• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
  • Here's a fire type I made from scratch. I call it Leober, and if I ever make a rom hack, this will probably be the fire starter.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Any comments?

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • @ Blackmoonflower - That's a really good design, and well shaded, but I can't help but think that the lines are a bit too dark for the colour scheme. I also really like the pose - it would fit well into a battle scene, and should be suited for a hack. Just... take a look at the line colours. ;)

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    @Asgard: Thanks for the advice, I finally have the criticism I needed to improve. I guess I should have made the first one more like a sprite and less like an avatar. So for the last tree it should have a darker tone on the bright spots? The lines in the tree do look unnatural the way I shaded them, thanks.
    Yep, it is the evolution of the other one; I'll take that in consideration when I edit them.

@Kon~: Your sprites look great! The left leg on the left leg looks a little off somehow, but I'm sure my vision is off.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • Comment on my building anyone?
    You need to work on the perspective. The top and the rest of the building don't match up. I'm not sure, but I think it would look better if you added the sides to it. I don't do much with buildings, so I'm not too sure if what I said is right.

@Asgard: I have the black outline because because that's the way it is on the original image. I tried having a darker outline for the whole thing, and removing the black outline but I think it looks best this way. Thank you for the input though.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Spriters Showcase Thread

Well, here's the (slightly) improved Fersine. I straightened out the bendy limbs and added little markings but the colour scheme makes them hard to see, so that's what I'm going to look at next, and maybe consider a shiny version, too. Watch this space!
    (CC :) )

GaggliusHacks

random pokehacker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    Is this a good Fakemon? (SCRATCH)

its a swalot evolution and compared to my others, it turned out well.
    i put i lot of effort. if you dont have anything nice to say dont say it at all....
    well here it is:

Spriters Showcase Thread

Closer up:

Spriters Showcase Thread

Last edited:

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
  • All I can say is, it looks just a bit flat. Take a look at Grimer, it has form, and the illusion of 3-D:

Spriters Showcase Thread

It... needs to be bigger, and also, you forgot the signature o3o of the Glupin series. Eh... Sorry, there isn't much good to say here... Nice attempt at shading, but the way you did it makes it look like the 'Mon is just flattened against the ground.

GaggliusHacks

random pokehacker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    well it is going into my rom hack so it has to be 64x64...and....ill try to do the 3-D thing and the 030 thing too

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
    Years
  • Tip on making it 3D; all your shading is in straight lines. Use curved ones, keeping a light source. Also, perhaps use a more Swaloty colour.

Years
  • Your second attempt is better, but I think the shading is too saturated. Instead of the blue just getting darker, it should be getting a bit greyer as well. Not only does it make it look less like a pokemon sprite, it also makes it hard the see the lines and details.

It's like this recoloured, highly staturated heracross versus the official sprite:

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Raibutai

Years
  • Here's a spritesheet I made. I tried making a thread to showcase this, but alas, I got no feedback. Hopefully I'll have some more luck here:

Spriters Showcase Thread

I am NOT proud of the trainer in-battle and profile sprites. I prefer overworlds, anyway.

Neuca

Fill me up with berries...
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2010
    Well, I've made a Shuckle pixel-over, which can be seen in my signature. Can I get some comments and critique on it, please, as I might do another Pokemon in this same style and I want to know if my work is any good.

Raibutai

Years
  • I like the pixel-over, but one thing: the outline off the Shuckle's head is a little dark compared to the rest. Maybe lighten it up? I dunno; it just looks funny to me.

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    heres 3 fakes ive been working on today, part of a trio that embody heaven, hell and the inifinites of space
    Spriters Showcase Thread

any comments?

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • heres 3 fakes ive been working on today, part of a trio that embody heaven, hell and the inifinites of space
    Spriters Showcase Thread

any comments?

They look pretty nice, except the second one does not embody hell. I see that you want to make them all similar but they look too cute and innocent. You should try to make them something bigger. For example, the heaven one could be an angelic cat (wings, white/yellow palette, halo) , and then the hell one can be a fiery dog (red/black palette, sharper, evil looking). As for the space one, You could do something like a weasel, or if you don't care if it fits the pattern, an amorphous blob.

As for the sprites, I think they look nice. The heavenly ones mouth looks weird, and I think you should add the other eye to the spacial one. And lastly, I would suggest scratching the heads again fr the last two, or at least changing the shading. The heads are in a different position than the first sprite, so the shading should differ. But overall they look pretty nice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back