• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Serebii is updating a lot onto their site now.

Exclusives:

X Exclusives
    Spoiler:

Y Exclusives
    Spoiler:

New battle type: Inverse Battles
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Serebii is updating a lot onto their site now.

Exclusives:

X Exclusives
    Spoiler:

Y Exclusives
    Spoiler:

New battle type: Inverse Battles
    Spoiler:
    inverse battles being a bigger part in games would be awesome especially if you didnt know before hand it'd definitely make things more interesting!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Ditto is #138 in the Mountain Kalos Dex.

Thanks. I guess I just overlooked it in the Dex. Lol. Thanks though. Really glad it is in there. Make it a lot easier to get eggs of started and trade them away.

I am a bit disappointed that Larvitar line is Y exclusive. I plan to get both games eventually. If it wasn't for Mega Charizard X, I would probably get Y instead of X now. I guess it will take a few more lines to change my mind of which game to get. I don't use legendaries so I guess it doesn't really matter about which I get. just depends on the rest.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    Tyranitar a Y exclusive?!? DAMN YOU GF!

At least we X users get Houndoom. But no way is Aggron even remotely comparable to Tyranitar. Rhyperior I would understand, but not Tyranitar.

Let's see...

Mega Charizard X > Mega Charizard Y
    Starmie > Cloyster
    Pinsir < Heracross
    Mega Mewtwo X > Mega Mewtwo Y
    Houndoom > Manectric
    Mightyena < Liepard
    Aggron < Tyranitar
    Sawk > Throh
    Slurpuff = Aromatisse (both suck)
    Clawitzer = Dragalge
    Xerneas = Yveltal

I'm expecting Dragalge to be better than Clawitzer, though.

It's balanced (or slightly in favor of X) but advantages Y has over X are much bigger. I mean, in the current metagame, Starmie isn't much better than Cloyster, but Tyranitar is absurdly better than Aggron. Not that Aggron is a bad Pokémon, it's actually one of my favorite Hoenn Pokémon, but it's simply unusable competitively because of its horrible typing, while Tyranitar is much stronger and has a splendid ability in the form of Sand Stream which boosts it even further. Likewise, Houndoom's advantage over Manectric is smaller than Heracross' advantage over Pinsir. Pinsir is a bad Heracross. And due to typing alone I'm expecting Dragalge to be vastly superior to Clawitzer, even if Clawitzer is the better designed Pokémon.

Seriously, GF. You don't make stuff like Heracross, Houndoom, Starmie and Tyranitar version exclusives. You just don't.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Spoiler:

Sorry if I'm reposting, but Bug has a new Anti-Fire attack called Powder. Its interesting.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    Spoiler:

Sorry if I'm reposting, but Bug has a new Anti-Fire attack called Powder. Its interesting.

That is interesting! I wonder what kind of damage it would inflict, or if its based on how much damage the fire move in question would do.

Way to think outside the box, Game Freak lol

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017
    I Love the new music! =D It's better than unova, that's for sure!

No,... you're just excited that's for sure.
    The problem the themes are good, but not for battles, it lacks epicness, sometimes you feel there's empty parts.
    The music that I like is team flare's.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    That is interesting! I wonder what kind of damage it would inflict, or if its based on how much damage the fire move in question would do.

I think it may be a set damage similar to confusion and typeless like confusion damage. This being said because I feel it may explode on non-damaging Fire type attacks as well. Which is why I'm wondering if Grass types are immune to it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014

maybe bug but can burn the user? sorry not user the person covered in powder

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Not looking at any posts since it's spoiler city but can somebody do me a favour?

Could someone send me a pm with a link or a list of the exclusive older pokemon? (not the new pokemon since I know those)

Also without telling me anything too detailed, are there locations in the game that are very different depending on the version?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Starmie > Cloyster
    Pinsir < Heracross
    Mega Mewtwo X > Mega Mewtwo Y
    Houndoom > Manectric
    Mightyena < Liepard
    Aggron < Tyranitar
    Sawk > Throh
    Slurpuff = Aromatisse (both suck)
    Clawitzer = Dragalge
    Xerneas = Yveltal

Not to be argumentative, but I kinda disagree with some of these. Since you are comparing the version exclusives, might as well do so myself.

