• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smeargle's Hut ~ Monocolor Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012

Hello and welcome to the Smeargle's Hut, otherwise know as the Monocolor Challenge! The rules, as well the challenge are quite simple

Rules

1. You may only use Pokemon of a certain color, the coloring parameter is the Pokedex's one
    1a. In case of shinnies, they're okay, as long as either their original form or their shiny form are of the said color.
    1b. You can, however use a previous form of a Pokemon even if it doesn't fit the color criteria as long as its evolution does and you evolve it as soon as possible
    2. The challenge ends when you beat the Elite Four in GRBY, Red on GSC and HGSS and Alder on BW
    3. You may only hack or trade for trade evolutions of certain Pokemon and/or if you can't obtain one through legal means untill the second badge is obtained

The list

The link, with the color list can be found here

Go Nuts!

To sign up, fill this template
    Code:
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Color:[/b]
    [b]Game:[/b]
    [b]Ultimate:[/b]

Here's mine

Username: Spades Slick
    Color: Red
    Game(s): Red
    Ultimate: No

Entrants
    Spoiler:

Champions
    Spoiler:

Crystalized

Waiting For RSE Remake
    Years
  • I will have a go at this.

Username: Crystalized
    Color: Brown
    Game: LeafGreen
    Ultimate: No

I am using a ROM for this, so I will PrintScreen updates and make a log in this post.

EDIT: Giving up on this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    Username: FaWa
    Color: White
    Game: Fire Red--->Gold--->Ruby--->Pearl--->White (lol)
    Ultimate: Yes Yes Yesss

looking for a challenge.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • Username: InfernoRogue
    Color: Purple
    Game: FireRed -> HeartGold -> Sapphire -> Diamond -> Black
    Ultimate: Yes

Last edited:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • Username:-ty-
    Color: Red
    Game: Red
    Ultimate: possibly

Enigma

Years
  • Update #1 for my Ultimate Purple Monocolor:
    Spoiler:

Current Team:

Alpha Male Lv. 23
    Thrash, Peck, Focus Energy, Double Kick

Cobra Lv. 23
    Wrap, Glare, Poison Sting, Bite

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Apparently I didn't post here saying that I'm starting a Red run on Red. I just got my 4th badge with Charizard and Vileplume, just need to add Kingler and Electrode and I'll have my full team.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Just wanted to ask what the view on Legendaries is. for example, White in GSC only gives you access to Butterfree, Dewgong, Togetic, Smeargle, and Lugia.

I'm thinking about doing this...if only to fight Myrrhman on something, lol. Are you really gonna do all the colors, and not flame out?

And, I just wanted to point out that the thread owner seems to be MIA...she hasn't posted in this thread at all either...

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Just wanted to ask what the view on Legendaries is. for example, White in GSC only gives you access to Butterfree, Dewgong, Togetic, Smeargle, and Lugia.

I'm thinking about doing this...if only to fight Myrrhman on something, lol. Are you really gonna do all the colors, and not flame out?

And, I just wanted to point out that the thread owner seems to be MIA...she hasn't posted in this thread at all either...
    I would assume it would be no legendaries. And I don't want to hear nothing about limited choices, Black RBY gives you Snorlax.

I'm not flaming out on any of the challenges, I'm just taking an extended break from them. I'm planning on doing them all now, yes. Game on.

Yeah, I know she's gone, but I'm too lazy and I'm not good at updating threads, that poor solo/monotype thread to make a new one. If someone does, I'll happily post there, but until then, everything goes here.

Done with Red on Red:

Last edited:

Enigma

Years
  • Yeah, I know she's gone, but I'm too lazy and I'm not good at updating threads, that poor solo/monotype thread to make a new one. If someone does, I'll happily post there, but until then, everything goes here.
    If needed, I'd be happy to make a new thread. This one isn't necessarily dead yet, so I'll give it a chance first.

Update #2 for Ultimate Purple Monocolor (FireRed)
    :
    Spoiler:

Current Team:

Alpha Male Lv. 34
    Thrash, Peck, Focus Energy, Brick Break

Cobra Lv. 34
    Screech, Glare, Poison Sting, Bite

Nebula Lv. 34
    Hypnosis, Shadow Punch, Dream Eater, Confuse Ray

Violet Lv. 31
    Tackle, Surf, Ice Beam, Toxic

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Yeah, I know she's gone, but I'm too lazy and I'm not good at updating threads, that poor solo/monotype thread to make a new one. If someone does, I'll happily post there, but until then, everything goes here.
    I actually did make a new thread, it hasn't been approved yet though.

And because I went way too fast, I finished White on Blue version yesterday, using Carl the Butterfree and Sailor the Dewgong. Sailor was an in-game trade at Cinnabar Island, so he leveled up really fast.

Here are the screens.
    Spoiler:

Hall of Fame:

Team White:

Carl the Butterfree - L58
    Psychic, Sleep Powder, Mega Drain, Take Down
    Kanto MVP

Sailor the Dewgong - L61
    Surf, Ice Beam, Horn Drill, Body Slam
    Elite Four MVP

I'm planning on doing ultimates, one color at a time, so I don't get all bored with playing the same regions over and over like I (and Myrrhman) did with the monotypes.

I guess next up will be White on Crystal version.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I actually did make a new thread, it hasn't been approved yet though.

I'm planning on doing ultimates, one color at a time, so I don't get all bored with playing the same regions over and over like I (and Myrrhman) did with the monotypes.

I guess next up will be White on Crystal version.
    Woot! Looking forward to the new thread.

I think I'm going to do them all by generation again. I looked, and excluding solo challenges, I just have 21 challenges that I'm remotely interested in doing on RBY. They are a combination of Gym Leader/E4 Challenges (10 left), Color Challenges (8 left), and Tier Challenges (3 left). I know that some of the Gym/E4 and Color Challenges can be combined into one, like I did for the challenge that I just finished. And there's only 3 tiers, and Mewtwo and Mew make up the Uber Tier, so I'm assuming I've done the other two before. So I probably only have one tier.

Just checked, and it can be done in 13 more runs of RB. But after I finish RB, we'll see, I may do Ultimates, or I may stay on GSC for a while.

Here's my challenge completion pics. Misty Challenge and Blue Challenge complete!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back