• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I wish they just introduced more Ground types. All we have is Diggersby and the legendary. The legendary is post-game, right? And Diggersby is just ugly to me, but looks like I'll pick one up...

Yeah I feel weird the only non-Legendary Ground-type this generation is the evolution of the resident Rattata clone. But still, it's funny we've only got one new Poison-type line (Skrelp line) and one new Bug-type line (Scatterbug line). Yeah there seems to be a huge lack of certain types if you're looking at just the new Kalos Pokemon alone.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    This might be to early for some of you guys but design wise what are your top 5 pokemon of this gen?

My Top 5 are:

5. Clawitizer: Blue is my favorite color and I've always like crustacean pokemon, add a HUGE arm cannon and you win me over.

4. Xerneas: One of the reason I'm getting Pokemon X is this guy, the design is just so original and beautiful.

3. Slugdra: Is ok if is not Dragon/Poison we got Dragalge for that. I really like the design, is not really your average Pseudo legend. I'm very interested to see how this pokemon performs competively.

2. Tyrantrum: It's a T-Rex no more to say.

1. Aegislash: Without a doubt my favorite. The whole design of sword and shield and the difference when it changes stance really baffled me. I can't wait to put this pokemon on my team.

Honorable mentions

Greninja: Can't forget my ninja frog can't we.

Trevenant: Im a really big fan of Ghost pokemon and Trevenant is a great design.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
  • If I know Hinduism correctly then ''Shiva'' is Man with long hair & A snake wrap around his neck .
    ''Brahma'' is a old man with 3 face's .
    And ''Vishnu'' is a Young Man who usually say on a clamp .
    However ,
    Xerneas , Yveltal and Zygarde look nothing like it .
    Xerneas is a Deer , Yveltal is a giant Bird & Zygarde is some sort of Big Worm .
    As For ''Life & Death'' Theory , a lot of religion has then story

I am very aware of that, this again was pure speculation that was cool and matched up. What he was looking at was the names "Life, Destruction, and Order" and how they fit with Brahma, Shiva, and Vishnu.

(And look at Final Fantasy, Shiva has never once assumed his correct form.)

Skrelp's decision to go from poison/water to poison/dragon makes me happy in the sense that he can officially be called Horsea's cousin...but now I have no water type on my team. CURSESSS!

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
    Years
  • So the snail and peacock that were supposedly "leaked" on Instagram have been proven to be fake, correct?
    If I'm not mistaken, the PokéDex in Diamond/Pearl was odd in that the evolutions for previous gen Pokémon came after the game mascots. Does that perhaps mean there's a possibility we'll receive the same previous gen evolutions this generation, just after the legendaries? Having strictly Sylveon as Gen 6's only previous gen evolution just seems odd to me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I liked Greninja when he seem to have Spiky knee .
    But in Later pic , It turn out Greninja doesn't have a Spiky knee .
    I was Disappointed !!1

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    As I skim through this thread I see people getting sore over the lack of new pokemon. I wonder where all these people have been? This is the way even numbered generations always go.
    Odd numbered generation games get a crap ton of new pokemon. Look at the first game( obviously) hoenn, and unova. They were filled with new pokemon.
    Now look at the even numbered generations. Gen 2 had a new type, new eeveelutions, and new evolutions for already established pokemon. Gen 4 had new ways of evolving pokemon like through knowing a certain move or being in a certain location. Also it had tons of new evolutions for already established pokemon. Now gen 6 has a new type, new eeveelution, and new methods for "evolving"( mega evolution)

So in other words, what we are seeing with this gen is nothing new but a well established trend.
    Thank you and sorry I just had to vent that after a long time of not being around.

Even though even numbered gens are known for having low numbers of new pokemon I think people are still justified in their disappointed for a few reasons...

1. 70 is still a fair deal smaller than 100. Even going into this gen with the lowest of expectations for the number of new pokemon, it's likely a lot of people would still feel let down. Let's not even mention those who thought we'd get 130-150 new pokemon. Personally I would have been satisfied with 100. (maybe 90 at a stretch)

2. Game freak officially revealed over 40 new pokemon, over half the number of new pokemon. The last time we had a number like that was Hoenn, which resulted in about 130. It's hardly that surprising that people started to think we'd get a satisfying number of new pokemon.

3. Not really a main reason but well established trends have already been tossed aside this gen so that's not a great argument.

I know I'll still enjoy the games immensely and I'm super excited. That doesn't mean I don't think the number of new pokemon is a little underwhelming though. It's a shame to me because everything else about the games seems completely on the money. Another 20-30 pokemon and it would have been perfect.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    I am very aware of that, this again was pure speculation that was cool and matched up. What he was looking at was the names "Life, Destruction, and Order" and how they fit with Brahma, Shiva, and Vishnu.

(And look at Final Fantasy, Shiva has never once assumed his correct form.)

Skrelp's decision to go from poison/water to poison/dragon makes me happy in the sense that he can officially be called Horsea's cousin...but now I have no water type on my team. CURSESSS!

Same!!! I really wanted that water STAB...

Years
  • I'm still waiting for Deddenes evo...