Mega Chariard X < Mega Charizard Y
    Fire/Dragon is an amazing type but since its a Mega form, it doesn't really help Chariard out with hazards so the main defense it could muster is kinds moot. It gains weakness to Dragon and keeps weakness to Rock. Loses Fairy and Water, but gains Ground Weakness opening him to EQ spam. While Mega Y still has the same weaknesses as before so you don't even have to change your strategy. With Drought, even weakened as it is, you get an Auto Solar Beam, weaken water attack by half their strength effectively countering your weakness to them, and since its a Special Attacker it can obliterate a lot of Rock and Water types with one turn Solar Beams.

Starmie < Cloyster
    Skill Link + Shell Smash + Icicle Spear = rape.

Pinsir = Heracross
    Heracross while a dual type seems to be on the bad end of the stick this generation with the new type added in. Both are very good Pokemon however and Pinsir having Mold Breaker gives it an advantage over Pokemon with Defensive abilities.

Mewtwo X < Mewtwo Y
    Pure Psychic seems to have my love in this case. Gaining weakness to Flying and Fairy while only losing Dark and Bug weaknesses doesn't sound like an even trade. Even loses Psychic Resistance and makes it a neutral type which isn't beneficial at all to it.

Houndoom > Manetric
    Ya. Nothing really to say. Fire devil dog wins with both looks and battle prowess.

Mightyena = Liepard
    I can remember a time when everyone and their grandma *****ed about Liepard....now I see it used in OU teams. XD Either way both of these are on the same level for me personally I don't get much use out of either though I can use both all the way through any given game effectively so they are even in my books.

Aggron = Tyranitar
    Sure TTar is a Pseudo Legendary, but Aggron has type advantage over it. In direct combat it would be hard to say who would win depending on who has what moveset and items equipped. TTar gets a lot of hype because of his standing but I usually get more use out of Aggron than I do with TTar. Though this doesn't mean that either one has a clear advantage over the other for me.

Sawk < Throh
    Guts Throh with what will be a boosted Storm Throw (Always crits) is going to be mean. Though the attack ignores Stat buffs, Guts will make up for any status ailment that inflicts it and can be canceled out if used with Flame Orb to always give it burn status. I don't think Guts' boost is negated by Critical Hit either...so +50% Attack boost with an auto Crit attack.

Slurpuff = Aromatisse
    I agree...both suck. My expectations for Fairies had to be lowered because of these two.

Clawitzer < Dragalge
    Dragon Type that can put the fairies in their place. Need more be said?

Xerneas = Yveltal
    Despite the obvious type advantage, looks wise I prefer Yveltal. I like his attack more as well. Both are on the same level for me though.

apparently froakies hidden ability is protean which changes its type to the type of move it just used

O= Froakie just got more badass!

*See Electric type* Water Type? Nope~ *mud slaps* Now I'm Ground baby~ Oh look Grass type *Aerial Aces* Flying type ***** ~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Not to be argumentative, but I kinda disagree with some of these. Since you are comparing the version exclusives, might as well do so myself.

Mega Chariard X < Mega Charizard Y
    Fire/Dragon is an amazing type but since its a Mega form, it doesn't really help Chariard out with hazards so the main defense it could muster is kinds moot. It gains weakness to Dragon and keeps weakness to Rock. Loses Fairy and Water, but gains Ground Weakness opening him to EQ spam. While Mega Y still has the same weaknesses as before so you don't even have to change your strategy. With Drought, even weakened as it is, you get an Auto Solar Beam, weaken water attack by half their strength effectively countering your weakness to them, and since its a Special Attacker it can obliterate a lot of Rock and Water types with one turn Solar Beams.

Starmie < Cloyster
    Skill Link + Shell Smash + Icicle Spear = rape.

