• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    The third toe is the 'palm heel', which is partially hidden, due to the foot stance.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the third toe is coming from the inside of the foot, where as on the right it is coming from the back :s
    Just a minor thing, i'm just being technical about it ;)

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    Its Blyphlosiken!

Spriters Showcase Thread

SAVE IT AS A .PNG! Then it will be better.

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    I use Paint. It isn't that hard to save it as a .PNG, you don't need PhotoShop.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    Colour combination. I only really like the first and third one in that aspect - red doesn't seem to fit in for me. Two outline false pixels here, but Atomic Reactor fixed them. :)
    Good job, what remains now is for you to find a use for them, huh?

---

Okay. This coy dragon here wants to meetcha. Say hi. :D
    Spriters Showcase Thread

There is a spot on his back where the outline is doubled up for one pixel. Also, the outline of it's left leg (near the tail specifically) needs to be rounded. The shading is good except I don't like the look on it's right leg

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but the third toe is coming from the inside of the foot, where as on the right it is coming from the back :s
    Just a minor thing, i'm just being technical about it ;)
    You're wrong. :P On both feet it is coming from behind the foot. Anyways Nikanorou, the sprite is great. I would try darkening the outline color, it seems too light the way it is.

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Hola Pc!
    Made a new sprite out of boredom.
    A teddy-bear ;p
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Hope some of you like it!:)

That teddy bear is simple awesome :D
    Assuming I'm not wrong by calling it a fakemon, it looks great.

You're wrong. :P On both feet it is coming from behind the foot. Anyways Nikanorou, the sprite is great. I would try darkening the outline color, it seems too light the way it is.

Damit....recently I tend to be :P

I CANT, i DONT HAVE PHOTOSHOP! AND IM USING CRAPPY OLD WINDOWS PAINT! GOT IT?

Hit save as... then from the drop down choose PNG.

Last edited:

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Posting two new fakes were about to be used in Beryl:
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

does this mean you quit quitting rom hacking?
    well the sprite looks great but, in my opinion, there is too much black outline and it contrasts compared to the rest of the sprite, great work ^^

EDIT: mostly on the first evo.

Last edited:

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I know it says three sprites or less, but there's no way I'm going to make a thread just for these. I hardly if ever sprite anymore. In any case...

Spriters Showcase Thread

Meet the Holon Gym Leaders. From left to right: Marianne, Stathis, Anima, Rodney (if you recognize him you get a cookie), Buck (yes, that Buck), Garret (yes, that Garret), and Mina.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Alright after about a month i have decided to take up tile making once again... i was rather good at pokemon tiles (so i think) but i wanted to try something new... so here are some fantasy type tiles please give me some C+C... i know the wood on the roof is very plain so no need to comment on that... also the outline of that piece of wood so... begin... (please)
    Spriters Showcase Thread

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    Alright after about a month i have decided to take up tile making once again... i was rather good at pokemon tiles (so i think) but i wanted to try something new... so here are some fantasy type tiles please give me some C+C... i know the wood on the roof is very plain so no need to comment on that... also the outline of that piece of wood so... begin... (please)
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Uh, the bad thing that I would comment about the roof would be that it's plain, because it's not, but that it's bigger than the rest of the house. If you want it to have edges, I would suggest doing this:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Well, it would look better like this, imo.
    The outlines are good (maybe on the rooftop you would need a lighter one), they match the rest. And the palette choice...well, I couldn't 've thought of a better one for this type of house, well done. :)

Ven

Tyrian
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2011
    Halpp please.
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    (It's Wally)
    I can't get his shirt right, it just doesn't seem reminiscent of his shirt in my avatar, are there any noticeable problems?

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    Halpp please.
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    (It's Wally)
    I can't get his shirt right, it just doesn't seem reminiscent of his shirt in my avatar, are there any noticeable problems?
    I made a try.
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    A is yours, and B is the edited one. I should better explain what I did now.

• The head now has a proper shading below the hair and a pixel fix on the left of the face.
    • The shirt is fixed.
    • More white on the sleeves.
    • Something that I didn't do, but you should mind. Putting another colour on the eyes, except the black/brown combination makes the overworld more blurry. No heed if Wally is turquoise-eyed.
    I hope you like it, and since it's an edited version of your sprite, all rights to use go to you.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Spriters Showcase Thread

It's my first real sprite, and Maxeh/Chibi Robo helped me with it. I want to see what you guys think.

Last edited:

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    It looks great ^_^
    It's very adorable, shading looks great
    I also like the concept :)

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    Spriters Showcase Thread

It's my first real sprite, and a friend of mine helped me with it. I want to see what you guys think.

For your first sprite that's really good. The outline on it's left leg needs to be rounded a little, and perhaps a little more shading on the mid section of the tail would look better. But really, for your first sprite that is really good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back