• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smartest Pokemon

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
Years
  • Not really. Mewtwo is just a clone with genetical modifications. It's not a true pokemon and unlike natural pokemon, neither Mewtwo or the other clones possess any soul or anything like that. You cannot create a soul, which is the main reason why I think Mewtwo isn't a real pokemon along with the fact it was created by humans and not born or made by Arceus or Mew.

Hey! That's not true, clone and artificial Pokémon BOTH contain spirit! Mewtwo and co. were created through artifical means, yet they birthed like normal pokémon (and in game canon, Mewtwo is technically not a clone, but a genetically altered Mew that WAS birthed from Mew), and though how Porygon gained sentience is unknown (even it's original creators never intended Porygon to be more then a mindless drone), it is proven in PMD and through Aura Sphere that it has somehow gained a soul.

Porygon-Z is able to retain a massive amount of information downloaded from the internet, and though it's mind is warped heavily by corrupted data, it might have intellectual capabilities on par with Metagross, assuming it has downloaded the proper information.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Is an IQ of 5000 even possible? Has the IQ system stated a limit where you can go?

Like with Mewtwo, the Porygon chain was created and IMO are not true Pokemon.

... Do people who were born through IVF not count as real people to you?
    Do plants that are grown through cloning not count as real plants to you?
    Does anything that has been created by the human race not exist in your philosophy?

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Slowpoke is the smartest. Seriously. XD
    He's so knowledgeable, everything bores him. He knows pain is just an illusion, therefore it has little effect on him. XD

Years
  • ... Do people who were born through IVF not count as real people to you?
    Do plants that are grown through cloning not count as real plants to you?
    Does anything that has been created by the human race not exist in your philosophy?

How dare you suggest that I think IVF babies and other creations are not real? Do you really think I'm that self-centred and ignorant?

I was just saying I didn't think Mewtwo classed as a true Pokemon because it had been created by humans rather than be born then you go and change the subject by saying that nasty comment. I was feeling okay until you said that selfish comment. How can you even say that I would think that?

Last edited:

TheRichar

Check my Thread :3
    Years
  • Well, of course it is Uxie, or even alakazam, without hin no tecnologhy would have been created, and with it, mewto and porygon (Sorry for my english)

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
  • Is an IQ of 5000 even possible? Has the IQ system stated a limit where you can go?

There isn't a set limit, but so far, the highest to have been thought to exist was this American guy who was believed to have an IQ of bout 291 or so...

While 5000 sounds extremely unrealistic, no one could say if it was possible... IQ is basically just how fast the brain can work and process information... This would mean, however, that the artificial Pokémon, whose brain is basically a supercomputer, would probably have an IQ that heavily exceeds humans' and most, if not all, Pokémon...

However, I agree that the naturally smartest Pokémon would be Slowking(it's the only Pokémon capable of talking the human language), Alakazam(due to its unrealistically high IQ), or Mewtwo... I've noticed many people say Mewtwo isn't a "real" Pokémon, but if you follow the games, Mewtwo was birthed by Mew, as previously mentioned, and is actually the ONLY Pokémon born and not hatched from an egg.

And well, if we imagine that IQ increases Psycic power, Mewtwo's would probably far exceed Alakazams... For example, if we go by the Anime, he was able to use his Psycic powers to create storms thought to be "powerful enough to destroy the planet"

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
  • Meowth can talk Pokemon language too as can that Gastly in Maiden's Peak. The Slowking in one of the Johto episodes doesn't talk however but does sound quite intelligent.

Man, I had totally forgot about those two XD However, from the places where I've read, it's said that Slowking can naturally speak our language due to it's intelligence... Meowth had to train for years(though the fact he could shows that Meowth's have an impressive intelligence as well), and the Gastly... dunno, that was just weird...

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • How dare you suggest that I think IVF babies and other creations are not real? Do you really think I'm that self-centred and ignorant?

I was just saying I didn't think Mewtwo classed as a true Pokemon because it had been created by humans rather than be born then you go and change the subject by saying that nasty comment. I was feeling okay until you said that selfish comment. How can you even say that I would think that?

Man, I'm sorry that you've taken that so easily to heart but I was just putting that out there. If you think that I was that harsh, I'm genuinely sorry, and I fully apologise, but not once did I accuse you of being self-centered or ignorant, and so that I shall not apologise for.

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
  • I was just saying I didn't think Mewtwo classed as a true Pokemon because it had been created by humans rather than be born

It WAS born... As the only Pokémon to ever do so... It was just genetically tampered with... For anyone familiar with Final Fantasy VII, you could say Mewtwo is the Pokémon equivalent to Sephiroth XD

Years
  • Man, I'm sorry that you've taken that so easily to heart but I was just putting that out there. If you think that I was that harsh, I'm genuinely sorry, and I fully apologise, but not once did I accuse you of being self-centered or ignorant, and so that I shall not apologise for.

It's okay, apology accepted. I'm sorry for my outburst.

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
  • I'm going with my main man Alakazam! He has an IQ nearly as high as mines! :O
    So if he's even half as smart as me, he's the smartest Pokemon ;) hehe.

Years
  • Arcues(spl)?
    Created everything? Surely he would know a thing or two due to the fact he created the universe and all.

He didn't know that Damos wasn't the one who betrayed him with the Jewel Of Life. He didn't know that not all humans were bad when he unleashed his anger on humans and Michina Town. He couldn't remember that the past had been changed when Ash and co returned to the future.

Mind you, I never really believed in the story of Arceus and the Jewel Of Life, that is not how I imagined Arceus. I always imagined him to be more god-like that he is in that movie.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Pokedex entries aren't always correct and based on what I've seen from the games Uxie is far from the smartest Pokemon. Slowking seems more like the smartest Pokemon to me, well the one from the Orange Islands or maybe Mewtwo.

There is a different between "smart" and "knowing". That's like saying a kid who studies and receives As is smarter than a kid who doesn't study and receives Bs. That kid's not smart; he's just talented at studying.

Slowking is wise; Uxie has all of the knowledge, but it's what you do with knowledge that counts. Alakazam has a high IQ but IQ only works with logical situations, such as mathematics and physics. IQ plays no part in linguistics, the arts (except when using mathematics in art, i.e. drawing), etc. Some people with high IQs have very little common sense, and some aren't even good at math, despite their IQ level.

Alakazam is the Pokemon with the highest IQ - not the smartest.

Uxie has the most knowledge - but he is not the smartest, for knowing things and relaying them does not prove you're smart.

Slowking is wise. Generally, a degree of intellect is required in order to be wise.

Being "smart" is having a great thinking pattern, being cunning and getting away with it, the ability to use your words to dumbfound others, amazing debate skills, etc.

That's intelligence, not IQ or knowledge.

With that in mind, who is the smartest Pokemon?

Who is the most cunning? The best talker? The one who develops the best, most successful ideas without looking at books?

Pikachu and Squirtle seem smart to me, along with Slowking.

Back