• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    @Pokemon XD

they're pretty good, the smoochum could be better tho

@PBFH Dude

too symetrical D; from what i can tell, you scratched some, but just flipped the pieces over and pasted them together, rather than fixing each side seperate, get it? /bad at explaning >.>

I redid my Scribble :O
    side by side comparson
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Years
    @Pokemon XD

they're pretty good, the smoochum could be better tho

@PBFH Dude

too symetrical D; from what i can tell, you scratched some, but just flipped the pieces over and pasted them together, rather than fixing each side seperate, get it? /bad at explaning >.>

I redid my Scribble :O
    side by side comparson
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Very well done, The only thing i would say is to get rid of the green spots
    on his head. But it's up to you.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    Very well done, The only thing i would say is to get rid of the green spots
    on his head. But it's up to you.

I think the green spots add to it. If it didnt have them it would take away from the charcter, Scribble is the prevo of smeargle meaning its paint talents havn't full been recognized yet. Thus it made a bit of a mess on its head lol =]. I think it looks great. Shading is very nice and the bits of green really add to the sprite.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015

--
    @SytheXP

Pretty much xD

How he manages to get pain't on his head im not sure... probably all the splashing around in the paint xD

Its not a mess, Its ART 8O

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years

--
    @SytheXP

Pretty much xD

How he manages to get pain't on his head im not sure... probably all the splashing around in the paint xD

Its not a mess, Its ART 8O

You knew what I ment lol. Thats pretty much what I ment to say I forgot the words though so I said mess.

@Pokemon XD the revamp looks good the leaf doesn't look bad what are you planning to fix? Except maybe the shading needs a bit of a touch up.

ShaySkymin

It's thaaaaaank Shaymin time!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    These are some revamped silver sprites i have done.

Spriters Showcase Thread

I know this is a little late, but pokemon xd, those not only still have the gold/silver/crystal colours, but it looks recoloured.

To do a revamp, you remove everything except the outline (fill in the blank areas on it too) then scratch the colour, highlights and shading with the colours from the most recent sprite. Anatomy and design updates must be made too.

Years
    Sprite:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Name: Sterratail
    Class: Knifefish Pokémon
    Based On: Rattail/Glass Knifefish
    'Dex Entry: It stays close to it's parents and are commonly found in freshwater, such as rivers or lakes.
    Type: Water

Sprite:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Name: Rhifish
    Class: Electric Knifefish Pokémon
    Based On: Sand Knifefish
    'Dex Entry: It can exert moderately powerful electrical currents at this stage in its life. However, when it evolves into EELECTRIC, it would be able to generate excrutiatingly high amounts of electricity.
    Type: Water / Electric

Sprite:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Name: Eelectric
    Class: Electric Eel Pokémon
    Based On: Electric Eel
    'Dex Entry: The brown and green markings on it's body glow when it is attacking. If provoked, this Pokémon could easily generate enough electricity to wipe a Charizard out.
    Type: Water / Electric

I find Rhifish the worst and Eelectric the best. Lemme hear your opinions!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    aww no one commented, i think i did a rather good job for my first attempt too. well except where i lost one of its finger/feather things.

HIS right knee is very jagged... you could probably round it off a bit more...

The outlining is a bit dark for my liking... the black that is... it just contrasts to much against the white...

Just some little tidbits...

Keep Spriting!

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
    No one commented on mine either (or half the page actually).
    Hey, I would like people to comment on my first ever sprites. They are Mime Jr, and are based off a drawing of my own. The only difference is the outlines.
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I scanned in a picture of Mime Jr which was just outlines, without shading or colour, and did the outlines, then filled them in.
    Please comment so I can improve.

@Misty Sama
    Good, but in some places the outline is too dark, and in others too light. You may wanna remove the background and make it transparent, there is a free program called The Gimp (which I used) which can do that. Once you have the program you can use "colour to alpha" or something.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
    I have put my first sprite I have made from scratch and wanted other people's opinions.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

The other sprite is the second one I have made and again I just want to see what other people think.

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Old Snake D/P overworld animation.
    100% scratch. It's like 2px too tall for D/P tho.

Years
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I think I'mma call it Thorb (Thing + Orb) I know that it's really simple (and didn't require oodles of creativity), but it was more an attempt at shading than anything else. Comments?

Years
    Another simple scratch, but I quite like it:-
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Pokemon Name: Snowble
    Ability: -[Unamed]- The pokemon's Ice type moves are stronger in hail, it's water type moves are stronger in intense sunlight.
    Pokedex Entry: Snowble, the melting snow Pokemon. The pool of water underneath allows it to use water type attacks. (I went for an anime style one, I could hear the dex in my head. XD)

Any help/comments would be appreciated. =)

Edit: Since no one's commented I'll add this in.

Floxic
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I know the colouring and tail a bit meh., and I'mma attempt to change them but, what you people think?

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I think I'mma call it Thorb (Thing + Orb) I know that it's really simple (and didn't require oodles of creativity), but it was more an attempt at shading than anything else. Comments?

It may not be a very detailed creature, but I quite like it. It's kind'a cute. I do see one flaw, however. The shading on the back is too straight. Since it's a round form, I would think that the shading should be curved as well. Other than that, good job. :)

Spriters Showcase Thread

SHOPOKE!!
    8O

XD That's amazing. The details are greatness. As far as I'm concerned, the shading is perfect. I honestly can't point out any flaws. :)

Another simple scratch, but I quite like it:-
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Pokemon Name: Snowble
    Ability: -[Unamed]- The pokemon's Ice type moves are stronger in hail, it's water type moves are stronger in intense sunlight.
    Pokedex Entry: Snowble, the melting snow Pokemon. The pool of water underneath allows it to use water type attacks. (I went for an anime style one, I could hear the dex in my head. XD)

Any help/comments would be appreciated. =)

Edit: Since no one's commented I'll add this in.

Floxic
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I know the colouring and tail a bit meh., and I'mma attempt to change them but, what you people think?

Thorb was definately cuter than these. I'm an ice-type fan myself, but Snowble's design is just too simple. Maybe the shades are too close together? *Shrugs.*

Floxic could have potential if it were angled differently. If you're aiming for a "fakemon," then you shouldn't ever have it facing forward. I can see that you made the eyes look into the proper direction, now you need the body to do the same. I don't pariculary like the shading, but it should be easier to add more interesting shading once you turn the body.

You definately have potential, though. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back