• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Pokémon Diamond
    Bred a few pokémon for trading purposes, it was mostly the starters and Vespiquen.

Pokémon Platinum
    Trained my team a bit, caught Heatran and beat a couple of gym leaders in the battleground.
    Currently trying to catch Dialga and Palkia in a pokeball, wish me luck. :)

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    On my Diamond, I just beat Candice, when my game froze. :(

So, I decided o start a new game on Platinum for fun. Just got my starter, Chimchar.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Been playing Pokémon Platinum for a few days now, started again about 2nd Nov, basically in preperation for Pokémon Black & White

Current Status:
    On my way to Solaceon Town after defeating Hearthome city's 3rd Gym Leader Fantina

Current Team:
    Roselia; Lv. 25
    Ponyta; Lv. 25
    Drifloon; Lv. 25
    Luxio; Lv. 25
    Cherrim; Lv. 26

Enjoying it so far, just anxiously waiting for Pokémon Black & White :).

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Beat Cyrus in Celestic Town, now on my way to Canalave city with my team
    Torterra (lv.46)
    Luxray (lv.45)
    Floatzel (lv.44)
    Scizor (lv.43)
    I need to catch another pokemon, and I want to level up these four to get Torterra to lv.50, Floatzel lv. 46-47, Luxray lv.46-47, and Scizor lv.45 before I go to the gym leader!

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Update: 11/21

My torterra is at lv.49, and I leveled up Floatzel to 46 and Luxray is at that level too. Still outside Canalave. Haven't played much this week.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • November 21:

During route 210, I caught myself a Scyther. I traded it over towards my SS then traded it back over to Platinum with a Metal Coat. Scyther went up to level 30 instead of level 21 and had evolved into a Scizor. Gliscor got put away in the PC as we headed over to the Lost tower to do some battle training. Togekiss leveled up to level 28 while Gallade leveled up to level 27. Still training to take on Maylene though. We might be ready to take her on soon.

Team Level:

Grotle: 30
    Rotom: 28
    Vaporeon: 29
    Gallade: 27
    Togekiss: 28
    Scizor: 30

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    ive only played diamond briefly in the past, and ive had this real craving for pokemon lately. the last time i played, i chose turtwig, so nothing new there. while walking through the routes, i encounted many starlys and bidoofs. looking at their evos, they wernt all that appealing(design-wise). luxray on the other hand looks pro, so i opted for a shinx. continuing along my journey, im not sure what overcame me, but i captured and began to train a zubat. during the training process, i got so fed up with his wimpy attacks, i slapped hidden power into his roster. so far, its an okay attack that is certianly better than leech life. while lounging around ravaged path, i decided to obtain a psyduck. she was the second pokemon i encountered in the cave. i figure she will help loads with the oreburgh gym.

heres my team.

Turtwig | F | 13
    - Absorb
    - Razor Leaf
    - Tackle
    - Withdraw

Shinx | M | 12
    - Charge
    - Leer
    - Tackle

Zubat | M | 10
    - Astonish
    - Hidden Power (bug)
    - Leech Life
    - Supersonic

Psyduck | F | 12
    - Scratch
    - Tail Whip
    - Water Gun
    - Water Sport

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2011
    well i just love playing the games plain and simple

and my pokemons would kick most of yours butts anyway got 2 lvl 100 pokemons on pokemon platium
    Empolen
    Infernape

Last edited:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • November 27:

My team was ready to take on Maylene! The team was now up to around level 30 and up. I only used Gallade and Scizor for this battle. Once we gotten our victory, we took out Team Galatic while using my Togekiss. Without doing any more training, I took down Jun(Rival) and then headed straight towards the gym. It was a pretty tough battle since I only used my Torterra and Rottom but we were able to get our fifth badge. After doing more chasing with Team Galactic, we headed over to Celestic town. It was time to face Cyrus and man was he a tough cookie. Ice punch kept on nailing me but I was glad that Gallade was able handle it. Once the battle ended, I did a little training and had caught myself a shiny Meditite! Now my team is at Iron Island doing more training once defeating Jun again which was pretty easy when my team was at low level.

Team level:

Torterra: 34
    Rotom: 34
    Vaporeon: 34
    Gallade: 34
    Togekiss: 33
    Scizor: 33

nm legend

Years
  • well before i wanted to challenge Gardenia (2 gym badge) i wanted to catch all the pokemon possible and the last one to catch for the moment was a Hoothoot....in the process i caught a shiny Budew!!!!.......awesome.. anyways i ran though the gym with King Bape and AceCombat and with my second badge i find out that Dethzone will start obeying my orders....now im in the Old Chateu and im gun catch me a Rotom!!!! .......so far i think Platinum is an amazing game....

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • Training up some Pokémon I want for my new team to take on the Elite 4 the second time round. I've always wanted an Ampharos for my team and now I have a Mareep ^.^ the only downside is its at level 6 :P

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Today in pokemon platinum i did the following.

1)I went around the sinnoh region searching for pokemon i had not caught yet.

