• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Years
  • At about half past 2 this morning i couldn't sleep, so as i had done before i picked up my DS and started playing pokemon. I do this because the glare of the screen often makes my eyes heavy so i always get to sleep after 10 minutes of play or so.

So anyway first i go and do the task for the newspaper guy, showing him a Noctowl in return for some pokeballs and a heart scale. I realised i was bored of just getting him one pokemon a day for yet another Heart Scale that i wouldn't need yet. So i decided to go to the start of my pokedex (none-national dex) and start catching a pokemon from every evolution line, and anything else that i see and haven't got along the way. I actually found it quite fun and by half past 3 this morning i had an extra 7 new pokemon in my pc box.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • I'm crying now because I just saw my first shiny in the whole game and Bertha has it! T_T aka her Hippowdon. I'm so sad. :(

Current Team (after beating Bertha):

Glaceon Lv49
    Gyarados Lv52
    Infernape Lv65
    Torterra Lv67
    Giratina Lv60
    Espeon Lv47

Bebe gave me a female Eevee and now I have a box full of Eevee. Stat neutral and Mild are the most common natures for them, so the Espeon has Mild and Glaceon has a stat neutral nature. :)

No, Hippowdon have MAJOR gender differences.
    It's not shiny.

Unless it looked like this:

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

:/

Anyway,

Currently I was too a being a bit of chaining, and a bidoof recked my chain of 42 shinx. >.<"

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • I'm currently taking on Team Galactic in the Eterna city building. Also trying to get myself three eggs: Bagon, Pidgey and Larvitar all in unhatched eggs. But otherwise am training Charmander, Totodile, and Treecko to level 30(obtained all starters in a trade as unhatched eggs ^^)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Just took on Roark one Diamond with my Piplup.

Piplup's now lv.18

Currently wandering about trying to hatch the Phione egg i traded over from Platinum.

Gave Piplup an Everstone to stop it evolving (another item from platinum).

On Platinum, breeding for a female Aipom to breed with the Glameow i'm getting off loucaslucario so that i can have it with Fake Out

Years
  • Pokemon Diamond: Just got a Duskull egg from the Daycare and before that, a stupid Mime JR screwed up my Taurus chain, again no shiny, when will I finally get one? The last shiny I got was a Shiny Igglybuff on Pokemon Crystal :'(.

Pokémon Platinum: Barry didn't stand a chance against my Turtwig, ow yeah my level 4 Shinx did something too in the battle (he got ko'd :P). I never realised how low Shinx attack power was.

Off Topic: Yeah!, my tenth post :P

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
  • Diamond: After my personal breeding projects, I have bred myself a shiny Cyndaquil, Ampharos, and Eevee. All the natures I want, took some time I can tell you -.-". But I'm happy, they'll be used in HG/SS.

Platinum: Been busy with Diamond so not much on Plat but I'm about to go to one of the lakes to stop team galatic *sigh*

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Diamond: Received an Aipom egg, that should hopefully hatch out knowing Fake Out (i taught it to the meowth that bred with the other Aipom).
    Phione's egg still ain't movin.
    Went and caught a Geodude and Machop (traded my other geodude over to Platinum for an egg).
    Traded machop for a Croagunk with an everstone.

Went to Jubilife, pwnd the team galactic guys, went into the t.v. station.
    Had a battle in the t.v. station, was so glad i had Geodude (Pachirisu almost pwnd piplup with spark), coz Rock Smash got the pachirisu's defense down before Piplup pounded it to death.

Sold all my potions and stocked up on awakenings and super potions.
    Gave Piplup everstone.
    went to pokemon center for 3rd time ever.

Platinum: Uhhh...hatched a couple of mudkipz, bred an Aipom with a Meowth with Fake Out before sending egg over to Diamond.

Years
  • Diamond: Breeded my Metang, got 4 eggs, hopefully one shiny Beldum :P

Platinum: Caught Abra at first try, defeated first gym, defeated Mars, evolved Abra, Traded Kadabra to my Diamond game and back, so now I have a level 16 Alakazam. My Team now: Grotle, Alakazam, Machop, Duskull (my egg from Diamond)

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
  • Diamond: Was breeding for a competitive Swampert and I got one ^_^ Shiny and right nature again whoop =]

Platinum: Well, in Platinum I've FINALLY reached the 7th Gym. After spending waaaaay too long on Diamond.

So the battle…
    I had…
    Lvl 45 Emploeron
    "44 Staraptor
    "43 Gabite
    "45 Torterra
    "47 Infernape
    "18 Bibareal =]

Patrick: Go Pingu (Emploreon)
    Candice: Go Sneasal
    Sneasal used Faint Attack on Pingu, Pingu is left with 127/143 Hp
    Pingu used Brine – Sneasal is left with ½ Hp

Candie: Come back Sneasal, Go Abomasnow
    Pingu used Brine – 1/6 damage taken off Abomasnow

Patrick: Come back Pingu, Go staraptor!
    Abomasnow used Avalanche, SUPER EFFECTIVE - Staraptor is left with 89/141 Hp

Staraptor used close combat – Abomasnow literally left with a flicker of Hp =[
    Abomasnow used focus blast – Dead staraptor =[

Patrick: Go Torterra, your turn!
    Candice used Hyperpotion on Abomasnow
    Patrick: Crap -.-"

Torterra used Giga Drain – 1/6 damage taken off Abomasnow
    Torterra used EQ – Abomasnow was left with ½ HP
    Abomasnow used Avalanche – 1 Hp left, then hails kills torterra =[

