shiny form :)

Years
  • Currently hatching for a female Calm/Bold Eevee on Platinum, then going to breed that to give it Wish. If that takes too long, then I'll still keep going until either this or a shiny. XD; Other than that hoping to put together a good competitive/Battle Frontier team. I'm aiming for around 10 different EV trained Pokemon to switch it up occasionally, and so far I'm going with Tyranitar, Heatran, Azelf, Milotic, Vaporeon, Salamence, Absol, Glaceon, Zapdos, and Spiritomb.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
  • I'm currently battling Team Galactic in Jubilife City.

My current team:
    1. Magikarp
    2. Kricketune
    3. Zubat
    4. Luxio
    5. Bibarel
    6. Prinplup

Back