• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smoking.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I've never smoked, and I don't ever plan to. I don't like the smell of cigarettes, but I do have friends that smoke. My only requests are that they don't smoke in my car, or around me in general.

Years
    Smoking, as stated time and time and time again, is absolutely terrible for one's health, and the slight high/buzz from smoking, which does affect the pleasure sensing portion of the brain, is certainly not good for one's health and not worth the clear health risks associated with smoking.

Okay, I would be lying if I said smokers were not attractive; it just seems so irrational! I have dated a smoker, and as disgusting as it sounds, I acquired a liking to the smoke taste while kissing. Though, I ultimately convinced my now ex, to stop smoking for health reasons since the few pros are 100% dwarfed by the multitude of cons.

With that said, I have never smoke and I never will.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I haven't smoked a cigarette before but I've smoked weed (marijuana) with tobacco in it twice in my life, so I don't know if that counts? (Oh, for the record I don't smoke weed normally, it was something I did while drinking too much back when I was 16. It hasn't happened again since then.)

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I wouldn't have carpooled with them if I were you. Personally I do not smoke and I never plan to. I know quite a bit of people who do however, but I don't judge them. It is their choice if others want to smoke, but I can't be around them when they are smoking because of my allergies. They become really irritated at even the slightest amount of cigarette smoke. This means that yes, smoking would definitely be a deal breaker when it comes to a relationship with someone.

I pretty much was kind of forced to carpool with them unfortunately. Sophomore year I would go to these special ed classes in the mornings and it was at another school than my normal high school. I'd go there in the morning and have classes to around 11 and then head over to my actual school to have lunch and the rest of my classes until we got out at 2:30. My dad took me every morning but he usually was at work most afternoons. So on days he was at work, me and my brother had to have a carpool to our normal high school. The teacher at the special ed assigned who carpooled the students and unfortunately, me and my brothers got assigned to carpool with two smokers. None of them were aware of this and I was too scared the guys would kill me if I told the teachers at the special ed they were smoking in their car. I wanted to deep down though if I knew I wouldn't face consequences.

I try not to judge people who smoke, but it's hard for me not to do it cause of the horrible experiences I've dealt with people who smoked. Besides those two, my uncle was a smoker and it's how he died. We got a lot of his furniture from his house, and it smelt like cigar smoke for weeks.

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
    Years
    Over the summer, I would smoke Hooka and be sort of a casual Hooka smoker at parties and stuff. However, I then saw a friend of mine use Hooka as a gateway to marijuana. And then marijuana into cigarettes. And, I really frown upon cigarettes. I will hopefully never smoke them in my life. I had to put up with my parents doing it and I hated the smell.

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years
    I have smoked, but only when life's dealt me a ludicrously bad hand. It was actually my dad that offered me a puff of his cigarette after one of the worst days of my life, and it's become a ritual. As a result, I've only smoked around 6 times.

I'm not particularly bothered by people who smoke, it's their choice after all. If it's someone that I'm in a relationship with, I'm fine with it.

I do have a few rules regarding it - don't smoke in my apartment, and don't do it excessively.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
    I don't smoke, and never will. I think a lot of people get quite hyperbolic on this topic but I've always seen it as negatives only. Very few people enjoy their first cigarettes - the positive effect later on only comes from relieving the negative feelings your cravings have given you.

I have a fairly decent amount of friends who smoke, and I don't think much less of them because of that. I just feel bad because you just know they'll have a hard time stopping in future, and also I have to feel bad for the lack of willpower they must have expressed when they were (presumably) pressured into trying them.

The only thing I have a problem with is people who are addicted and then offer some to people who don't use them - what sort of idiot do you have to be to do that? "Hello I have this addiction that has literally no positive effects and is absolutely murdering my health WANNA TRY? :D" - ridiculous.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I've never smoked. My dad used to smoke, but he mostly quit before I was born. I'm thankful for that because I think it all stinks. I can't stand it when a smoker sits next to me in class. I really didn't like it when my mom used to bring me to her friend's house and the friend would constantly be smoking around me. Like c'mon, I was like 8 years old, have some class. @__@

Sirfetch’d

I've never smoked. My dad used to smoke, but he mostly quit before I was born. I'm thankful for that because I think it all stinks. I can't stand it when a smoker sits next to me in class. I really didn't like it when my mom used to bring me to her friend's house and the friend would constantly be smoking around me. Like c'mon, I was like 8 years old, have some class. @__@

That really annoys me when adults who smoke choose to do it so close to young kids. Secondhand smoke is just as bad, especially for someone who is young like you were and when someone smokes around a child like that they don't realize the damage that they can potentially be doing. That or either they just don't care.

Back