Patrick: Go Infernape
    Infernape used Flame Wheel – Super effective and Abomasnow is down! Infernape levelled up to 48

Candice: Go piloswine
    Infernape used Flame Wheel – Piloswine was left with ¼ health and got burned
    Piloswine used EQ – Infernape was left with 59/145 HP

Candice: Go Froslass
    Infernape used Flame Wheel – Froslass almost dead, sitrus berry restored some health
    Froslass used Psychic – Infernape Dead

Patrick: Go Pingu
    Froslass used Shadow Ball – Pingu left with 99/143 HP
    Pingu used Brine – Froslass dead

Candice: Go Sneasal
    Sneasal used Faint Attack – Pingu left with 54/143
    Pingu used Brine – Sneasal Dead, Pingu levelled up to 46

W000t I gots the Icicle badge ^_^
    Also went to fireworks place to get the shards/Tms. Currently about to storm Galatic HQ in veilstone =]

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Diamond:

Decided, "sod it, i'm not goign to use the pokes dawn uses in the anime", boxed away buneary.
    Went to battle Gardenia with Piplup at lv.30

First poke:
    Piplup uses Pluck
    1HKO

Turtwig:
    Piplup uses Pluck.
    Turtwig at around 1hp
    Turtwig uses Mega Drain
    Piplup around, uhhh....2/3 hp
    Turtwig around 1/2 HP
    Piplup uses Peck.
    Dead Turtwig

Roserade:
    Send out Aipom (lv.10)
    Aipom uses Fake Out
    Roserade flinches.

switch in geodude (lv.4)
    Roserade uses Magical Leaf
    1HKO, geodude goes bye-bye

switch in Aipom

Aipom uses Fake Out.
    Roserade flinches
    Use super potion on Piplup
    Roserade uses poison sting
    Aipom has 2/3hp
    roserade uses magical leaf
    Aipom has 0hp

Piplup sent out
    Roserade uses Magical Leaf
    Piplup faints.

lost money

Went to train Aipom/catch pokemon, caught wurmple, silcoon, then used up all pokeballs catching Beautifly.

Caught a cherrim out of a honey tree

Stocked up on pokeballs in floaroma.

Currently training up Aipom.He's now lv.13

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    CANNOT. FIND. BONE. FOSSIL. DAMNIT.
    also, i wish some good pokemon would start showing up at the great marsh soon. ;(

Years
  • Diamond: Didn't do much, only some trading.

Platinum: With Alakazam in my team now, I am going to Eterna City, well first I have to get through Eterna Forest. I am happy that I took the time to train Abra to level 16 and now with Alakazam, I don't think that Gardenia's Roserade will be much trouble.

Team now:
    Alakazam, 16
    Duskull, 3
    Grotle, 20
    Machop, 10

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • started a new game on platinum, i am waiting for a rom of pokemon heart gold to be available to download, so in the meantime i thought i would replay platinum

my team: (training in route 201 before i leave)

Turtwig Lv7
    Starly Lv5

Just beaten Roark

my team;

Turtwig Lv13
    Machop Lv14
    Abra Lv12
    Starly Lv12

for this playthrough of platinum i've decided to start with as many pokemon as possible (usually start with two then add pokemon at certain points), i caught Abra and Machop and trained them to match my team (Abra lv12 and Machop Lv13 before the badge), i will be adding Buizel as soon as i get to the Valley Windworks and a Magmar as soon as i get to Fuego Ironworks

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Wow I haven't been here in awhile! Umm I'm currently training a shiny jolteon that I recently chained for. Has pretty good ivs in sp atk and has a hp of grass so that's a plus. The only downside is that it's a neutral nature. But I can work with him. I'm just hoping that I put the evs in right so I can get his sp atk to where I want it so I can initiate this awesome moveset that I have in store for him. I'm not at all worried about his speed I mean come on, he's a jolteon! lol If he will have anything over 160 at lv 50 (which he will) then that's all I care about! Until next time!

Annuhh5

White and nerdy.
    Years
  • Playing Platinum:
    Training on Iron Island before going to the 7th gym.
    Current team;
    .Mamoswine Lv. 36 (in training)
    .Torterra Lv.42
    .Gabite Lv. 29 (in training)
    .Togekiss Lv.44
    .Gallade Lv. 42
    .Floatzel Lv. 35 (in training)

Hopefully ill have the patience to get them all up to at least Lv. 45 before the gym!

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    Been working on my boxed pokemon so i have some strong back up if i need it. so far ive trained my pachirisu to lvl 90, Venusaur, Shiftry and Tangrowth to level 60. Im currently working on my leafeon who is lvl 48.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • just defeated team galactic at the valley windworks, caught a buizel before i battled them though

team;

Turtwig Lv15
    Buizel Lv15 (did a lot of training in the grass and battles)
    Abra Lv15
    Machop Lv15
    Staravia Lv15

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2009
    Sunyshore Gym Help

Please could someone tell me how to get to Volkner the 8th Gym leader? Also if you have a sceptile, please please please trade it!! I'll give my lv 56 Drapion!!!

I'm making up a gym battle VS Volkner. Part

You are challenged by Leader Volkner!

Leader Volkner sent out Raichu. 190/190
    Go Torterra. 230/230
    Torterra uses Earthquake! Raichu 140/190
    Raichu uses Thunderbolt Torterra 200/230

Part 2 next Sunday or Saturday

Last edited:
    Back