• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Yeah I'm loving the Skrelp evolution, they did a great job there making something so derpy become something so beautiful, and heck it looks just like a real weedy sea dragon which is the creature it's based on. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Y players want to have a Skrelp on their team now as a result of it.

Diggersby may have bad stats like all the other Rattata clones, but they do have the useful niche at being good HM slaves, Bibarel being the most notable example of this given it learns almost every HM out there.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Yeah I'm loving the Skrelp evolution, they did a great job there making something so derpy become something so beautiful, and heck it looks just like a real weedy sea dragon which is the creature it's based on. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Y players want to have a Skrelp on their team now as a result of it.

Diggersby may have bad stats like all the other Rattata clones, but they do have the useful niche at being good HM slaves, Bibarel being the most notable example of this given it learns almost every HM out there.

Looks awesome but frail looking fellow. I'm eager to see her base stats so I can decide to get her to my Party or not! ><

They shoulda gave wings to Bibarel so it can fly. lol
    Ah maybe I guess I can give it a can of Redbull!

Bibarel is confirmed to be in Coastal Dex, right?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Diggersby stats:
    Spoiler:

I'm disappointed, tbh. It looks so strong, yet its offenses are weak for a fully evolved Pokemon; heck, it's even kinda sad that it's weaker than things like Linoone or Watchog.

It does seem to have good defensive stats, though. If it has some recovery and supportive moves in its arsenal, then I could see it being used as some sort of a wall. This Pokémon is quite big in size, so if it gets an evolution, then I expect it to be much, much larger. It could be as big as Snorlax, maybe. Does Diggersby have any other ability, other than Pickup? Some people may find Pickup to be useful in-game, but when it comes to battling though, all of its usefulness go away in an instant. D: If Pickup had some sort of an in-battle effect—maybe if it allowed you to snatch your opponent's item as soon as you got into contact with them—then perhaps it would have been a little more helpful.

DualBlade

The Umbreon Lover
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 24, 2013
    Looks awesome but frail looking fellow. I eager to see its base stats so I can decide to get her to my Party or not! ><

They shoulda gave wings to Bibarel so it can fly. lol
    Ah maybe I guess I can give it a can of Redbull!

Bibarel is confirmed to be in Coastal Dex, right?
    From what I've seen, No.

Or maybe it can spin its tail until it floats XD

EDIT : It's in the Central Dex, not Coastal.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sun

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    Years
    Also, in case you have not noticed.

Goodra, goomy's final evolution, display's a 'male' heading above the picture, much like vivillion's 'polar patter'.

Similarly, Pumpkapoo's final evolution, Gourgeist, displays a 'small size' heading about the picture, again similar to the form variation header of vivillion.

It appears that both of these pokemon have at least one more form.
    Obviously Goodra's is a female forme.

Gourgeist, who knows? I am very confounded by 'small size forme'. Could be tall, big, or multiple different ones. I'll have to wait and see.

Years
    It does seem to have good defensive stats, though. If it has some recovery and supportive moves in its arsenal, then I could see it being used as some sort of a wall. This Pokémon is quite big in size, so if it gets an evolution, then I expect it to be much, much larger. It could be as big as Snorlax, maybe. Does Diggersby have any other ability, other than Pickup? Some people may find Pickup to be useful in-game, but when it comes to battling though, all of its usefulness go away in an instant. D: If Pickup had some sort of an in-battle effect—maybe if it allowed you to snatch your opponent's item as soon as you got into contact with them—then perhaps it would have been a little more helpful.

I believe its alternate ability is Cheek Pouch (the ability that makes you regain health if you consume a berry while also gaining the berry's effects), that and Pickup are the abilities that Bunnelby has (same with Dedenne as well) so I'm assuming it'll be the case here as well. It's just that the one shown had Pickup. I find it odd its defenses and Speed appear to be higher than its offenses. Most Rattata clones usually have higher Attack and/or Speed.

