• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Snivy, Oshawott, or Tepig?

ThrashingZombie

Poke Breeder
Years
  • I always start with Fire types (Except for one game, I started with water) so, Tepig was my go to dude! I now have all 3 but I still go for fire. :D

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Tepig > Snivy > Oshawott.

The Unova starter trio wasn't the best of the best IMO, but out of the three my favourite would most probably be Tepig!

La Espada

Captain Ressentiment
    Years
  • Went with Snivy because I thought it looked cool. Of course I would later regret that decision because the Snivy line doesn't suit my play style at all.

RetroFanatic

Warlock
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    Snivy, easily. I love using Coil with Serperior to setup and the begin dishing out the pain.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I'm gonna be honest and say that the Unova starters were the most disappointing starters since Johto. None of them felt very strong or their stats were just distributed in the worst way possible. I chose Tepig though because I always stuck with the fire starter and affectionately named it Porkchop because it sounds like a funny tough guy name. He's a big buff fighting pig so it felt fitting.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I honestly didn't really like any of the final evolutions of these, and in addition that, my favorite of the three (Serperior) had a god-awful movepool which made it almost unusable for me. I played with Emboar in White 2 and while I didn't really like it's design much, it was a lot more usable and better than the other two in my opinion, so my vote goes to Tepig!

Back