• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raging_Lugia

ProjectPokemon Member
Years
  • Btw for those who think the celebi has to be a special one it dosen't
    Just have a celebi with a Fateful encounter flag

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Is it just me, or does running away from battles make your Pokemon agitated?

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Ew, I don't really like Bugsy and Whitney's eyes, they look a little... scary. Lol :P. But other than that, they all look really nice. I can't wait to see the rest.

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Spoiler:

To whoever posted this: ILUMAN

MORTY! I'm so glad he ditched the yoga outfit and moved on to something sexy. ♥♥♥

I like Whitney's sprite better, for some reason. She's so adorable when she's jumping up~

OMG the 3YB event... do want. I love how Nintendo is finally using Pokemon's abilities outside battle more now...

Years
  • Ah, I have a question? I heard that you don't fight the Kimono Girls until way later, before the Elite 4. So how is surf obtained? I'm guessing there's a completely different way to get it now, so what is it?

Years
  • Ah, I have a question? I heard that you don't fight the Kimono Girls until way later, before the Elite 4. So how is surf obtained? I'm guessing there's a completely different way to get it now, so what is it?

You need to beat a rocket that's harassing a kimono girl in the theater and some NPC will be triggered and give you surf.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • A bit of connection between the anime and the games have been shared by one of the in-game trades involving Brock of Pewter City Gym. After defeating him he will ask about Sudowoodo and its pre-evolution, Bonsly. He will offer a trade with you for it and his offer is a Rhyhorn that knows Thunder Fang and has in posession the Passho Berry.

It's interesting he asks for Bonsly, as in the anime he used to have one but now it is currently a Sudowoodo that he has on him after it had evolved.

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
  • There seems to be quite a few connections with the game. I know, most people think that Red is still based on Yellow but I watched a video of one of the battles. Want to guess what two moves his Pikachu knows that Ash's knows? Volt Tackle and Iron Tail.

That and with the team now having a Lapras I am now seeing a whole bunch of anime hints at.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Also I think the thunder fang Rhyhorn is a tongue in cheek joke. The Rhydon was Blaine's and after getting aimed in the horn his teeth got all electrocuted and learned the move. Or something.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Yes, this game has definitely gotten a closer connection to the anime than before. It isn't a direct link between the two, but they share similar connections such as rosters, moves, and so forth. I think I like the idea though, it isn't a direct copy of the anime like in Yellow, but simply shows some references to it, such as the Bonsly case for instance.

Anyway, here is the Serebii link to further in-game trades: HGSS In-Game Trades
    By the way, might I add, I love the overhead shot of the SS Aqua.

Spoiler:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Yes, this game has definitely gotten a closer connection to the anime than before. It isn't a direct link between the two, but they share similar connections such as rosters, moves, and so forth. I think I like the idea though, it isn't a direct copy of the anime like in Yellow, but simply shows some references to it, such as the Bonsly case for instance.

Spoiler:
    Yup same here, the boat actually looks real - unlike most vehicle images in the old games.

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years

Spoiler:

Its....beautiful *sheds a single man tear* XP
    And it is interesting to see all these anime links, looks like they decided to bring that along from Yellow version along with the Pokemon following you idea.

Years
  • Its....beautiful *sheds a single man tear* XP
    And it is interesting to see all these anime links, looks like they decided to bring that along from Yellow version along with the Pokemon following you idea.
    i love that. a man tear. but it is beautiful... i can't wait to see it in person. :D
    and how does that waterfall scene with the lugia look? man, it is awesome, it's 3D and everyting. :D:D:D

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2013
    quick question afteri beat the 7th gym and went for radio tower why the team rocket dude stand in the stair and i can't go up?

Tyros

Professor Walnut: Shiny Expert
    Years
  • Could someone maybe confirm for me that the HG/SS Ditto comes at level 10? 'Cause I just got one that reads 'From a Faraway Place' that's level 10. If it's the right level, I just got a HG/SS Ditto from a Japanese game over the GTS. 8D

- Tyros

Years
  • Could someone maybe confirm for me that the HG/SS Ditto comes at level 10? 'Cause I just got one that reads 'From a Faraway Place' that's level 10. If it's the right level, I just got a HG/SS Ditto from a Japanese game over the GTS. 8D

- Tyros
    I'm not sure, it is possible.
    But it would more likely say Johto or something wouldn't it? But I wouldn't be one to confirm it. It could just be referring to the physical regional difference.

Tyros

Professor Walnut: Shiny Expert
    Years
  • I'm pretty positive I read from somewhere reliable that Pokemon traded from HG/SS to DPP get the tag 'From a Faraway Place.'

That's the main reason I'm asking.
    That, and it's level 10. That'd be impossible for DPP, unless it was hacked.

- Tyros

Years
  • Something important to discuss here:
    I recently did the Celebi event in the Ilex Forest.
    Without the special Celebi that people are talking about.
    I know it's silly, but I Pokesaved a Celebi that had the capture area of Johto, and then when I took it over to SS and went to the Forest it gave me the event. Dunno if it would work with others.
    Just thought that was a good point. ;)

EDIT: And Giovanni sucks... as a trainer... but not as an awesome NPC. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back