• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Long time no post. I'm trying to get myself back into making things and I've challenged myself with something I don't normally do, a trainer sprite. Pointing out any anatomical mistakes would be very helpful, but yeah, I think it could be improved, just not sure how.

4r3gut.png

And because I feel like I should post something else, here's a VS sprite I made a li'l while ago.

142bytk.png

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    lady looks like a dude.

needs bigger eyes, better facial proportions. Look to the official female character mugs for reference.

or something like this
    Untitled-3-2.png

Last edited:

Sap Sipper

Terrified of Bad Luck.
    Years
  • I guess I should post this before I consider making a thread. This is my first Fakemon. I haven't thought of a name yet, but it's going to be the final form of the Grass-type starter - a Grass/Rock-type.

fakemon003.png

TeaSpork

I disapprove.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2011
    Probably on of my best pokemon sprites. It's plant-type but evolves into a Ghost/Plant. Obviously, it's based on a pumpkin.

Attachment because I don't have 15 posts :C
    That's a lame rule BTW :P

Years
  • Thats a really cool pokemon sprite TeaSpork! :3
    I think that if I found the shiny sprite in the wild, that I would have a heart attack! XD
    its even more creepy then the normal one! XD
    almost like a day/night versions XD

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2013
    i was watching sonic x once and got me the idea to make this

As a bit of feedback, the right pincer's gradient between light and dark is less shiny/sharp than the rest of the color transitions, seems a bit out of place. Looks really nice though.

Celestial Daze

Holiday Alt. = Holidaze
    Years
  • 2 vs sprites
    wmleh5.png
    35hpgdf.jpg

Well, I love Regirock,I think you did a great job with the rocky texture,but Registeel isn't round,if you look closely.But since I know scratch-spriting is difficult,I'll give you credits for that.

BTW

Here are two pieces I've made.
    The llama is completely from scratch so please help me
    Attached because I'm lazy

TeaSpork

I disapprove.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2011
    The biggest problem with that llama is that there is no shading and a LOT of straight lines.

Years
  • Probably on of my best pokemon sprites. It's plant-type but evolves into a Ghost/Plant. Obviously, it's based on a pumpkin.

Attachment because I don't have 15 posts :C
    That's a lame rule BTW :P

The only complaint I have is that the size is small regardless of it's baby-form or whatever, and it doesn't look unique or different from what it's based on.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • Echoral

scaled.php

Changed my style up a little bit. I attempted to make a pokedex last year, but I still needed to progress more. Sure, I can still improve, but I think I am finally at the level in which I can start, but I would happily accept any pointers that would improve my sprites. Thanks!

As always, please don't use this sprite, unless I give you explicit permission, thanks :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Echoral

scaled.php

Changed my style up a little bit. I attempted to make a pokedex last year, but I still needed to progress more. Sure, I can still improve, but I think I am finally at the level in which I can start, but I would happily accept any pointers that would improve my sprites. Thanks!

As always, please don't use this sprite, unless I give you explicit permission, thanks :)
    I struggle to find anything fundamentally wrong with this. I feel the design of the front legs do feel somewhat awkward. The closer leg feels as if it's over chunky compared to the body, the proportions there are a little off. I also feel that the pink shading would be somewhat more clear if it was darkened somewhat. Other than that, it seems pretty on key.

Some tips on my technique or approach on these would be great.

Free palette here, no restrictions. Went with a sort of radial shading.
    the_phoenix_by_gavzxhayley-d4j3fgo.png

This is 8 bit, not including transparency. Palette on top.
    8bitfreeeee_by_gavzxhayley-d4j66mc.png

NTA

Where?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2012
    Here's a pixel over I was trying to do of retro Gengar xD

094gengarrg.png

gengary.png

Not exactly sure what else I need to do. I don't understand shading at all xD. Could someone help me out :P

62999306.png
    These are some recolors I did maybe in 2007 or 2008 :D

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • A pixelover I tried for my hacks titlescreen. I think I did good on everything but their heads. If anyone can fix it up, that would be amazing.

pokemon_orange_titlescreen___final_by_pokemon_tiler-d4lchuh.png

Crits please?

Years
  • Some tips on my technique or approach on these would be great.

Free palette here, no restrictions. Went with a sort of radial shading.
    the_phoenix_by_gavzxhayley-d4j3fgo.png

This is 8 bit, not including transparency. Palette on top.
    8bitfreeeee_by_gavzxhayley-d4j66mc.png

The Butterfree is flawless, simply put. I really, really really struggle to find anything wrong with it. It's just...perfect <3

The Ho-oh, however, could be improved somewhat. From afar it looks great; you've got a great sense of colouring, general anatomy and composition. The shading and lineart, however, have room for improvement. Note that I'm not referring to the wings, tail or sky here; they all look pretty good. It's the actual "body" of Ho-oh that bugs me.

To begin with, the outline goes jaggy in a lot of places. Here are the ones I could identify:
    RItGu.png

If I were not lazy, I'd explain why these are jaggies/how to do smooth outlining, but I have faith that you can google "pixel art jaggy outline tutorial" or something.

Lineart aside, in some places the shading is too flat (see: the green "strip" on Ho-oh's neck), but most of all I think you should anti-alias (again, google that shizz) the colours as the transition seems very rough and clashes with the almost glossy look the rest of the picture has (correct me if I'm way off).

It's still a way better piece then I could do, the background is stunning and the wings are really a marvel, so well done etc. dude :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Do you really need outlines for such a big piece against a contrasting background, at least in areas that are being hit by the light source?

Spycicle

Gentlemen.
    Years
  • A pixelover I tried for my hacks titlescreen. I think I did good on everything but their heads. If anyone can fix it up, that would be amazing.
    Crits please?
    First of all, the most notable part, the shading is all wrong (There's virtually none on Ash and Misty).
    Second, I can see jaggies. Lots.
    Third (more critical of the titlescreen itself), the title is meant to be place at the top, not bottom.
    And last but not least, this is should be almost completely done before posting here.
    And that's it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back