2)Once again beat 3 of the sinnoh gym leaders at the club.

3)Hung out at my villa for a while.

4)Breeded my torterra,infernape and empoleon so that i could restock up on the starters for thouse people who need them.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I just got an R4i so just for no apparent reason I decided to download a Platinum ROM even though I have a legit cartridge and record my Progress here.

Plato's Sinnoh Adventure's Part 1
    Brendan had just been watching TV waiting for his friend to show up. They had arranged to get together and play Super Smash Bros Brawl that day. Plato was getting a little anxious. Just as he decided to ask his Mom if he could call him, Plato's friend came rushing up the stairs.
    "Hey Chill, what's up? Said Plato. "Heya! Plato!" said Chill, "You just saw the TV right? So I was thinking, Prof Rowan's a pokemon Professor, maybe he has some Pokemon he can give us some! Let's Go!". "But Chill, we were supposed to play Brawl today." whined Plato. "Yeah, Yeah, we can reschedule that. Now let's go!". Plato sighed. 'To be named chill, he certainly can't chill out, can he?'

Plato went over to Chill's house, just as Chill came bursting through the door, slamming into him. Then Chill realized he forgot something, and ran back inside. Plato followed. He could never seem to keep up with Chill, because somehow he couldn't run without Running Shoes. As soon as Plato came up the stairs, Chill was already on his way down, rushing out to Route 201. Plato followed.

Chill started leading them into the tall grass, Plato became very worried. "Dude! We can't go in there, we'll be eaten alive by Bidoof and scavenged by Starly! What are you thinking!?" Chill responded, "Relax man, I've got an idea, we'll just dash through so fast that wild pokemon won't have a chance to get us.". 'Yeah that's gonna work' Plato mumbled under his breath. "Fine then, Prove IT!". Plato dared him. "Okay then!" Chill prepared to dash quickly into the tall grass. Just as he was at the edge, a voice shouted "HOLD IT!!!" They both flinched and turned around to see Prof. Rowan. "... Professor Rowan! Just who we wanted to see! Can we have a Pokemon?" Chill asked, Plato remained quiet. "Two kids who recklessly endanger themselves to get pokemon...? It worries me how pokemon might be treated in the hands of kids like you...", Said Proffessor Rowan. "...Ok.... but give one to my friend here... he tried to stop me... he warned me it would be dangerous... I'm the dangerous one here." Chill responded. Professor Rowan thought and then said, "That noble behavior... it is to be acknowledged. Very well, both of you shall recieve a pokemon! Here you go.... wait... where is that briefcase...

Just then, a young girl who appeared to be acquainted with Professor Rowan walked up holding a Briefcase, telling him he left it at the lake. He reffered to her as Dawn. "What I was about to do was entrust these two with their own pokemon." Dawn appeared shocked, "Are you sure? Those pokemon are very hard to replace. You might want to think before you just give them away!" Rowan retaliated with, "I HAVE thought about it thank you. These children can do great things with pokemon, I'm sure of it!". "Well... as long as you're sure, I'm fine with it.", Dawn said. 'Very well then, pick one of these three." Said Rowan. Chill then said "you pick first Plato!". Plato knew that he just wanted to pick whatever his couldn't do much against, but he didn't say anything.

None of the pokemon really interested Plato. But he could always just use it to catch more. He picked a Chimchar. Of course, Chill picked a Piplup. Professor Rowan gave them a "Good Luck with your trainer careers!" and then he was off.

"Alright Plato, we've both got pokemon now. There's only one thing to do, so let's Battle!", then with a very retarded looking dance from Chill, they were off. Plato lost the battle, but it was very close. Even Chill admitted to that. They both headed home. It was getting late. Plato was excited, very excited, but he must sleep...

END

Morgnarok

Years
  • Today in pokemon platinum i talked to professor oak,He gave me the item up-grade and told me about the ledgendary birds being seen in the sinnoh region.Then i later caught the ledgendary birds.The rest of the day ill just work on little things.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • ~bought platinum
    ~started with piplup
    ~caught a starly
    ~caught a bidoof (as a HM slave, as of the current time it is still level 3)
    ~caught a shinx
    ~evolved piplup and defeated roark
    ~evolved starly and shinx
    ~travelled through enterna forest, caught a gastly
    ~evolved gastly
    ~defeated gardenia
    ~defeated the purple haired galactic boss
    ~obtained an egg
    ~egg hatched into togepi

It's gotten me 5 hours into the game :s

Morgnarok

Years
  • Today in my sinnoh journey on pokemon platinum i didn't do very much.I breed a few eggs and hatched them.Defeated 3 of the gym leaders once again at the survival area...regular day for me.

Years
  • Le, you sure are whipping through the game!

Just returned to Diamond after a long break and i've found a **** load of eggs and over-levelled Kanto starters :( (darn day care ;))

On Pearl, I'm trying to catch a Chansey but it's prooving quite a chalenge then I'll be moving onto Solaceon town (:

Back