• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Sinnoh Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

koop88

Super Breeder
Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2008
    I must be cheating

woot woot... today i decided i was going to prepare to start breeding for my porygon-z and i decided to make it a timid one. so i chained ditto's till i got a timid one... the 7th one. then i breed it with my alakazam so i could have a synchronized timid alakazam, and got it in the first egg, (hatched the other two but they were junk) and i went out to start chaining for a timid ditto with high IV in speed (30 or 31). well i got into the chain and caught 21 and my chain broke. i went to the computer and found 12 of them were timid (sweet 12 tries at 30 or 31) well i checked them all for the highest speed stats and they all had under stats of 30 something for a level 29 ditto but two of them had 45 and one with 44... i tried them out in the IV calculator and found that 45 was 29, 30, or 31 score... well i decided to check all the IV's of the first ditto with the speed stat of 45 and found his IV's were: HP: 2 ATTACK: 19 DEFENCE: 3 (not so great :( but...) SP. ATTACK: 30 SP. DEFENCE: 29 SPEED: 31 !!!!!!!! wow for a wild ditto that's amazing... i'm soooo happy. i was hoping to bread for a while to find a porygon with the 31 speed and a high sp. att. but i get them both strait from the beginning.... time to get that ditto into the daycare!!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2007
    entered victory road
    beat some trainers
    found a razor claw
    evolved my sneasel
    got out
    battled rval
    entered the poke leage for the first time
    beat aaron
    beat bertha
    beat flint
    beat lucian
    saved the gam
    my team
    infernape lv 61 roserade lv 58 luxray lv 58 weavile lv 58
    garchomp lv 58 gastrodon lv 41(hm slave)

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    People are probably going to start hating me for posting about all the shiny Pokemon I catch XD I caught 2 Shiny Miltanks today! first one showed up on 24 and the second at 40... I was going for a 3rd, but the chain broke at 54... curse you Bibarel!!!!

Years
  • Lv. 28 Prinplup -- Surf, Bubble Beam, Metal Claw, and something else I never use... xP
    Lv. 28 Marowak -- Bonemerang, Blizzard, Aerial Ace, Headbutt
    Lv. 32 Torterra -- Earthquake, Curse, Razor Leaf, Bite
    Lv. 28 Shiny Monferno -- Fire Punch, ThunderPunch, Overheat, Mach Punch
    Lv. 29 Wartortle -- Ice Beam, Water Pulse, Bite, Rapid Spin
    Lv. 32 Staravia -- Fly, Aerial Ace, Whirlwind, Quick Attack

My team I posted before is now:

Lv. 32 Wartortle -- Ice Beam, Aqua Tail, Bite Rapid Spin
    Lv. 34 Staraptor -- Close Combat, Fly, Aerial Ace, Whirlwind
    Lv. 28 Shiny Monferno -- Mach Punch, Fire Punch, ThunderPunch, Overheat
    Lv. 32 Marowak -- Aerial Ace, False Swipe, Bonemerang, Blizzard
    Lv. 25 Poliwag -- Bubblebeam, Rain Dance, Body Slam, DoubleSlap

Raising the Poliwag into a Poliwrath.

People are probably going to start hating me for posting about all the shiny Pokemon I catch XD I caught 2 Shiny Miltanks today! first one showed up on 24 and the second at 40... I was going for a 3rd, but the chain broke at 54... curse you Bibarel!!!!

You need to auction off some of those shinys, you'll probably get real good other shinys, or events or something.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Interestingly enough, I got quite a lot done compared to the usual. xDD

I beat both the 3rd and 4th gyms, hatched a Chimchar egg and healed those silly Psyducks. And right now, I'm trying to work out where to go next.. it's been awhile since I did this part. xDD (Last year to be more precise)

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
    Years
  • oooooooh, i'm going to go do the battle tower wi-fi.

well in other news, after breeding 44 tangelas, I finally got a female impish tangela with high IV's in hp, and speed, and she is breeding with another tangela with high defence, later on I should get an impish one with 30 or so in all of those stats =]

Years
  • Caught a Magikarp, evolved into a Gyarados. Also evolved Geodude into Graveler. Put Machop and Zubat in the Daycare, also.

Trained with my party and they all went up 2 or 3 levels.

Beat all the trainers in the 3rd gym easily, and I'm just about to face Maylene

ShadowTails

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I caught a Mild Shiny Houndoom! I'm chaining Snover, I've been having sorta good luck doing so, but I went to a patch that was obviously bad, I didn't really think about it... I just went there at 32... oh well.

Edit:Yay I got a Sassy Shiny Snover, and it has Never Melt Ice... I've noticed that the majority of Shiny Pokemon have hold items... I know my Budew I found without the radar had a Poison Barb... XD oh well I'm glad I got my Shiny, I'll try for more if I can, it's hard to tell if the grass is shiny or not...

Edit 2: Kirlia failed me, my Shiny Bagon was Lax instead of Adamant =\ I'm trying again to chain more, the shiny came up on 38, and I kept reseting the radar at 40 and nothing, so I'm trying again.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I won the 3rd and 4th Gym Badges pretty easily, came 2nd in 3 Contests and been training my Pokemon some more.

At the start of yesterday I had Graveler, Staravia, Bronzor, Gyarados and Luxio all at Level 27 and my Monferno was at 33. About 5 hours later Graveler was level 29, Stravia level 30, Luxio had evolved and is now a Level 32 Luxray, Gyarados at level 29, Bronzor at 29 and Monferno had evolved into Infernape.