Pinsir = Heracross
    Heracross while a dual type seems to be on the bad end of the stick this generation with the new type added in. Both are very good Pokemon however and Pinsir having Mold Breaker gives it an advantage over Pokemon with Defensive abilities.

Mewtwo X < Mewtwo Y
    Pure Psychic seems to have my love in this case. Gaining weakness to Flying and Fairy while only losing Dark and Bug weaknesses doesn't sound like an even trade. Even loses Psychic Resistance and makes it a neutral type which isn't beneficial at all to it.

Houndoom > Manetric
    Ya. Nothing really to say. Fire devil dog wins with both looks and battle prowess.

Mightyena = Liepard
    I can remember a time when everyone and their grandma *****ed about Liepard....now I see it used in OU teams. XD Either way both of these are on the same level for me personally I don't get much use out of either though I can use both all the way through any given game effectively so they are even in my books.

Aggron = Tyranitar
    Sure TTar is a Pseudo Legendary, but Aggron has type advantage over it. In direct combat it would be hard to say who would win depending on who has what moveset and items equipped. TTar gets a lot of hype because of his standing but I usually get more use out of Aggron than I do with TTar. Though this doesn't mean that either one has a clear advantage over the other for me.

Sawk < Throh
    Guts Throh with what will be a boosted Storm Throw (Always crits) is going to be mean. Though the attack ignores Stat buffs, Guts will make up for any status ailment that inflicts it and can be canceled out if used with Flame Orb to always give it burn status. I don't think Guts' boost is negated by Critical Hit either...so +50% Attack boost with an auto Crit attack.

Slurpuff = Aromatisse
    I agree...both suck. My expectations for Fairies had to be lowered because of these two.

Clawitzer < Dragalge
    Dragon Type that can put the fairies in their place. Need more be said?

Xerneas = Yveltal
    Despite the obvious type advantage, looks wise I prefer Yveltal. I like his attack more as well. Both are on the same level for me though.

O= Froakie just got more badass!

*See Electric type* Water Type? Nope~ *mud slaps* Now I'm Ground baby~ Oh look Grass type *Aerial Aces* Flying type ***** ~
    my question is what happens with greninja which of its types change primary or secondary?

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
    Starmie > Cloyster
    Pinsir < Heracross
    Mega Mewtwo X < Mega Mewtwo Y
    Houndoom > Manectric (Really upset that we don't get Houndoom)
    Mightyena > Liepard
    Aggron >>>> Tyranitar (Cries forever)
    Sawk = Throh (I don't really care about these guys)
    Slurpuff <<<<< Aromatisse (Spritzee is really the only thing besides Dragalge that makes Y worth it to me)
    Clawitzer < Dragalge (Really love this guy)
    Xerneas = Yveltal
    PS. I'm gonna be getting X sooner or later anyway once I get the money so it's really not a big deal to me)

Years
    Not looking at any posts since it's spoiler city but can somebody do me a favour?

Could someone send me a pm with a link or a list of the exclusive older pokemon? (not the new pokemon since I know those)

Also without telling me anything too detailed, are there locations in the game that are very different depending on the version?

Version exclusives list is here, courtesy of XanderO: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7875010&postcount=3482

So yeah, that's his post in case if you missed it. And from what I know, there doesn't seem to be version-exclusives in locations.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    my question is what happens with greninja which of its types change primary or secondary?

If it works like Soak, Camoflage, or Conversion it loses both types and only gains the new type. It's a gamble to play, just like using a Kecleon (who has the same ability now). Its beneficial to you if you have a diverse move set and can read your opponent to counter what they may have.

Competative for Jigglypuff and Gothorita seems pretty cool. A Special Attack version of Defiant.

Ability Capsule (Costs 200BP): Switches between the Primary and Secondary abilities on the Pokémon

I think Serebii confirmed that this does not work on Hidden Abilities since it only effects the Primary and Secondary Abilities.. So I have to wonder how they got the Hidden Ability for Froakie.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back