• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smash Bros. for Switch discussion/speculation

blue

gucci
    Years
    A new Smash game would be great and by the look of the logo and the trailer, it is looking like this will be a new entry rather than a port.

As for new fighters, Incineroar definitely seems likely and also a couple of the ARMS characters. Personally, I'd love to see Crash Bandicoot as a fighter which is also a possibility since they announced the N. Sane Trilogy for the Switch.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    As for new characters, assist trophy characters like Waluigi or Lyn seem like a no brainer for easy choices. Something from gen 7 probably. Spring Man. the mole from mole mania. I hope Luigi is playable.
    Luigi's pretty much guaranteed to get in really lol

Years
    Luigi's pretty much guaranteed to get in really lol

Unfortunately I feel like Wario might steal his spot, but I'll stay optimistic.

On a more serious note I hope they don't spend too much time on side modes like Smash Run or Smash Tour. Smash Run seemed like a nice idea but had poor execution and Smash Tour was rather messy overall.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    A new Smash game would be great and by the look of the logo and the trailer, it is looking like this will be a new entry rather than a port.

As for new fighters, Incineroar definitely seems likely and also a couple of the ARMS characters. Personally, I'd love to see Crash Bandicoot as a fighter which is also a possibility since they announced the N. Sane Trilogy for the Switch.

The one Playstation Exclusive I was annoyed to miss out on is coming to Xbox One too. Cool. I can see Crash as a playable character with Coco as an alternate costume.

Incineroar makes too much sense but they might opt for Decidueye as Charizard is likely to be in again.

Decidueye could play similar to Pit's character. A Lycanroc (Probably Dusk as it was the most promoted) could get in too.

It would be nice to have the option to play as the Pokemon's Shiny Palettes in the Switch game. I think Pikachu's and Charizard's Gen 2 Shiny are playable in Smash but not the Shiny Palettes for the other Pokemon.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    More FE characters are always nice. But maybe one with a different weapon. I would find it hilarious if Sakurai added in a lance character and made him so that he had an advantage over all sword characters in the cast. :laugh-squinted:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    Mega Man X, Knuckles, and Waluigi would probably be too ambitious of choices.

So I'll stay realistic and predict Decidueye will be in Smash.

And, knowing Sakurai, as many Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, and Kirby characters as he wants.

As for the gameplay, I just hope it isn't as slow as Brawl.

pkmin3033

I haven't enjoyed a Smash game since Melee, and I have a horrible feeling I won't enjoy this one either. Although I'll give it a chance, like I did Brawl and the Wii U/3DS one.

I'd like more original characters and fewer clones, though. Realistically, I *suppose* they'd have to include characters from Xenoblade 2...a Pyra/Mythra two-in-one would be interesting, although they've done that before. Given that Shulk stole Reyn's catchphrase in the last game, I fully expect a playable Rex to scream "THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME? DON'T FORGET ME!" as part of his lines.

...but I didn't like Xenoblade 2, so I'm not really hoping for characters from that. I think at this point I just want a playable Ridley. With Crash coming to Switch I fully expect him to be in the next Smash Bros. game as well. Stranger things have happened.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Seeing the trailer of Smash in Switch makes me feel the urge to play the 3DS version again. While I already expected Smash to be coming in Switch, I'm still blown away by how the first trailer is executed, how the Inklings saw that familiar Smash logo and all.

And speaking of characters, I hope Ice Climbers will make a triumphant return once again, as well as the original Megaman if possible. And when I see what looks like Marth behind the silhouette of flames in the same trailer, I'm wondering if Sakurai would add Lucina again, by any chance? I've been enjoying her as one of my mains in Smash along with Kirby, so I hope she's included too. And speaking of which...

Battle Network Megaman, anyone?
    That's a nice idea! I'll look forward to see if Megaman.EXE will be added as well!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    There were some who wanted Shantae in the last Smash Game and with her game coming to the Switch it would be a nice (If unlikely) surprise if she got in.

If Decidueye or Incineroar gets in then a Pokemon Character likely gets dropped. Possibly Lucario.

Dark Pit really needs to be just an alternate for Pit instead of his own seperate slot. Not sure Dr Mario needs to be a seperate slot anymore either.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm wondering if Sakurai would add Lucina again, by any chance? I've been enjoying her as one of my mains in Smash along with Kirby, so I hope she's included too.
    It's pretty likely imo that she'll make a return in Smash Switch in some fashion, whether it be as a Marth clone again or as a completely different character or even just a Marth alt (like was originally intended iirc). She's a little too popular of a Fire Emblem character to completely do away with.

I'm curious though to see what FE characters are going to be in it though.

Last edited:
    Back