I don't think it'll be around Snorlax level in terms of size though.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    okay i was wrong about treblade however before that i said it would get a shield and have an attack and defense stance and you can check my posts for proof at first i didn't like it until then but now I can live with it
    edit: found the post and these where my exact words from sep 25th 9:27 <yeah it could be maybe its the beginnings of a third sheath or shield? and if it is a shield they could implement stances similar to forms with an offensive where the two swords are out front and a defensive one with the shield at the front? i think that could be pretty cool> now i was wrong about the number of swords but i did call the stances :D

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
    I can live with anything except some more Ice,grass and fairy pokemon. YEAH, it is a new game and im well aware they are marketing it towards kids but are you serious 30% of the pokedex is fairy-typed....like 20% ice and 10% grass...its getting annoying. Like DPPt only had 5-6 fire pokemon....damn it gamefreak is doing good yet destoying it with over-marketing.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I can live with anything except some more Ice,grass and fairy pokemon. YEAH, it is a new game and im well aware they are marketing it towards kids but are you serious 30% of the pokedex is fairy-typed....like 20% ice and 10% grass...its getting annoying. Like DPPt only had 5-6 fire pokemon....damn it gamefreak is doing good yet destoying it with over-marketing.

I remember the Kalos region map, there are at least two places that were covered with snow. I'm guessing there should be more Ice type than that.

As for the Fairies, I guess it's not because of the kids. it's more like Fairies are common mythical beings creature in European folklore.

Years
    I remember the Kalos region map, there are at least two places that were covered with snow. I'm guessing there should be more Ice type than that.

You know, given all the Ice-types present in the mountain region of Kalos, I'm wondering if that's where the Ice Rock will be located in this game. You know, the rock that you level up near to evolve Eevee into Glaceon. Now if the Ice Rock will be in the mountain area, I'm wondering where they'll have the Moss Rock that's needed to evolve Eevee into Leafeon?

As for the Fairies, I guess it's not because of the kids. it's more like Fairies are common mythical beings creature in European folklore.

I have to say you really are going somewhere here, Kalos is based on parts of Europe, especially France. Maybe that's why they intended to introduce Fairy-types in this game based on the fact that fairies are common in a lot of European folklore. And then again, all the new Fairy-types we've seen so far have a lot of different looks, we all thought they were going to be either pink or cute, but it turns out we have been getting loads of diversity with their designs, heck we've got them ranging from a rock with gems, a set of keys, a little fairy that holds a big flower, a perfume bird, a cotton candy that becomes a meringue/cupcake, and even one of the mascot legends as well as an Eeveelution!

I even remember when Flabebe was first revealed, and I was assuming it'd be another novelty Pokemon based on the description it would have different-colored flowers. But the rug was pulled out from under me when the leaks showed us it appeared to be part of an evolution line. And by the final evolution, the flower it was carrying has apparently become part of its body, instantly reminding me of how Wormadam adapts the cloak she had as a Burmy into a part of her body and gains that second type based on the cloak she has.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    You know, given all the Ice-types present in the mountain region of Kalos, I'm wondering if that's where the Ice Rock will be located in this game. You know, the rock that you level up near to evolve Eevee into Glaceon. Now if the Ice Rock will be in the mountain area, I'm wondering where they'll have the Moss Rock that's needed to evolve Eevee into Leafeon?

I have to say you really are going somewhere here, Kalos is based on parts of Europe, especially France. Maybe that's why they intended to introduce Fairy-types in this game based on the fact that fairies are common in a lot of European folklore. And then again, all the new Fairy-types we've seen so far have a lot of different looks, we all thought they were going to be either pink or cute, but it turns out we have been getting loads of diversity with their designs, heck we've got them ranging from a rock with gems, a set of keys, a little fairy that holds a big flower, a perfume bird, a cotton candy that becomes a meringue/cupcake, and even one of the mascot legends as well as an Eeveelution!

I even remember when Flabebe was first revealed, and I was assuming it'd be another novelty Pokemon based on the description it would have different-colored flowers. But the rug was pulled out from under me when the leaks showed us it appeared to be part of an evolution line.

