• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    well, you kinda ruined it ^^'
    Maybe try something besides a recolor :)

kk, I see what you mean, you think that the shading should be more straight, rite?

EDIT: the lighter color should be less used too?
    Let's make a fast sprite (give CC if you want, but it was fast and simple) to ensure what you said.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Here, I consider 4 shades of a color to be used on a body that doesn't have detail on it, but instead is plump. If that same sprite was thinner, it would have at least one less shade. It still matters on the material, though. I just mean that your lion didn't deserve 4 shades in such a small body. It's not lighter color, darker color, just limit the colors that you use. And use different colors for tainted concepts.

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Let's make a fast sprite (give CC if you want, but it was fast and simple) to ensure what you said.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Here, I consider 4 shades of a color to be used on a body that doesn't have detail on it, but instead is plump. If that same sprite was thinner, it would have at least one less shade. It still matters on the material, though. I just mean that your lion didn't deserve 4 shades in such a small body. It's not lighter color, darker color, just limit the colors that you use. And use different colors for tainted concepts.

:o
    That makes much more sense, thanks a lot ;)
    I made it have alot of colors cause when I finished it had 7 colours, which seemed really pathetic atm, I donno y :P

EDIT: tainted wabafet looks really tainted :o best I've seen since 1994 10/10

Atomic Reactor

I don't think it's your best, however I do think it looks really evil, and not very pokemon like :/

It's not suppose to be Pokémon like -_-

It looks really good chibi, although, I don't really think the purple is neccesary. The inside of the mouth i think would look better as that shade of red.
    That's just my opinion though :P
    It looks cool none the less, kinda reminds me of deep space :)
    Sorry I couldn't give you any ideas on anything that needs fixing :[

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    It's not suppose to be Pokémon like -_-

It looks really good chibi, although, I don't really think the purple is neccesary. The inside of the mouth i think would look better as that shade of red.
    That's just my opinion though :P
    It looks cool none the less, kinda reminds me of deep space :)
    Sorry I couldn't give you any ideas on anything that needs fixing :[

well, now that you mention it i can see it wasn't supposed to be a pokemon, well in that case you've done a great job trying to make it look like it'll eat you ;)

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Okay so like, I made a backsprite for Zoroark. Keep in mind that I am not a very good spriter..xD
    -
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Yes, I realize some parts are iffy. Hair = incorrect shading, but I can't seem to shade it correctly, and settled for this. The arm = couldn't get it looking right, so I just bent it under his body. His face is too small, I realize, but it looked okay until I made the arm, and then I just accepted the sprite as final :P
    Also, major credits goto SSJ4 Furatman. I used his sprite as a base for the pose.
    -
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I also used the bottom ponytail from Zephyr+'s Zoroark sprite.

EDIT: I realize imma get critisized on the light source, so fire away :P

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    I need to make my own sprite gallery ._.'

Spriters Showcase Thread

(btw this is my best sprite so far)
    Oh man, this is great, especially on the head. One little fix on the legs though, so that the 3 legs on the left won't look much bigger than the right one, and it will be perfect. :3
    Okay so like, I made a backsprite for Zoroark. Keep in mind that I am not a very good spriter..xD
    -
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Yes, I realize some parts are iffy. Hair = incorrect shading, but I can't seem to shade it correctly, and settled for this. The arm = couldn't get it looking right, so I just bent it under his body. His face is too small, I realize, but it looked okay until I made the arm, and then I just accepted the sprite as final :P
    Also, major credits goto SSJ4 Furatman. I used his sprite as a base for the pose.
    -
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I also used the bottom ponytail from Zephyr+'s Zoroark sprite.

EDIT: I realize imma get critisized on the light source, so fire away :P
    No, the light source is correct, actually, but other things aren't.
    First, the pose. It's looking at the right place, but even though someone else might consider this wrong, I would say that the face should be shown, at least a little. The rest is okay, though. The hair on the first frame look cooler, but what's with the dithering on the second frame? you could use a lighter red patch go out instead of dithering on that place. Plus, the arm should be fatter. I know you can do it, Jesse. :P

Last edited:
    Years

Spriters Showcase Thread

MAX, TO THINK THIS ORIGINATED FROM THAT SMALL BLOB YOU SHOWED ME AROUND CHRISTMAS TIME IS VERY HARD BECAUSE THIS IS SO SEXY. <3333

In all seriousness, "Wow". The shading on this piece of art is amazing. Heck, why am I telling you this; you're my tutor. XD

Anyway, good job, Max. It's amazing (but not a sprite; pixel art).

