• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Pokemon Trainer

Starting A New Leaf
    Years
    Spriters Showcase Thread

request for a friend in RL
    C@C will be appreciated

Years
    Those are really good, although the first one's mouth looks funny to me.
    ___________________________________________________________​

Spriters Showcase Thread

My first scratch ever. Rate please!​

It's very.. jagged? The body is supposed to be round, I'm assuming, but if you look closely, the circle is made oddly, almost like those weird ones the circle tool makes in MS Paint :\

Also, the tail/stinger has an odd point where the outline goes sideways for a pixel, which really throws it off, in my opinion.

Spriters Showcase Thread

See what I mean? the ones on the left are yours, and the ones on the right are examples of how I would change it. I know they aren't perfect, but you get the idea. XD

Also, the outline is very dark, and has little shading. I just see black and that really really dark yellow/brown on the legs. The outline on the body is just solid black.

@Professuonal Breeder: Don't save as jpeg. We can't tell the features clearly enough to give good criticism.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    ok so heres an update to my blue/green/what ever you wanna call her

Spriters Showcase Thread

i need to decide which color looks best for her, take note that the first is the original

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Spriters Showcase Thread

request for a friend in RL
    C@C will be appreciated
    Needs to not be saved in .jpg
    not bad the hand looks weird
    You should really be more specific with your comments in this section.
    It's very.. jagged? The body is supposed to be round, I'm assuming, but if you look closely, the circle is made oddly, almost like those weird ones the circle tool makes in MS Paint :\

Also, the tail/stinger has an odd point where the outline goes sideways for a pixel, which really throws it off, in my opinion.

Spriters Showcase Thread

See what I mean? the ones on the left are yours, and the ones on the right are examples of how I would change it. I know they aren't perfect, but you get the idea. XD

Also, the outline is very dark, and has little shading. I just see black and that really really dark yellow/brown on the legs. The outline on the body is just solid black.

@Professuonal Breeder: Don't save as jpeg. We can't tell the features clearly enough to give good criticism.
    all this plus to reduce the jagged look, you should utilise anti-aliasing on the body as you did on the legs and stinger.

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Here are some of my sprites:

Spriters Showcase Thread

ShayPalts

Spriters Showcase Thread

Mudchu

And..a pkmn mystery dungeon sprite fused with:
    Jirachi
    Manaphy
    Celebi
    Raikou

Spriters Showcase Thread

Please ask permission to use (All of them.)

Spriters Showcase Thread

Luxavoir!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2009
    Some nice ideas.. thats shiney i'm talking to..

But the first two look a little pixally?

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
    Years
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Here is a new sprite I've been working on. I using this for a fighting game. I obviously only have one frame out of many done though =P. I was hoping to get as much insight and C+C on him before I move on to do more. Since though I am asking for some C+C, I should at least give some also.

The ditto revamp isn't to bad. A problem I have with it though is you actually took away some of the shading. You also made it seem a little flat. The texture is off too, it doesn't look "Jello"y. I would maybe ad more shades and highlight. Give it more depth and extend the shading so it isn't just at the edges. Sorry if you didn't attend to get C+C.

That splice is not the best. I don't normally give ratings since most people can't ever agree on a scale. I see 5/10 as average, decent enough. I'd have to rate yours a 2/10. The face is really messed up. I don't even get what is going on. My guess is when you moved the head onto the body, all the white on it was transparent, so you can see right through it. The extra rock on the back doesn't quite make sense. I guess though it's a good way to cut down on the grass theme. The tail doesn't quite match the overall sprite, since it's fluffy versuse the rocky/scaley look the rest has. Sorry if you weren't looking for C+C, but I assumed if you wanted ratings, you are interested in how well you did, and I like to explain myself and reasoning to said rating.

darkmewham2

Cold's catch rate- 100%. D:
    Years
    Hack Graphics Showcase

Most of the Pokemon sprites are revamps of previous Pokemon, namely from Pokemon Pinball mugs, TCG mugs, splicing old sprites, and scratch. So you probably understand that I want credit AND permission if you use any of these sprites I spent time on.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Originally a card image for the Pokemon Trading Card Game for the GBC. This fellow has a lot of character.

Spriters Showcase Thread

This is an edited trainer to match one from Pokemon XD. The hair color isn't perfect, and there is supposed to be a gold Pokeball on his shirt. This trainer was a female Rocket from gold with a Jr trainer's shoes (did you know they use the same base?) and rich boy's hair to create this bossy trainer.

Spriters Showcase Thread

This sprite was nearly finished as it was as a Pinball mug. I had to do minor edits to the tail and toes. It was already in the right palette. (I don't like changing the palette...)

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    You need at least 4 examples for your own showcase thread.

merged

Also, sorry that I haven't judged the contest yet. I've been lazy and incredibly distracted lately. I'll start on them now.

oceanblack

PokeNoob :B
    Years
    OB's Spritely Gallerium <3

I dunno how often I will post here because I dont do Pixel Art often, but here is something I made recently, so... Enjoy ^^;

Last edited:

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
    I dunno how often I will post here because I dont do Pixel Art often, but here is something I made recently, so... Enjoy ^^;
    Looks good, but the shading is off on the wings. you took the first wing, and then flipped it, but you forgot to change the shading so that both wings have the same light source. fix that, and you will have a nice sprite. Shading is vital.

oceanblack

Years
    yeah, i wasnt sure what to do with the shading for the wing, but the original right wing of the sprite didnt look good on the mewtwo, so thats why i flipped it. like i said, i dont do a lot of pixel art, it was supposed to just be funny, hehe.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    You need at least 4 sprites to have your own thread. Also, it'd be best that in the future you show your sprites alone and don't put a watermark over them.

moved

oceanblack

Years
    You need at least 4 sprites to have your own thread. Also, it'd be best that in the future you show your sprites alone and don't put a watermark over them.

moved

Didnt catch that 4 minimum in the rules, so i apologize for that. However, I have had my work stolen too many times to ever take my watermark off, so people can either deal with it or I'm just going to stop posting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back