• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
    Years
    Ooh, I'd like for someone to rate my sprites of my grass starter in the Hiatu Region(for pokemon Opal, a fakemon game)

*Sprites*

Are they okay? If not, what should I do to make them better? Please rate.

Outlines are too bright, shades inside the sprite can hardly be distinguished (add contrast), grass thing sprouting on his head needs shading and depth, arm needs to look like an arm, not an overgrown tit, lines are jagged, I still don't know what's that pink thing on the tail, left leg should be inclined something like the right one, ect..

Showing the sprite zoomed at x1 would help, also.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I had once made a thread that showed off most of these, but I made some changes and didn't want to revive that old topic and didn't think I should make a new thread.

I made a Pokemon edit of the ridiculously hard freeware game "Syobon Action." All I did was replace the original sprites with scratch Pokemon sprites. They're not meant to to "great" graphics, but they beat the originals.

Spriters Showcase Thread

(The dead Pikachu looks pathetic)

Spriters Showcase Thread

(Fireball not made by me)

Spriters Showcase Thread

(Ekans looks horrible, I know)

Spriters Showcase Thread

(Box, stick, and flame not by me; ugly Raichu edit)

Spriters Showcase Thread

(Spring not by me)

Spriters Showcase Thread

(Only Pokemon Center by me)

Spriters Showcase Thread

(Only Egg by me)

I actually have the download link for this edit in the "Other Games" forum.

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
    Years
    Wasn't really sure where this belonged so I posted it in the recolor/fusion thread as well as in here.

So I decide to try to gauge my improvement be retrying something I tried when I first started spriting. Well anyway I'd say I've improved quite a bit based off of this:
    Original try:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

New try:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Years
    Wasn't really sure where this belonged so I posted it in the recolor/fusion thread as well as in here.

So I decide to try to gauge my improvement be retrying something I tried when I first started spriting. Well anyway I'd say I've improved quite a bit based off of this:
    Original try:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

New try:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

A little sloppy on the shading, there. And, is there any shade for the purple part? A little hard to tell. Also, for the pink parts, I think you should use some more colors on your outline. Just one color of outline (ex; BLACK) is a little boring. ;o Using the shade in an outline is a good idea. =] For the mouth ... why is there a green outline? xD

It's been forever since I posted here. =X

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
    Years
    thanks for the critique. and iam not sure whats with the green around the mouth. it just randomly appeared there but when I open it in paint it doesnt show up.

Last edited:

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
    Hey, I would like people to comment on my first ever sprites. They are Mime Jr, and are based off a drawing of my own. The only difference is the outlines.
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I scanned in a picture of Mime Jr which was just outlines, without shading or colour, and did the outlines, then filled them in.
    Please comment so I can improve.
    I have posted these before, but recieved no comments.

In response to Misty Sama, maybe it is transparency causing the green, in which case paint over where the green is, even if paint doesn't show it.

Years
    Hey, I would like people to comment on my first ever sprites. They are Mime Jr, and are based off a drawing of my own. The only difference is the outlines.
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I scanned in a picture of Mime Jr which was just outlines, without shading or colour, and did the outlines, then filled them in.

In response to Misty Sama, maybe it is transparency causing the green, in which case paint over where the green is, even if paint doesn't show it.
    I like it, it's a cute pose.

However, I suggest working on the head (Err ... the blue part thing on its head) and the eyes. The eyes are too big, I think. The outlines are dark for me, and there's thick outlines in a few places. Thick outlines aren't that great. Other then that, it's pretty cute.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
    Rate mines please?

Please rate my sprites!
    Spriters Showcase Thread

it's a scratch, and I know it's not perfect of course! Any suggestions, please? Cuz I really need to get better.
    And this is a fakemon made by Kitsunez for my game!

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

The outlines are fine IMO
    but you could use work on the shading, particularly on the head., it looks weird, but that might just be me being blind again

the mouth could use a little work too,
    but other wise its very nice

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
    Years
    It's the first time i'm postig here :D I was bored so i decided to sprite some tiles ;) Here are they:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

You can use them but please give credits ;)

~MOP

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    It's the first time i'm postig here :D I was bored so i decided to sprite some tiles ;) Here are they:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

You can use them but please give credits ;)

~MOP

Those tiles look very nice. Looks like you put a few hours in these. But they appear to be pillow shaded. Especially the mountain tiles. But besides that they look nice i hope to see more.
    HINT:
    You have enough to make a thread.

EDIT:
    @07harris
    Tiles are sprites.

Golden Arcanine

Arcanine Warlord
    Years
    heres my try at a few trainers ive been working on for about a week and a half on all three.

Spriters Showcase Thread

The guiding hand of grace is a beauty beyond belief.

Spriters Showcase Thread

The darkness of man in physical form beware of his deeds.

Spriters Showcase Thread

A being emotionless neither good or evil, balance in a singularity.

Years
    heres my try at a few trainers ive been working on for about a week and a half on all three.

Spriters Showcase Thread

The guiding hand of grace is a beauty beyond belief.

Spriters Showcase Thread

The darkness of man in physical form beware of his deeds.

Spriters Showcase Thread

A being emotionless neither good or evil, balance in a singularity.

You, my friend, used bright colors around. x..x Sorry, but it's a little distracting.

@Domin-8
    Wow, great job. =] The only thing I might suggest is MAYBE a little brighter color of yellow/gold. I love the shade of blue you used. Is it me, or do I feel like the head is a little low? D= It could be me, but I'm not sure. By the way, I love the shade of blue you used.

Years
    Sprite:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Name: Phanteddy
    Class: Possessed Pokémon
    Based On: Teddy Bear/Ghost
    'Dex Entry: It's eye is covered by a patch of cloth. When it evolves, little traces of the original teddy bear is seen.
    Type: Ghost (/Normal?)
    Comments: I was just thinking - what if there was an evil teddy bear? It'd be awesome! And, before you say anything, this pose is not scratched! It's actually based on Teddiursa's Gold sprite. Obviously, I edited it and revamped it.

Please tell me what you think of it!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I thought it looked similar to Teddiursa. ;) It looks good, I especilly love how you shaded it. Why don't you try making sprites from scratch (if you arent already) as the sprite is lovely.

Anyway, a revamp here. :D

Spriters Showcase Thread

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
    Years
    I hope WIPs can be posted here.. If not, let's just say it's lineart.

Spriters Showcase Thread

This is what I have so far, and it's for a certain proyect over at TSR.
    Not official pokemon style btw, but a side view instead, as if for a platformer. C+C would be apreciated

Off to colour now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back