• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Aesthetically, I prefer Y. (I am relieved!)
    I bolded pokemon, I really want to use!
    (Scores based on my preference of design.)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    If it works like Soak, Camoflage, or Conversion it loses both types and only gains the new type. It's a gamble to play, just like using a Kecleon (who has the same ability now). Its beneficial to you if you have a diverse move set and can read your opponent to counter what they may have.

Competative for Jigglypuff and Gothorita seems pretty cool. A Special Attack version of Defiant.

Ability Capsule (Costs 200BP): Switches between the Primary and Secondary abilities on the Pokémon

I think Serebii confirmed that this does not work on Hidden Abilities since it only effects the Primary and Secondary Abilities.. So I have to wonder how they got the Hidden Ability for Froakie.
    he was in the battle place and the enemy froakies ability activated and it was protean

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Im not sure if anyone said this already, but the EXP Share is now a Key Item.
    You can turn it either on or off, and it shares the EXP with your WHOLE Team...
    yeah we know that, you get it after the 1st gym right? still unsure how it works with lucky egg though so if you can get one and do tests that'd be awesome!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    yeah we know that, you get it after the 1st gym right? still unsure how it works with lucky egg though so if you can get one and do tests that'd be awesome!

Yeah you get it right after the first gym. I dnont know when i get an lucky egg, but apparently the active pokemon gets half the EXP, the other is distributed equally among the other members of your team.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Yeah you get it right after the first gym. I dnont know when i get an lucky egg, but apparently the active pokemon gets half the EXP, the other is distributed equally among the other members of your team.
    so the egg holder gets 1.5 xp but the rest dont get the xp boost or they do?

Years
    Serebii.net actually crashed yesterday and if you follow Serebii on Twiter he said that when the problem was fixed he'd have a surprise for us.

Wow can't wait to see what the surprise is, hoping it's a good one!

Serebii is one of the most followed sites for Pokemon news worldwide so I'm expecting something awesome when they get back up.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    Not to be argumentative, but I kinda disagree with some of these. Since you are comparing the version exclusives, might as well do so myself.

Mega Chariard X < Mega Charizard Y
    Fire/Dragon is an amazing type but since its a Mega form, it doesn't really help Chariard out with hazards so the main defense it could muster is kinds moot. It gains weakness to Dragon and keeps weakness to Rock. Loses Fairy and Water, but gains Ground Weakness opening him to EQ spam. While Mega Y still has the same weaknesses as before so you don't even have to change your strategy. With Drought, even weakened as it is, you get an Auto Solar Beam, weaken water attack by half their strength effectively countering your weakness to them, and since its a Special Attacker it can obliterate a lot of Rock and Water types with one turn Solar Beams.

Starmie < Cloyster
    Skill Link + Shell Smash + Icicle Spear = rape.

Pinsir = Heracross
    Heracross while a dual type seems to be on the bad end of the stick this generation with the new type added in. Both are very good Pokemon however and Pinsir having Mold Breaker gives it an advantage over Pokemon with Defensive abilities.

Mewtwo X < Mewtwo Y
    Pure Psychic seems to have my love in this case. Gaining weakness to Flying and Fairy while only losing Dark and Bug weaknesses doesn't sound like an even trade. Even loses Psychic Resistance and makes it a neutral type which isn't beneficial at all to it.

Houndoom > Manetric
    Ya. Nothing really to say. Fire devil dog wins with both looks and battle prowess.

Mightyena = Liepard
    I can remember a time when everyone and their grandma *****ed about Liepard....now I see it used in OU teams. XD Either way both of these are on the same level for me personally I don't get much use out of either though I can use both all the way through any given game effectively so they are even in my books.

Aggron = Tyranitar
    Sure TTar is a Pseudo Legendary, but Aggron has type advantage over it. In direct combat it would be hard to say who would win depending on who has what moveset and items equipped. TTar gets a lot of hype because of his standing but I usually get more use out of Aggron than I do with TTar. Though this doesn't mean that either one has a clear advantage over the other for me.

Sawk < Throh
    Guts Throh with what will be a boosted Storm Throw (Always crits) is going to be mean. Though the attack ignores Stat buffs, Guts will make up for any status ailment that inflicts it and can be canceled out if used with Flame Orb to always give it burn status. I don't think Guts' boost is negated by Critical Hit either...so +50% Attack boost with an auto Crit attack.