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
    Years
  • Caught Uxie (after two resets and two Dusk Balls) on the 5th, and caught Azelf today, exactly one week later. One reset and eight Dusk Balls was all it took, bringing me to 140 Pokémon seen.

Still haven't beat the Elite Four yet. I have an idea on who I'll use though: Rapidash, Gyarados, Skuntank, Medicham, Abomasnow and Staraptor. Unconventional, but it covers most elements the E4 use. After some levelling, I'll try to finish the main game.

ShadowTails

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I caught a Shiny Lickitung today, It was hard to find the Shiny Patch, it never showed up... but it finally decided to, it was Sassy and it has Oblivious. I probably should try for another one before 12:00 am or atleast get to 40 again before then, my chain broke because my Sassy Umbreon (used for Synchronize only) was level 2 thus my Repel wouldn't have done much thanks to it, and my stupidity for not putting Infernape back in front.

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
  • Well...if all goes well I'll have a Modest Seedot before tomorrow at midnight, so I'll be breeding them for my 7-hour plane trip back to Texas. If not, then crap. I can't find an AR, either, and my stupid self didn't bring my old Gameshark SP for my Leafgreen...

Years
  • Shiny Houndoom?! *jealous*

I've been doing the normal Single Battle Room at the Battle Tower. I'm fine tuning my team for the wi-fi room, which I have tried, and failed miserably.

Buncha blasted noobs with their legendary birds and their Regigigas and their Garchomps and Salamences and Tyranitars...

It's hard.

Years
  • My team I posted before is now:

Lv. 32 Wartortle -- Ice Beam, Aqua Tail, Bite Rapid Spin
    Lv. 34 Staraptor -- Close Combat, Fly, Aerial Ace, Whirlwind
    Lv. 28 Shiny Monferno -- Mach Punch, Fire Punch, ThunderPunch, Overheat
    Lv. 32 Marowak -- Aerial Ace, False Swipe, Bonemerang, Blizzard
    Lv. 25 Poliwag -- Bubblebeam, Rain Dance, Body Slam, DoubleSlap

Which is now:

Lv. 40 Blastoise -- Ice Beam, Aqua Tail, Skull Bash, Rapid Spin
    Lv. 40 Staraptor -- Close Combat, Fly, Aerial Ace, Whirlwind
    Lv. 40 Shiny Infernape -- Close Combat, Fire Punch, ThunderPunch, Overheat
    Lv. 56 Shiny Gallade -- Swords Dance, Brick Break, Psycho Cut, Earthquake
    Lv. 16 Gengar -- Spite, Mean Look, Energy Ball, Night Shade
    Lv. 3 Riolu -- Quick Attack, Foresight, Endure, Rock Slide

Waiting 'til day to evolve Riolu. Working on Gengar, then gonna try to get everyone level 70+ as fast as possible.

Years
  • I won the 3rd and 4th Gym Badges pretty easily, came 2nd in 3 Contests and been training my Pokemon some more.

At the start of yesterday I had Graveler, Staravia, Bronzor, Gyarados and Luxio all at Level 27 and my Monferno was at 33. About 5 hours later Graveler was level 29, Stravia level 30, Luxio had evolved and is now a Level 32 Luxray, Gyarados at level 29, Bronzor at 29 and Monferno had evolved into Infernape.

Now they are all level 34 except Infernape who is at Level 38. Bronzor has evolved into Bronzong and Staravia has evolved into Staraptor.

Luxray also won a Cool Contest ^_^

I also caught quite a few Pokemon and my Pokedex is now: Seen 87, Obtained 50.

My Kadabra and Haunter are both Level 30 in the Day care too.

I'm just looking for the superpotion and Suite Key at the mo.

ShadowTails

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I've been doing the normal Single Battle Room at the Battle Tower. I'm fine tuning my team for the wi-fi room, which I have tried, and failed miserably.

Buncha blasted noobs with their legendary birds and their Regigigas and their Garchomps and Salamences and Tyranitars...

It's hard.

As long as you have Pokemon that can wall/cover those types, you should be fine. I have defeated every Legendary... Kyogre can give me the most trouble mostly, but I have a new addition to my team which SHOULD be able to handle him no problem... that seems to be the only one... on occasion Groudon gives me trouble from time to time, but I haven't gone against the new legendaries, but once you know their weak points, it isn't hard to destroy them.

Anyways for the most part today, I haven't been doing anything, there are a few Pokemon I plan to catch, I might actually go and EV train some Pokemon. I'm also trying to get far enough in Fire Red to get some Pokemon I can't obtain in Pearl.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Had two wi-fi battles gaainst my friend, and won both. He always had six Pokemon, I had five in 1st battle, then two in 2nd battle. :)

Defeated Candice using Infernape, Torterra, Luxray and Staraptor. Infernape beat Abomasnow, Sneasel and Snover - the other three defeated Medicham. It was a tough battle :(

Levels:

Infernape Level 38
    Torterra Level 38
    Staraptor Level 34
    Floatzel Level 34
    Luxray Level 37

Grymsdike

Ash
    Years
  • as i have beaten d e4 im just gonna highlight the best bits

forgot i had to catch dialga @ spear pillar and ad 2 catch it wiht a pokeball
    got my manaphy egg from pkmn ranger
    egg hatched!!
    started 2 find plates under ground(was surprised)
    completed collection of plates
    found old amber
    found root fossil
    resurrected all my fossils
    did some tradind
    explored stark mountain
    found heatran
    had the idea to make an invincible team(check my trainer card)
    beat the elite four
    got the three event items(oaks letter, hotel pass, azure flute) and caught the respective pokemon (I assure you i only cheated to get them for the dex entries, all other aspects of my game are legit)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back