• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Special Pokémon Announcement

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Special Pokémon Announcement

God dammit I didn't even expect much and I'm STILL disappointed. Why even hype this up?

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Anyone found the codes from the hints ?

Spoiler:

This is all so far I think. I'm actually satisfied a little because I got two booster pack codes for the Online trading card game.
    Also you need to wait 24 hours if a code says it's already been used.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Honestly I don't see why so many people are upset over this. They wouldn't announced a new game in the middle of the hype of XY. That's not good business etiquette. Plus it wasn't even announced on the official Japanese site (from what I'm hearing) so I wasn't expecting anything super major if it wasn't a worldwide announcement. No not a big announcement, but hey you can win free Pokemon stuff so what's so wrong with that? I do feel bad for people not in the US though. I feel bad they can't participate with me.

I'm personally getting as many codes as I can find. Seriously people have fun with this!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Heh. I'm not sure what I was expecting from this announcement, but I still feel pretty underwhelmed and disappointed. I already entered the free code, but I haven't bothered to take the time to search for any of the others. Since a lot of people are finding them and making them public online though, I might just put them in. Never know if I might actually win something!

Oh, and since this turned out to be rather irrelevant to Pokémon X and Y, I'm just going to bump this thread on over to Pokémon General instead.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Entered all the codes and got a few wallpapers and a phone alert. I haven't downloaded any yet though.

And most people are upset because they aren't suppose to do it and it was only for the US. There is probably going to be someone to make 50 freakin accounts and put all the codes in and win prizes galore. This is the main reason I usually don't do these composition things.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It isn't letting me download the wallpapers or anything that I won with the codes. Says server can not find file or something like that.

However it is letting me download the other things I won. Though I can't play them on my computer....

Let me rephrase that..... I can't download anything because it says server can't find the file...

Last edited:

danks_

NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!
    Years
  • It isn't letting me download the wallpapers or anything that I won with the codes. Says server can not find file or something like that.

However it is letting me download the other things I won. Though I can't play them on my computer....

Let me rephrase that..... I can't download anything because it says server can't find the file...

Server seems to be having issues, some people are not getting the TCG codes either so... If you want to download, just use the download links I left above your post.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • Just unlocked every code, thanks to Pokebeach.com. I won some wallpaper, ringtones, digital manga, and two booster packs.

I'm wondering though, are these prizes random per account, or do we all get the same prizes with these codes? I assume it's random, since I believe they said you can win a 3DS and whatnot. (Edit: Nevermind, it's all the same according to a few people, just different TCG codes. The bigger prizes are only obtained from a weekly draw)

Last edited:

Name

Moémon Master
    Years
  • digital prizes are all the same, your entry to win the physical prizes is....
    oh i dunno

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I'm getting like 10 errors from the know codes. This Code does not exist, but it's from the list most people are using.

What is wrong?

Years
  • Don't know what I really expected out of all of this, but I can't help but feel a tad disappointed. I don't know why exactly, but I had the feeling that the new Gotta Catch 'Em All website was going to be a less in-depth, official Bulbapedia-like site, not just a contest (that's only available to Americans anyway). Oh well, at least people are getting some cool things like free TCGO booster packs and whatnot out of it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I used the code above, but it seems like they are all the same prizes.

Now.... when or how will they reveal winners of every prize for the entries?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I was about to predict something really overwhelming from the big announcement, since the last time I predicted underwhelming, they announced X and Y. But then I discovered it was already announced, and I was wrong, again. Sad.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • I used the code above, but it seems like they are all the same prizes.

Now.... when or how will they reveal winners of every prize for the entries?

September 23rd, September 30th, October 7th, and October 14th are the four dates where they will announce fifty winners each. You should receive an email if you do win.

I'm not too excited for this, probably because I was sort of expecting something else, but I'll be more than happy to accept a free prize if I win anything.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • I think Pokemon Co is changing some of the codes. The codes I put in only half of them work so beware for people that just found this out

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think it's a fun idea! They're doing something different. Sadly, I'm nowhere near America and thus can't participate at all. Then again, I doubt I'd be overly excited about those prices anyways.

I won some wallpaper, ringtones, digital manga, and two booster packs.
    What manga did you get?

tnfsf11

I had really high hopes that maybe the website will be a free worlwide streaming source for Pokémon episodes & have a full archive...

From the YouTube comments of the video I got all the codes & unlocked all the Pokémon except Xerneas, I guess that's because of the 24 entries per week limit. :/

As someone outside the USA I was disappointed about the prizes being exclusive to USA residents, but considering that I'm in the Middle East & game companies don't give a **** about us anymore I'm kinda okay with this, I'm grateful I even got to have digital downloads of the manga. :)

BTW, does anybody know a place where I can get all the available manga PDFs so far besides by entering codes? I want to have a complete collection. too greedy -_-

Last edited:
    Years
  • I was expecting something awesome from this, but given the Japanese weren't involved I had a feeling it was going to be something that most people wouldn't even bother with and I was damn right. Given this is a US-only event and I'm not from the US I'll just have to sit this out, but nice to see new DW art for the 6th Gen Pokemon we've seen so far, they look great.

And love that new music by Pogo, and the return of the Gotta Catch 'Em All! slogan was something unexpected. Well at least the Americans have something to keep them busy until X and Y come out.

Back