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years

Spriters Showcase Thread

I don't think it's your best, however I do think it looks really evil, and not very pokemon like :/

It's very nice.
    Shading's perfect in every-single aspect.
    Can't really say much more, theres nothing wrong with it.

I would say it's his best, and do you realise spriting is not just about pokemon.

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021

It's very nice.
    Shading's perfect in every-single aspect.
    Can't really say much more, theres nothing wrong with it.

I would say it's his best, and do you realise spriting is not just about pokemon.

yes ben, I realized my mistake and corrected it a few posts up ^^'

Spriters Showcase Thread

^ A fakemon for our game, Pokemon Dawn :D

umm, it it just me or does it look too square :/
    It's kinda facing the wrong way too, I would improve the outline as well, there are too many straight lines in it. At least the shading on the shell is decent :)

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    Spriters Showcase Thread

^ A fakemon for our game, Pokemon Dawn :D
    Not bad, but you should work on the outlines (darker colors). The pose is making it look 2-D-ish. The thing that I liked on it, though, is the shell, which seems that you know how to sprite rocks.
    umm, it it just me or does it look too square :/
    It's kinda facing the wrong way too, I would improve the outline as well, there are too many straight lines in it. At least the shading on the shell is decent :)
    It's not facing the wrong way, it's like that when you view it on the Pokemon Menu.

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    On second examination it is facing the right way according to nika, However the positioning of the legs is very akward...

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Warning: Not pokemon sprites :>

Anyways I made a few soldier sprites I might animate them later but idk :/
    Anyways didn't take very long maybe 30 - 45 minutes. It came out pretty well considering It didn't take very long. I would highly recommend for a pixel artist to critique these because I do feel that they are missing something.

Atomic Reactor

As far as critique goes, just little things.
    One more line on the helmet, to make it look a tad rounder (opinion though, looks fine right now)
    The gun could use like, a line of a pixel, just to add the illusion of detail.
    And then, the right side of the face. The pixel that goes inward right before the helmet, makes him look very pudgy haha. I would bring that to match the rest, then towards the bottom bring some of the pixels in more.... idk if I'm explaining clearly =/

Here
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I editted the one on the left, hope you don't mind.
    Again, just minor edits, the sprites are great. Just things I would have done if I made them ^^

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Anyways didn't take very long maybe 30 - 45 minutes. It came out pretty well considering It didn't take very long. I would highly recommend for a pixel artist to critique these because I do feel that they are missing something.

very nice pokemon sprites. Like mentioned there is nothing wrong with them... However I don't like the 90 degree leg (on the left), I'm not sure if its supposed to be like that, i've never examined soldier before only pokemon and scary octopus.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Colour combination. I only really like the first and third one in that aspect - red doesn't seem to fit in for me. Two outline false pixels here, but Atomic Reactor fixed them. :)
    Good job, what remains now is for you to find a use for them, huh?

---

Okay. This coy dragon here wants to meetcha. Say hi. :D
    Spriters Showcase Thread

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Colour combination. I only really like the first and third one in that aspect - red doesn't seem to fit in for me. Two outline false pixels here, but Atomic Reactor fixed them. :)
    Good job, what remains now is for you to find a use for them, huh?

---

Okay. This coy dragon here wants to meetcha. Say hi. :D
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Umm, I can't really critic the shading, the outline looks really nice and well done. However looking at the left leg I see 3 toes looking at the right leg I see 2. The face however is very nicely done ;)

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    Umm, I can't really critic the shading, the outline looks really nice and well done. However looking at the left leg I see 3 toes looking at the right leg I see 2. The face however is very nicely done ;)
    The third toe is the 'palm heel', which is partially hidden, due to the foot stance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back