• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 927 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
Awesome Skarmory and if it's too much work i reckon don't bother with shinies, i mean keep the battle but don't worry about obtaining them. Really they are the exact same as the normal just a different colour.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Na it's all good. I'll be working on a limited shiny system. Scan a shiny = make one of your kanto starters a shiny. (feature won't make it in v0.6)

speaking of v0.6- It's now all but complete. Just need to polish up the underground labs, and ill be done. Plus ill need to do a full test run.to make sure it's playable from start to finish. Sadly I have 3 uni stuff due in the weekends;

So v0.6 will be out NEXT WEEK. Wednesday or Thursday. I plan to go on radio silence until next week, so I don't get distracted(but ill probably break this tommorow :|)

Lockmaster24

Years
That is awesome new, I can't wait to play through once more with more features that people come up with randomly. Cause thats what we all do, we go what would be cool, oh thats awesome *tells DarkDoom*

But the thing i'm most looking forward to is my quiz

DrZues

Eevee trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2011
I like were mew-nani's going, I had in mind that you can choose one shiny kanto starter from oak after you complete the shinydex (this way it's possible to get all three kanto starters), but as long as we can get that ONE shiny somehow, I really don't mind how you get it or what it is. On a brighter side: REALLY ONLY A LITTLE OVER A WEEK ALREADY CAN'T WAIT!!! [It makes a great early b-day present too 'cause my b-day's the 27th!!!]
EDIT: Also love your choice in corrupts, and I like how kingler's claws remind me of the rubber-band they'd on the lobster hands in the super market.

Littlered

The Red One
Years
This is a reply for you DarkDoom when you mentioned a good backup program. With my game, me and one other person share files with a program called TortoiseSVN. My partner had set it up for me so unfortunatly I cant tell you how you get it to work, but I can tell you no matter what you do, if you submit your work to your partner, your partner will always have what you need or you may have what your partner needs. The key is reliability of your partner. I think the best idea for you it to look more into the program and find someone you work with the most on your project to be part of your SVN group (BCKC)

DarkDoom3000

Years
That is awesome new, I can't wait to play through once more with more features that people come up with randomly. Cause that's what we all do, we go what would be cool, oh that's awesome *tells DarkDoom*

But the thing i'm most looking forward to is my quiz
*runs to check if i've programmed it in*- yep it's there. (there's only 3 total right now, I haven't been doing much in it due to school)

I like were mew-nani's going, I had in mind that you can choose one shiny kanto starter from oak after you complete the shinydex (this way it's possible to get all three kanto starters), but as long as we can get that ONE shiny somehow, I really don't mind how you get it or what it is. On a brighter side: REALLY ONLY A LITTLE OVER A WEEK ALREADY CAN'T WAIT!!! [It makes a great early b-day present too 'cause my b-day's the 27th!!!]
EDIT: Also love your choice in corrupts, and I like how kingler's claws remind me of the rubber-band they'd on the lobster hands in the super market.
All three kanto starters will still be possible, All three can be obtained from the academy master at different stages of the game. Currently only 2 can be obtained, but ill probably add a second challenge battle around v1.0

I thought it would be neater to be able to change one of your existing, fully evolved pokemon into a shiny. that way you wouldn't have to get a lv5 shiny in your team of lv40 pokemon. If you already have a charizard, you can turn him into a black charizard. (and back?) assuming you were alert enough to scan the shiny (defeating it will give you a nugget and nothing more)

This is a reply for you DarkDoom when you mentioned a good backup program. With my game, me and one other person share files with a program called TortoiseSVN. My partner had set it up for me so unfortunatly I cant tell you how you get it to work, but I can tell you no matter what you do, if you submit your work to your partner, your partner will always have what you need or you may have what your partner needs. The key is reliability of your partner. I think the best idea for you it to look more into the program and find someone you work with the most on your project to be part of your SVN group (BCKC)

Seems like a good sharing program. I'm now using a combination of mirror.exe and dropbox.

mirror.exe is a simple program that copies/syncs a folder to another location. previously I used to have my normal SPEE folder, and a backup one. every time I ran the program, any changed files would sync up with the backup folder.
This would mean if something happened to my SPEE folder, the backup would still be alive, but if something happened to my hard drive/computer then I'd be screwed, so every week or so I used to backup on my USB instead.

Now, my backup folder lies in my dropbox folder. It functions exactly like before, but all the contents of the dropbox folder automaically get uploaded to my dropbox account.

So.. modify the game -> run mirror.exe -> updates backup in dropbox folder -> dropbox folder syncs with internet.
so along as the internet is still alive, my backup should be too.

---

Wednesday/Thursday release date is on schedule.

Sat/Sun - Philosophy Essay
Monday - Bug Testing
Tuesday - Bug Fixing/Polish
Wednesday - Release

But there's a chance I may encounter a big bug, I might take me all of Tuesday and Wednesday to fix it up, which is why it might get delayed to Thursday.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
How about... if you scan enough shinies, you can change one of your own into one. It has to be fully evolved, and can only be from a select few (maybe the starters from each gen or something) so it lightens the amount of shinies i would have to make
:shocked: OH MY GOD. THAT'S THE BEST IDEA EVER. (Note to self: SCAN EVERY SHINY YOU SEE.:D)

Ok, so you can't run into a shiny version of a summoned Pokemon. But as for the shiny Pokemon you'll get to fight... who are they? :\ (Will Ninetails be in there? I just LUV it's shiny sprite. :))

I can't wait for next Wednesday! :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
A minor thing I've noticed - Squirtles (at least the wild ones, didn't check the one you can get) seem to be immune to ghost type moves.

