• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I'm worried over the thickness for a strategy guide for this game.
    That Platinum book was huge enough as is. Though the price of that Platty book was well worth the $20 forked for the fruit.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • For all those with the Japanese copy of HeartGold and SoulSilver, Japan has been holding the Enigma Crystal event since the 27th of November and it is coming to an end this Monday in Japan (the 11th of January). So for all those who imported and haven't received the Enigma Crystal event through Wi-Fi as yet, you may wish to do so soon.

For those of you who may or may not remember what the Enigma Crystal is used for, here is a quick reminder. The Enigma Crystal is a key item that is used in the game(s) to encounter Latios (HeartGold) and Latias (SoulSilver) outside of the Pewter City Museum. When you take this item to the Pewter City Museum and bring it to the Fossil Reviver he will tell you exactly what it is [the Soul Dew]. A story will play along with Steven coming in and telling you more about what it is and its relation it has to Latias and Latios. After, you may leave and this is when your encounter with one or the other depending on your version will appear.

Make sure you are ready for this as this will be your battle and chance to capture it. Information on when the US dates for this event will be held are unknown at the moment.

Joe-kun

GOOD GOOD SMILE!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    I believe it was in this thread that I read that the Yellow Forest Pikachu - Well, one of them anyway - Comes with Fly, Surf, Volt Tackle, and Flail. According to this: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Yellow_Forest_(PokéWalker_area)

Each move only comes on its own. So which is it? 1-with-4 or 4-with-1?

Well I sure hope that there will be a bonus for pre-orders... I'm still disappointed that I didn't get one for pre-ordering Pearl.

I'm also glad that the North American release won't have an increased price due to the Pokewalker.

You didn't get anything for Pearl? I thought Pearl pre-orders got a Palkia stylus? I know my friend pre-ordered both D&P and got Dialga and Palkia styluses and a small stand to display them.

Either way, we'll probably get what Japan got - Didn't HG get a Ho-Oh Figure, and SS a Lugia?

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I believe it was in this thread that I read that the Yellow Forest Pikachu - Well, one of them anyway - Comes with Fly, Surf, Volt Tackle, and Flail. According to this: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Yellow_Forest_(PokéWalker_area)

Each move only comes on its own. So which is it? 1-with-4 or 4-with-1?
    Correct, the Yellow Forest Pikachus with the special moves only comes with one per Pikachu. Meaning, if you encounter a Pikachu that knows Volt Tackle, then it won't know Fly, Surf, or Flail as any of its other moves, but instead regular moves such as Thundershock, Growl, etc. The same if it were any of the other three (Fly, Surf, or Flail). Therefore, if you want to gain all the moves with Pikachu, you will need to capture four of the Pikachus, each with one of the new specific moves.

Though a question like this would have best fitted in the HG/SS Help Thread as simple questions like these do belong in that specific sticky. You may want to go there next time if you have a question pertaining to HeartGold and SoulSilver. ;)

Either way, we'll probably get what Japan got - Didn't HG get a Ho-Oh Figure, and SS a Lugia?
    I believe it was said that the English copy will receive a pre-order bonus, if not then it's likely. In any matter, if one were to order HeartGold, then they would receive Ho-Oh just as if one were to order SoulSilver they will get Lugia as their figure. If things were done the same as they were in Japan, then one who pre-orders both version at the same time will earn not only a Ho-Oh and Lugia figurine, but also an Arceus figure as well.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • Well, apparently the games come out in Europe on the 26th March.
    I'm ever so glad we don't have to wait for ages after the American release.

One would think the preorder bonuses would apply in America and Europe just as they did with Japan. After all, we are getting the PokeWalker.

xX

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Last edited:

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Aw, that's kind of lame. I was actually considering preordering both so I could get the Arceus, but now I'm not sure if I should preorder just one or both :x

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I'm not sure if this has been released yet, but I've found out the release date of HG/SS for Australia/New Zealand. Credit for Serebii.net

Serebii.net said:
    Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver - Australian Release Confirmed
    Nintendo of Australia has just confirmed that Australia & New Zealand will be getting the games Pokémon HeartGold & Pokémon SoulSilver on the previously rumoured date; March 25th 2010. This date makes the Australian release just eleven days after the US release and one day prior to the European Date.

Discuss.

VCaliber

The Cutest (=
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2010
    Hm.. I'll wonder what they'll do to the game corner in HGSS in other countries like Australia...

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Ive played the rom its not complete cause it keeps freezing, but i wouldnt play the rom if i were you cause it ruins the hype, its really cool tho.

C0d3 br3ak3r

Pres. of Project Nightfall
    Years
  • It comes out March 14th. I know because i'm a Johto Psycho.
    EDIT: The Pokewalker IS coming with the US games, it has been confirmed because It says so on the US game boxes (I went to Gamestop today) They're giving out a special pokemon from January 30th to February 14 at Gamestops you put it on Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum and trade it to Hg-Ss and take it to the Ilex Shrine to get the Notch-Ear Pichu. YOU'RE WELCOME!!!

Last edited:

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    I just figured out the names for the characters on Serebii (no paricular link but it's on the homepage)

maxxpower

Goooooood
    Years
  • Hey guys do you think us North Americans and Europeans will also get the 10th anniversary Mew via Mystery Gift like the Japanese did?

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Hey guys do you think us North Americans and Europeans will also get the 10th anniversary Mew via Mystery Gift like the Japanese did?

I believe we will , as we also got the Pichu and we will get the Jirachi ! :3

It'd be cool ! Walk around with Mew and talk to people and say the same thing ... lol :) .

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I thought you guys might wanna see this. It appears best buy is now letting you pre-order from them too, and are able to get the figurine. They even show the box it comes in.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat202800050006
    Only strange thing is, there's a price for the figurine, but it says get it for free. :/
    EDIT:Its because if you pre-order one game, you get the corresponding figurine free. But you can also order the OTHER figurine for 5$ more. And it also seems you can buy the figurines themselves, and they are already released! I think I may buy the Ho-oh one soon.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back