• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Special Pokémon Announcement

Years
  • Alright the Special Pokemon announcement was a contest... how phenomenally underwhelming. Anyway, for each code you input you unlock a digital Pokemon on the page, the more you unlock the more chances you have to win. There will be 50 Prizes each week from the looks of it with one being a brand new 3DS XL.

The code to get started is XY1012. And it's only for US participants - so Brits like me are majestically underwhlemed here. Another interesting fact is that this is the first time official sources have used the 'Gotta Catch 'Em All' phrase for a VERY long time - it was my understanding that they scrapped that part of the slogan a while ago. Interestingly enough, to back this up, the official Twitter feed of Pokémon says that they are "bringing 'Gotta Catch 'Em All' back!"
    mloUV.jpg

Links
    Link to Gotta Catch 'Em All Website
    Link to YouTube Music Video with Code
    wwxKyqK.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • Nintendo's obviously going to market towards their biggest potential source of revenue, so this shouldn't come as a such a shock. Personally, I don't think it's a big deal. Now if the announcement were something big, like say bonus content only available in the U.S., or an exclusive Wi-fi download, then I'd understand the frustration. That's just outright unfair.

And what an underwhelming start to the week, haha. Here I was thinking we'd at least get something useful or worthwhile. I think most people by now have a 3DS or an XL.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I was correct that it was about the site. I doubt I am even going to both doing it, being in the USA and all. Just seems like a waste of time.

I am a bit confused why it is only USA only. I mean Japan is what started it all and is by far more popular in Japan than in the USA. Also, the dang X and Y games are based in a European country, France.

As I said, I doubt I will even try, I usually ain't lucky enough to win contests.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well this was anti climactic.. I expected something a little more interesting than a website reveal that offers prizes exclusively to the US only.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I can't believe they have volumes of the manga as prizes...they're my favorite prizes thus far :D

However it is sad that people outside of the U.S. don't get to participate in this for the 3DS, and other physical goodies (btw a foreigner can still get the digital downloads!)...it's bad enough one doesn't get things from Japan in their country...it's worse that they don't either Japan or US only stuff...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind the Manga as well, but my Hastings store I have here has some of them for cheap, but not the rarer ones. I am still wondering how they expect us to find them. I never took part in these contests. I always got the code from Serebi, but doesn't look like this will work like that.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • When I heard that song when it leaked, I thought it sounded like something Pogo would make! I'm so excited to hear a Pokemon track from him!!!!!!

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    I wouldn't mind the Manga as well, but my Hastings store I have here has some of them for cheap, but not the rarer ones. I am still wondering how they expect us to find them. I never took part in these contests. I always got the code from Serebi, but doesn't look like this will work like that.

Most of the codes have already been founded, even the ones without hints.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind the Manga as well, but my Hastings store I have here has some of them for cheap, but not the rarer ones. I am still wondering how they expect us to find them. I never took part in these contests. I always got the code from Serebi, but doesn't look like this will work like that.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I've entered most of the codes already, even if I'm from outside of the US. If I somehow win something like a download code I'll do a giveaway for it... Though if I won a plushie I WILL find a way to get it to England!

Years
  • Just a heads up, you're only allowed 24 entries total, so if you use the free code you wont be able to unlock everything.

ImBlue

dabbadeedabadai
    Years
  • Used the free code and missed out on Xerneas :/ Oh well, I'm happy with my TCG codes!

Years
  • This game is so freaking amazing !!!!! I hope they will add more Pokeballs. I am still confused about how you can find a code but I found them all on Twitter so, I unlocked everything (well, I still need 2 but I can't put in another code for today). Are they going to send us those Pokemon we unlocked or no? lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Well missing 2 pokeballs and entered the code said already used when it was pokemons I didn't unlocked. Talonflame, Litleo and Swirlix.

Back