• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Hey all. I'm working on a big mix-n-match emote set for myself (just started this afternoon), and wanted to see what you guys think so far. Maybe you all can suggest some 'parts' I could include that I haven't thought of yet?

set1.png

PokeMoon

Proud "Teh New Era" Member
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    Lol.
    Sort of a Pokemon Gold Rapidash redo...but I went crazy with it XD
    Rapidash.png

Years
  • Some quick feedback:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Hey all. I'm working on a big mix-n-match emote set for myself (just started this afternoon), and wanted to see what you guys think so far. Maybe you all can suggest some 'parts' I could include that I haven't thought of yet?

set1.png

Um, for emoticons I just rip off the ones PC has :P

But yeah, I really like this set. The sprites are nice and pretty cute. I particularly like the colours and also the shading of the hair.
    Lol.
    Sort of a Pokemon Gold Rapidash redo...but I went crazy with it XD
    Rapidash.png
    What's a redo? And what did you do with this anyway? It looks like you've used automatically generated gradients, judging by the amount of colours you've used and the smoothness of the gradient.

Anyway, a lava lamp!
    lavawip1.gif

Just a WIP at the moment. The wax inside the lamp changes as it warms up - first it's bored, then happy, and then excited, but once it reaches the top it's gets bored/disappointed since the ride is over.

I want to add more detail to it, but I like the simplicity of it, so I'm not sure what I'll do. Maybe add a few more frames or something.

Final Fantasy

High five!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2010
    Here is my first attempt at a super splice, it contains; Mamoswine, Registeel, Leafeon, Gible, Rhyperior, Weavile and Shinx.

supasplice.png

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
  • thats pretty good final fantasy

heres my sprite I know its rubbish but give me your comment and also ideas for more sprites I might post more soon =)
    colouring-sunkern + the little leaf
    Flower- shaymin ( on arms if you can't see themXD)
    tail - Kyogre
    porygon z

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Guys, there's a thread for recolours and fusions here, so it'd be more appropriate if you used that one for showing these sorts of work.

GameFreak Executive

Born to be the very best...
    Years
  • 2nd Ever Sprite - Houndieth - Help Wanted

I am yet to be able to post a hyperlink: tinypic.com/view.php?pic=i3djqc&s=5

Name: Houndieth
    Evolves from: Houndoom Lv. 43
    Type: Dark/Fire

Well, this is the second sprite that I have really put an effort into.
    It is an evolution of the canine Pokemon Houndoom. I do need some
    help with it though, I have always had trouble coloring anything. So,
    what I ask, is if someone would be generous enough to color it for me.
    I will always give credit where it's due, so please. if you think you may
    be able to give me a hand, then post here.

I'd also like some feedback, thanks!

Err.. also, I know that black shouldn't be used as an outline, but since I had to resort to getting help with coloring, I didn't really have a better option.

Edit: I decided to grow a pair, and try to color it, it's better than I thought I could do, but it isn't good enough.

TinyPic: tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ydorb&s=5

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    You don't have enough examples to have your own thread unfortunately, so this will have to go into the Spriters Showcase/Discussion thread.

merged

Years
  • It's looking pretty good so far.
    It's hard to pick at since it's not colored in, but the head does seem out of proportion to the body.

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
    Years
  • GameFreak Executive: Hmm.. The dithering on the colored one looks as if it was made of rock, or had rocky skin. It also has jagged lines, one of the worst errors a sprite can have, coming right next to pillowshading.

I could give it a go, as im trying to get into spriting pogey-style again.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • Rate my fakemon sprites!!

Ooh, I'd like for someone to rate my sprites of my grass starter in the Hiatu Region(for pokemon Opal, a fakemon game)
    Mimibud__s_Front_Sprites_by_Kitsukitty.png

Are they okay? If not, what should I do to make them better? Please rate.

GoldFlareon

Biotic Flareon
    Years
  • Ooh, I'd like for someone to rate my sprites of my grass starter in the Hiatu Region(for pokemon Opal, a fakemon game)

I like them, but they lack shading and outline shading, too. They're much too big, and I would suggest downsizing them (it'll probably wreck the pixels, though) to be at least half the size. :3

~Flareon.

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
    Years
  • Ooh, I'd like for someone to rate my sprites of my grass starter in the Hiatu Region(for pokemon Opal, a fakemon game)

Besides what the above poster said it seems like you zoomed in and took a snapshot of your desktop. But if those are the original sprites you definitely need to make them smaller.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back