• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Uhhh...*checks Hall Of Fame*
    This was my team: (levels were after the challenge was finished)
    lv59 Gengar
    lv59 Infernape
    lv59 Tyranitar
    lv57 Pidgeot
    lv59 Electivire
    lv63 Blastoise

I honestly thought they were lower leveled.

Okay. Well right now I'm leveling them all up to Lv. 59 so Empoleon can learn Hydro Pump. After that I might go for Lv. 60 just to even it up. I've gone through before with their levels 47-53, and I made it to Cythia, but I couldn't beat her Garchomp.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • Today I ventured in and explored Heartthome City for the first time. Pretty bizarre place. Super religious/fanatic...hmmm.

Anyways ran into Shaun (my rival) and battled him. I took out his Prinlup 21 with my Budew 18 and I was pretty proud of that. My Luxio took out everyone else and I didn't have to even send out my starter. I was proud of my guys.

Oh and, using EXP SHARE, My Magikarp (first Pokemon I'd caught--I named him "Future"), evolved into Gyrados.

I'm a happy camper :D.

Sort of dreading having to do any contests but I can't wait to put Fantina in her place.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2009
    my pc is very slow and not much use the game in the league estube Shinn asta ay noma acisi arrival but had all the pokemon​

Years
  • I just started playing platinum for the first time yesterday. Everything was great except for the GTS.

Leyt

Absolution
    Years
  • I'm in the midst of EV training my final, UU team right now. I was fortunate enough to finish Scyther yesterday, so now I'm on to Azumarill. All I can really add is that I strongly hope I never want or need to change my team after this.

Years
  • Okay. Well right now I'm leveling them all up to Lv. 59 so Empoleon can learn Hydro Pump. After that I might go for Lv. 60 just to even it up. I've gone through before with their levels 47-53, and I made it to Cythia, but I couldn't beat her Garchomp.

Well, for Garchomp, get a pokemon with an ice move, maybe have Empoleon learn ice beam w/ a TM or something. Ice moves are 4x effective against Garchomp, due to it being Dragon/Ground.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Well, for Garchomp, get a pokemon with an ice move, maybe have Empoleon learn ice beam w/ a TM or something. Ice moves are 4x effective against Garchomp, due to it being Dragon/Ground.

I just won, with a level 59 team. The E4 was easy, and my only problem was with the Garchomp. Empoleon has an Ice move, but Garchomp still OHKO'd it with EQ, so I revived Pokes untill the EQ was out of HP, then I OHKO'd Garchomp with Avalanche. The rest of her team was easy. Spiritomb - 2HKO with Petal Dance, Miloctic OHKO with Discharge, Togekiss 2HKO with Discharge, Lucario and Roserade - OHKO with Flamethrower, Garchomp - eventual OHKO with Avalanche.

Years
  • I just won, with a level 59 team. The E4 was easy, and my only problem was with the Garchomp. Empoleon has an Ice move, but Garchomp still OHKO'd it with EQ, so I revived Pokes untill the EQ was out of HP, then I OHKO'd Garchomp with Avalanche. The rest of her team was easy. Spiritomb - 2HKO with Petal Dance, Miloctic OHKO with Discharge, Togekiss 2HKO with Discharge, Lucario and Roserade - OHKO with Flamethrower, Garchomp - eventual OHKO with Avalanche.

Congrats, but beware if you go back, they've leveled up, so the Garchomp is lv78 (in Platinum at least)

Years
  • I just encountered my first random shiny in Platinum while training my monferno. It was a shiny shellos but i almost didnt notice cuz i was about to run away.

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I just caught heatran
    I thought he wasn't very useful but after seeing the tower tycoon's heatran I changed my mind

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Not much happened today, I only caught heatran after 16 Ultra Balls and migrated Zapdos and Moltres (along with Kingler, Lapras, Venonat, and Dratini) from my LeafGreen after accidently knocking them out in Platinum yesterday.

Last edited:

Kakex

Xtreme Cake-Eater
    Years
  • Well, heading to Hearthome. and then to Veilstone, i think i can stop in to do contest with my Jolteon while in there ;) also, my pearl freezed, so i started my plan in diamond, which is to head and defeat E4 with only 2 trained pokemons, those would be my Grotle(torterra soon) and Jolteon, then i start getting and traning new pokemons and making battle team. I maybe get Eeveelution team for battles :)

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    After looking around the battle frontier I decided to challenge the battle factory and the battle tower.
    Currently looking for a Bagon.

Years
  • yesterday i attempted to soft reset for a shiny giratina but quit after 50
    then i ended up catching him with one quick ball and he had a modest nature =)

Obsession

Narcotic Empress
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    yesterday i attempted to soft reset for a shiny giratina but quit after 50
    then i ended up catching him with one quick ball and he had a modest nature =)

I know the fun in that when I tried for a Zapdos once >_>

Well today training up a set of monotype pokemon (all dark types)
    Finished ev training Larvitar, then powerleveled him to level 55 via E4 and evolved him.

Leyt

Absolution
    Years
  • Beat Platinum again today, and that Garchomp really messed with me. I have two Pokemon that know Ice moves, but he wiped out BOTH of them with Earthquake; one of them being a frustratingly lucky critical hit. Actually, Cynthia beat me once and I had to restart. But a small bit of luck on my part (battling a tremendous amount on her part) allowed me to pull through the second time with a team of four.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Growing Leppa Berries (a must for the E4)
    Headed for Snowpoint
    I already beat Pearl and was a late bloomer to buy Platinum so that's what I'm playing

Back