Slurpuff = Aromatisse
    I agree...both suck. My expectations for Fairies had to be lowered because of these two.

Clawitzer < Dragalge
    Dragon Type that can put the fairies in their place. Need more be said?

Xerneas = Yveltal
    Despite the obvious type advantage, looks wise I prefer Yveltal. I like his attack more as well. Both are on the same level for me though.

O= Froakie just got more badass!

*See Electric type* Water Type? Nope~ *mud slaps* Now I'm Ground baby~ Oh look Grass type *Aerial Aces* Flying type ***** ~

Agree with you on every subject man. X and Y got some badass exclusives going down and WTH tyranitar and aggron version exclusives?! Well im sorry, but its unaccetable. That is a bad move GF.
    Froakie yeah bay!!!!!! Gonna get some ground and dark moves to resist this fire E4 alright!

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    I'm not sure but I thought Lucky Egg only worked for the holder, so the Split would happen and then you'd get the Lucky Egg boost.
    in the bulbapedia description it says "Pokémon that do not participate in battle will only gain half of the possible experience." so i was unsure of if the lucky egg boost was includedin that or not its worth testing just in case

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years

WRONG! The active gets 100% and the rst are getting 50%

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
    Wow can't wait to see what the surprise is, hoping it's a good one!

Serebii is one of the most followed sites for Pokemon news worldwide so I'm expecting something awesome when they get back up.
    Him leaking is his surprise. he said he wasn't but after his site crashed he wanted to give his followers something to say he was sorry for the inconvenience.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    in the bulbapedia description it says "Pokémon that do not participate in battle will only gain half of the possible experience." so i was unsure of if the lucky egg boost was includedin that or not its worth testing just in case

Well I know that if you had a Traded Pokemon with EXP Share before, they'd get a different EXP Amount when awarded EXP through EXP Share. The EXP Share would take the winning Pokemon's EXP, divide it by the number of Pokemon with EXP Share, and then the traded Pokemon's trade bonus got added on to what it would have gotten, so I imagine Lucky Egg would work this way as well.

When I used Lucky Egg to EXP Share train Pokemon I didn't see any difference in the EXP gained on the ones with the Share whether my lead was using Lucky Egg or not.

Years
    Courtesy of 4chan:

Spoiler:

Looks to be a CoroCoro scan confirming the final evos to the starters (which we had already known about).. looks like Delphox has the twig after all :o

I also apologize if this was already posted ;;

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
    Well I know that if you had a Traded Pokemon with EXP Share before, they'd get a different EXP Amount when awarded EXP through EXP Share. The EXP Share would take the winning Pokemon's EXP, divide it by the number of Pokemon with EXP Share, and then the traded Pokemon's trade bonus got added on to what it would have gotten, so I imagine Lucky Egg would work this way as well.

When I used Lucky Egg to EXP Share train Pokemon I didn't see any difference in the EXP gained on the ones with the Share whether my lead was using Lucky Egg or not.

The Lucky Egg is calculated AFTER the Exp Share is calculated. Say you lead Pokemon (Gen 1-5) earns 200 exp (Before Exp Share and Lucky Egg) and its holding a Lucky Egg and another Pokemon is holding an Exp Share, the other guy will get 100 exp, half of what was earned. The lead pokemon will then get 150 exp, 100 exp multiplied by 1.5. Now in Gen 6, if the Exp won was 200 (before Lucky Egg and Exp Share) the whole party who hasn't battled will EACH earn 100 exp and the lead party member will earn 300 exp, 200 times 1.5.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Courtesy of 4chan:

Spoiler:

Looks to be a CoroCoro scan confirming the final evos to the starters (which we had already known about).. looks like Delphox has the twig after all :o

i dont remember the scans being shown but there was a vid i think a few posts back with footage of the stick

Years
    Courtesy of 4chan:

Spoiler:

Thanks for posting that, some actual artwork will help me decide which starter I really want to use.
    I've been eyeing froakie but I ALWAYS pick fire. If it wasn't for how crappy braixen looks I wouldn't hesitate to pick the little fire fox.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back