Also, did you change the levels pokemon evolve at? I'm asking since I have a lvl 30 Diglett (which evolves at lvl 26 in the Gameboy games).

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
Next Wednesday, eh? I'm almost done, too. Expect my release 1-2 days after DarkDooms (gotta transfer files over to the new version). I have a question, though. How do you change the file named "intro?" I've tried to do it manually, but that didn't work at all...
Anyway, the alpha of the graphics edit is going to go up to the first gym. Everything after that is either partially done (I update by batches), or completely unfinished (lulrestacave). I might also change around the look of caves' insides.

DarkDoom3000

Years

:shocked: OH MY GOD. THAT'S THE BEST IDEA EVER. (Note to self: SCAN EVERY SHINY YOU SEE.:D)

Ok, so you can't run into a shiny version of a summoned Pokemon. But as for the shiny Pokemon you'll get to fight... who are they? :\ (Will Ninetails be in there? I just LUV it's shiny sprite. :))

I can't wait for next Wednesday! :)

The wild shinies will consist of pokemon you can't capture. so rattata, spearow, gloom, etc.

As for obtainable shinies, you'll be able to turn your kanto starters into shinies come v0.7 I'll be adding more in each version. Eventually, all obtainable (fully evolved) pokemon would be able to turn shiny. (which includes ninetails)

A minor thing I've noticed - Squirtles (at least the wild ones, didn't check the one you can get) seem to be immune to ghost type moves.

Also, did you change the levels pokemon evolve at? I'm asking since I have a lvl 30 Diglett (which evolves at lvl 26 in the Gameboy games).
1- yep, you're right, wild squirtles are indeed immule to ghost. Fixed*
2- Another glitch. I accidenly reversed the effect of the everstone for diglett. you can get everstone from the aide in the pokemon center (doesnt matter which location, all pokecenters are exactly the same inside)
Equip the everstone on diglett, then enter a battle. It'll want to evolve after the battle (assuming it's Lv26+)

Next Wednesday, eh? I'm almost done, too. Expect my release 1-2 days after DarkDooms (gotta transfer files over to the new version). I have a question, though. How do you change the file named "intro?" I've tried to do it manually, but that didn't work at all...
Anyway, the alpha of the graphics edit is going to go up to the first gym. Everything after that is either partially done (I update by batches), or completely unfinished (lulrestacave). I might also change around the look of caves' insides.

The intro thing cannot be changed using rpgmaker. I just left the picture i used for the intro in the title folder, changing or deleting the file won't actually change the splashscren. You have to hack the RPG_RT.exe file to modify the intro splash screen.

--
Music Update

All main battle themes are getting upgraded from midi to mp3. the mp3 versions sound so much better (especially jenova, huge improvement)
I originally only had the normal battle music as MP3. but now all the below are getting their mp3 versions (the version ive linked)
It shouldn't bumb the size too much

Normal Battle - Man with machine gun (ff8)
Corrupted Battle - Force your way(ff8)
Gym Battle - Force your way remix (dissida012)
Rockets Battle - Fight on!(ff7)
AI Battle - Jenova(ff7)
Rival Battle - The Extreme (ff8)
Rival Battle(full) - The Extreme (ff8)

????- Seymour Battle (ffX) (might use for legendary battles)
AI v2 - Jenova AC version(ff7 ac) Might use for the final AI battle, XDR.(end of act1)

Last edited:

Lockmaster24

Years
I don't care how many of my questions are in as long it is the one that no one will ever get *Evil Smirk* Oh awesome Idea!

Shiny Legendary Summons

Do with it what you wish.

Also scaning a shiny makes them sound like digimon.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
I haven't played a hack / alter game for a long time, and this looks pretty good, I played a couple of minutes and I loved it. I think am going add to my collection to play more often. Great job! ;D

Lockmaster24

Years
I haven't played a hack / alter game for a long time, and this looks pretty good, I played a couple of minutes and I loved it. I think am going add to my collection to play more often. Great job! ;D
Not a hack, it is a game made from scratch.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Gotta try this out sometime soon, possibly next weekend when you've uploaded version 0.6. I'm just too lazy to play games these days although they were really good (not interested).

P.S
The most epic battle music selection in a pokemon game I've seen here, that's for sure :D

Btw, Trance Kuja's theme from FF9 wouldn't be bad either.

DrZues

Eevee trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2011
Awesome I'm completely satisfied with shinnies now! Also I'm so eager for next version, hope it all goes well.

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
Not a hack, it is a game made from scratch.
Not made from scratch, RM2K3. Close enough :P
Anyway, 3 replies if you guys want screenshots? Dunno what to say. Feel like I've wasted a post.

EDIT: Oh yeah...
DarkDoom, after getting the D/N code and fixing it, can you possibly implement this code?
Then, you can possibly create specific pokemon for day and night or any event at all :O

Back