• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smoking.

Sirfetch’d

Do you smoke cigarettes? What is your opinion on smoking in general? Is smoking an immediate turnoff to you when trying to form a relationship with someone or does it just simply not bother you at all?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't smoke cigarettes. I have friends, family, and coworkers who smoke, and I try not to be around them when they smoke. I don't let anyone in my car smoke. Its not something I support people doing, so if someone smokes, I will judge them. I'm normally not a judgmental person, and I'm someone who believes people should be able to do whatever they want, but there is nothing good about smoking and if someone is stupid enough to cause harm to their body with that stuff, then so be it.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I've never smoked, and I absolutely hate the smell of smoke lingering in the air. I really don't know what the kick is with smoking, but it's one of the most stupidest things you can do. My parents smoke, and I'm sick of telling them.

Years
    Dislike. Dislike. Dislike. I don't smoke at all, but I have family members that do and I went to school with people that did as well. Like Nick, I judge people if they smoke, and it's unfortunate that my parents do it because all they do is stink up the house. And I will not let anyone smoke in my vehicle, either.

Years
    I don't feel bad about judging people in general, so I don't feel bad about judging people over smoking either. It's not a good habit, and pretty much everybody's that I've questioned why they started ends up attributing that to peer pressure - well, especially the more open ones. I have a sensitive nose that inflames easily to begin with, so I don't tolerate it. I see smoking as releasing irritants into the air, so there's no mercy for the people that make me reach for my nasal spray, hmmph.

Years
    I hate smoking in general. Smoking leaves bad odor, not to mention the risk of secondhand smoking from being around smoking areas. It's a waste of money, waste of your health, and hard to quit so I don't know why people choose to smoke in the first place.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
    I'm more of a chewing tobacco kind of guy, but I smoke one every now and then. Yeah yeah, I know it's bad. Cancer, all that crap. The buzz is just too good to care and tobacco is a good stress reliever, at least in my opinion. I'll deal with those problems when I'm 40. There's a sort of social aspect too it as well, it's fun to just listen to music with the guys and put in a pinch or something. I learned to stop caring what people think along time ago, so if people want to judge then good for them, probably not the kind of people I want to hang out with anyways.

If you don't like smoking or any sort of tobacco use then defiantly stay away from the military. It doesn't matter who you are or what you do. You WILL start sometime while your in.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I don't smoke, but I'm around people who do pretty often. I'm used to the smell by now; despite being asthmatic, it doesn't much bother me.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Never smoked in my life and never will. Also I wouldn't go out with someone who has smoked. My dad hasn't smoked in his life either, so I promised him I'd keep my life smoke free. Not a fan of it, and never will be.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I don't smoke, but my parents do. When I was younger, we took this dare program. That really opened my eyes and helped me understand how horrible smoking and other drugs were. I really think it's a bad habit because it affects to many people's lives. Also, it would bother me because of my allergies. However, I don't have to worry about that because my bf doesn't smoke. lol

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
    Years
    I don't smoke. And don't like being around others that are currently smoking. The smell of the smoke and inhaling the smoke makes me uncomfortable. Unless it's windy out in which case I'm fine.

I don't think I could date a girl that smokes. It's a pretty big turnoff for me.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I share mostly the same views as the others here. I dislike smoking and, albeit unconsciously, I do judge smokers. I don't think that that's justified though. Someone who has made the choice to smoke isn't a lesser human being, and sometimes quitting isn't within the realm of possibility. I'm ashamed to say I've thought less favorably of some of my family members after I learned they smoked. It's not (usually) something that affects who they are as a person, and as long as they don't condone (for lack of a better word) second-hand smoke, then it shouldn't be my problem.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I'm not a big fan of smoking. t smells bad and is unhealthy. I had to car poll with two people who smoked my sophomore year of high school and it wasn't pleasant being in that car for the 15 minutes of going from one school to the other. And then my uniforms smelt awful too. I'm never gonna smoke and I really don't get why some people enjoy it. I'd probably not date a person who smokes, it's a big turn off.

Years
    I know some people are addicted and I don't like to judge people for things that are out of their control (to whatever degree), but, whatever the reasons, smoking is still disgusting and I can't stand to be around the smell of it and will be completely open with my disgust. I've told people I know and like that I think they're disgusting when they smoke.

Years
    If you don't like smoking or any sort of tobacco use then defiantly stay away from the military. It doesn't matter who you are or what you do. You WILL start sometime while your in.

Nahh man, wouldn't that slow you down in the field?

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I never smoke, never will. Mainly for the health concerns. I also really dislike people that smoke, especially in areas that are designated as "no smoking" (in Seattle areas such as bus stops, outside restaurants and stores) or where children might be present.

Anytime someone is smoking I'll go on a different direction.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
    Years
    My dad smoked for awhile, but his disease forced him to stop thankfully.
    I was offered a cigarette by a ten year old when I was six, thank God I declined. It's horrible for you, it's disgusting, and it's dumb.
    I'm sorry, but I do judge people who smoke. They should be intelligent enough not to smoke in the first place. Whenever I walk by people smoking, especially in places where they shouldn't be, I make it very very clear I'm holding my breath.
    Sorry if its rude, but if they have to be so gross, they can freaking do it somewhere else.

Sirfetch’d

I'm not a big fan of smoking. t smells bad and is unhealthy. I had to car poll with two people who smoked my sophomore year of high school and it wasn't pleasant being in that car for the 15 minutes of going from one school to the other. And then my uniforms smelt awful too. I'm never gonna smoke and I really don't get why some people enjoy it. I'd probably not date a person who smokes, it's a big turn off.

I wouldn't have carpooled with them if I were you. Personally I do not smoke and I never plan to. I know quite a bit of people who do however, but I don't judge them. It is their choice if others want to smoke, but I can't be around them when they are smoking because of my allergies. They become really irritated at even the slightest amount of cigarette smoke. This means that yes, smoking would definitely be a deal breaker when it comes to a relationship with someone.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
    Nahh man, wouldn't that slow you down in the field?

Nah man, that's just a myth. Me and a few other guys will actually chew while running during our PT test. It helps distract you from the pain of running. So for me, it actually increases my run time.

Back