And have we seen a tm list yet?

Dedenne doesn't evolve sadly, like all the other Pikaclones of the last few generations.

And no I haven't seen a TM list yet, but they will be expanding it past 95 this generation because someone leaked a Fairy-type TM called Dazzling Gleam (special-based attack, 10 PP, 100% accuracy, 80 Base Power) which is numbered TM99.

Same!!! I really wanted that water STAB...

Whoa wasn't expecting Skrelp to exchange its Water-type for Dragon when it evolves but hey at least we get a new type combination of Poison/Dragon. It is sorta fitting given it's based on the Weedy Sea Dragon. Also, someone mentioned earlier that it gets Poison Point for an ability. Oh, and Dragalge's type combination of Poison/Dragon means we have another Dragon that isn't weak to Fairy-types!

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    This might be to early for some of you guys but design wise what are your top 5 pokemon of this gen?

My Top 5 are:

5. Clawitizer: Blue is my favorite color and I've always like crustacean pokemon, add a HUGE arm cannon and you win me over.

4. Xerneas: One of the reason I'm getting Pokemon X is this guy, the design is just so original and beautiful.

3. Slugdra: Is ok if is not Dragon/Poison we got Dragalge for that. I really like the design, is not really your average Pseudo legend. I'm very interested to see how this pokemon performs competively.

2. Tyrantrum: It's a T-Rex no more to say.

1. Aegislash: Without a doubt my favorite. The whole design of sword and shield and the difference when it changes stance really baffled me. I can't wait to put this pokemon on my team.

Honorable mentions

Greninja: Can't forget my ninja frog can't we.

Trevenant: Im a really big fan of Ghost pokemon and Trevenant is a great design.
    I cant remember all the pokemon and designs but heres my list from what i can remember

5. Aegislash i like its design but i would of preferred it to keep both swords but i like the stance change its not how i imagined it being implemented when i predicted it but its still awesome.

4. Chesnaught i really like his design minus the thing on his head especially from what i have seen in battle.

3. i like pumbkaboo especially its description and the the fact it seems to have 2 sizes intrigues me

2. Tyrantrum again as you said its a T REX.

1. Pangoro i cant explain precisely why i picked him first but something about him and pancham i just LOVE them

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I got news that will make a lot of you happy. Dragalge is Poison/Dragon

Spoiler:

Glad I took Y. I would check how Charizard X will be in battle compared to Y if I should trade for it.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    So the snail and peacock that were supposedly "leaked" on Instagram have been proven to be fake, correct?
    If I'm not mistaken, the PokéDex in Diamond/Pearl was odd in that the evolutions for previous gen Pokémon came after the game mascots. Does that perhaps mean there's a possibility we'll receive the same previous gen evolutions this generation, just after the legendaries? Having strictly Sylveon as Gen 6's only previous gen evolution just seems odd to me.

I guess you are referring to the purple(?) poison type snail right? It was proven fake.
    I have not heard of the peacock, there's a fake penguin tho!

I'm still waiting for Deddenes evo...

And have we seen a tm list yet?

Dedenne is confirmed to be like Pachirisu and Emolga -- No evolutions! So Pikachu's spotlight won't be taken away!

Oh is the Pichu family in Kalos Dex? I did not notice them... {D:}

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Considering Pumbkaboo is based on Jack-O-Lantern , I wanted that type of Pokemon to look like this-

[SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

I have no problem with Pumbkaboo but I have problem with imagining its evolution Gourgeist floating it the Air .

Years
  • Dedenne is confirmed to be like Pachirisu and Emolga -- No evolutions! So Pikachu's spotlight won't be taken away!

This is an example that any Pikaclone that is not the Pikachu family itself will always never evolve. Remember that every time you see a new generation's Pikaclone.

And yes Pichu, Pikachu and Raichu will be in the game because hey Pikachu appeared in several trailers and has its anime voice as its new cry.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    I hope they give Dragalge a good Electric move, Steel types are gonna be hell if he doesn't. I would prefer an Electric type move over a Fire type move since Heatran is not going anywhere any time soon.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • I guess you are referring to the purple(?) poison type snail right? It was proven fake.
    I have not heard of the peacock, there's a fake penguin tho!

Dedenne is confirmed to be like Pachirisu and Emolga -- No evolutions! So Pikachu's spotlight won't be taken away!

I saw Pikachu at PAX in the demo so probably the whole family does apear in the dex. Maybe in the Central because it's a mouse??
    Also Skitty and Delcatty were in the demo and Skitty was asian....

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
  • I know I'll still enjoy the games immensely and I'm super excited. That doesn't mean I don't think the number of new pokemon is a little underwhelming though. It's a shame to me because everything else about the games seems completely on the money. Another 20-30 pokemon and it would have been perfect.

Pretty much how I feel about this!
    I few more wouldn certainly have been nice but I don't think it will bother my gameplay whatsoever. + I really like almost all of the new Pokémon so far!

People have often complained in the past about too many legendaries - I'm rather glad there are only a few this time! It makes them more special. Although I did hope for a trio of sorts.. I usually like the trios. 3:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back