It's a little surprising that none of the leakers said anything about Moss Rock and Icy Rock in XY. {D:}
    Here's my pure speculation guys!
    [SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

Yes you are right about that! When they announced Fairy types. I think of tinkerbell, petite Pokemon, weak looking Pokemon and frail battlers. I was like eww Fairy Types!?
    But wow, Game Freak just completely changed my views on Fairies, in a good way! :P

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years

I even remember when Flabebe was first revealed, and I was assuming it'd be another novelty Pokemon based on the description it would have different-colored flowers. But the rug was pulled out from under me when the leaks showed us it appeared to be part of an evolution line. And by the final evolution, the flower it was carrying has apparently become part of its body, instantly reminding me of how Wormadam adapts the cloak she had as a Burmy into a part of her body and gains that second type based on the cloak she has.

See, i don't mean i hate the type, heck i can even say it is in my top 3.
    And i know they meant to introduce it because of erupean folklore, i just said there is too much of that type.
    Every 3rd pokemon is either Fairy type or has the typing as secondary or main. And Ice...i dont hate
    it, i just think that in 4th gen they were out of original ideas i mean 5th gen had a snowflake, and an
    ice-cream cone!!! And they made mega-abomasnow because they ran out of ideas...

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    See, i don't mean i hate the type, heck i can even say it is in my top 3.
    And i know they meant to introduce it because of erupean folklore, i just said there is too much of that type.
    Every 3rd pokemon is either Fairy type or has the typing as secondary or main. And Ice...i dont hate
    it, i just think that in 4th gen they were out of original ideas i mean 5th gen had a snowflake, and an
    ice-cream cone!!! And they made mega-abomasnow because they ran out of ideas...

In Top 3 hitlist huh? {XD} Just joking!

They could actually create Snowy Owl, Arctic Foxes, winter fairies, ice-typed penguin, Snowshoe Hare based Pokemon. :D

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
    In Top 3 hitlist huh? {XD} Just joking!

They could actually create Snowy Owl, Arctic Foxes, winter fairies, ice-typed penguin, Snowshoe Hare based Pokemon. :D

Or on the other hand, Fairy/Dragon OR Fairy/Rock OR Dragon/rock that is based on a basilisk!
    Because these are mythical creatures who are dragons that turns people to stone like Medusa but a lizard! Dragon/Rock or maybe Dragon/Psychic if you think about it.... :)
    And for fairies a Fairy/Fighting could be nice....i can imagine like a jacked-up flabebe with a shrpened flower LOL....

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Or on the other hand, Fairy/Dragon OR Fairy/Rock OR Dragon/rock that is based on a basilisk!
    Because these are mythical creatures who are dragons that turns people to stone like Medusa but a lizard! Dragon/Rock or maybe Dragon/Psychic if you think about it.... :)
    And for fairies a Fairy/Fighting could be nice....i can imagine like a jacked-up flabebe with a shrpened flower LOL....

This is interesting, we need some Gen VI legends just like these! ^^
    There's a rumor about Flabébé for being part of 3 stages family, we'll see about that. ;)

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Seems like I went to sleep too early last night, look at all those new mons. I'm going to give my overall thoughts on all of them.

Skrelps Evo- Looks actually very good, I like how the kept the alge theme going. Still going with the shrimp with the Giant Arm Cannon though.

Avalugg- A that's so clever to cut the top half of it, icebergs have most of its mass on the bottom and that weight Jesus!

Slugdra- I don't know if you guys watch anime but it reminds me of the six tails in naruto but cuter. I'm really glad it had an evo. I would like to know the other ability of this pokemon.

Gorgeist- Not what I expected. Still I do like they gave it a feminine look while Trevenant is more masculine.

Florges- I'm ok with this design, not my favorite but is ok.

Aegistslash- My favorite reveal. This is a reeeaally good design by Sugimori and Ill be putting him on my team for sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back