• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowyxz

Insert title here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    hmmm ya. i also noticed that the color on the second leg from the back blended too much with the white backround so i added some black to the outline.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

does it look better?

Years
    The top right one looks a little odd.
    Anyway, here's my first scratch.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

The shading is a bit off, but its my first one.
    Criticism please.
    The shading is a little off, yes. It's consistent across the sprite - too consistent in fact since each part of the sprite (the head, the tail, the feet, etc.) is meant to have a different shape and surface. The feet, for instance, are probably meant to be flat since the rabbit (?) is sitting down with its feet up. The light wouldn't have such a gradient on a flat surface like that. Gradients are better for rounded, curved surfaces like the head.

Speaking of the head, or rather the face, it's a little unfinished looking. The eyes are empty looking since there are no pupils. I'd also think about how you could make the mouth more interesting. You could curve it, open it, even remove it if the angle of the head is such that you wouldn't be able to see it.

Scytha

mass effect freak
    Years
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

He's Ok, but his arm is stuffed up, but that shouldn't matter.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Now, he's alot better, I think.

So, which one do you think looks better. I'm not looking for feedback, just want to know which one looks better.

tpmrpg

Beginning Hacker, Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2013
    hey every1 remember my eevees yeah i'm giving up on it if anyone wants to finsih it be my geust

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
    Years
    Well I have another set of backsprites for Malachite that need some critiquing.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

As I said before the top row of sprites do not belong to me, I only have used them as references. Only thing I know what to work on is changing is the outlines a bit.

Years
    Would anyone be interested in a badge shop? Or be interested in hiring me for their shop to make badges? I have examples here:

Spoiler:

Contact me if you're intrigued =]

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    Hello! I have been trying my hand at spriting for the ROM hack I'm working on, and so I thought I'd post my efforts here.

This is the first Pokemon I've made; I call it a Roamer. This is also my first attempt at scratching/spriting so.. be nice :P (Just kidding, you don't have to be nice.)

Front
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Back
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Critiques definitely welcome. I've been struggling a bit with the shading and outlines, so I know I need to work on that. I would love to hear your impressions so far, though!

Last edited:
    Years
    Here's a couple of Fakemon I made:

Spriters Showcase Thread

Flobait

Spriters Showcase Thread

Oddillo

Spriters Showcase Thread

Atlectric
    These look a lot like fusions, but I just can't tell for certain. My fusion detection software must be malfunctioning.

Flobait is the best of the three in terms of its coloring, shading and design. There's enough detail in the fins, eye and the dangling thing that it looks complete. Atlectric feels too monochromatic for my tastes and Oddillo feels too simple, more like an actual animal than a pokemon. But maybe that's what you're going for (in which case, good job).

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
    this is my first ever finish fakemon,really not good thats why i posted here to get help on how to make it look more pokemon-liked..i may be good at tile making but this is absolutely hard for me..can't seem to make it look pokemonish..
    help needed,critiscm be harsh to me,thats what i need to make it look nice.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

the colurs,i don't know how to choose which colour and where to placed them even though i have look at tuts

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    These look a lot like fusions, but I just can't tell for certain. My fusion detection software must be malfunctioning.

Flobait is the best of the three in terms of its coloring, shading and design. There's enough detail in the fins, eye and the dangling thing that it looks complete. Atlectric feels too monochromatic for my tastes and Oddillo feels too simple, more like an actual animal than a pokemon. But maybe that's what you're going for (in which case, good job).

Nope, not fusions. These are completely from scratch except for the shape of Atlectric's head (minus the horns), which is from Heracross.

The "dangling thing" is supposed to be a fishing hook; what would make it more recognizeable? As for Atlectric, I figured that the other beetle pokemon, Pinsir and Heracross, are both monochromatic as well.

Years
    I recently completed the back sprite for my water starter.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Spriters Showcase Thread

C&C, please?

Hey, nice job!

I wanna suggest that the eye should maybe be moved downwards maybe a pixel or two? It looks a little off up there. If you lower it down, it looks as if it's facing a Pokemon in a battle. Where it's placed now, it looks like it's looking like it's tilting its head and facing the Pokemon. I dunno, just a little suggestion there. I really love the way you color your outlines. ^..^ However, I think the beak has a thick black outline. Is the beak opened a little? Maybe that's why it looks like a thick outline. You need a nice job shading the sprite, I have to admit that. The back sprite looks good as well. I just wanted to add that, the top little feathers could use a little shading. ^..^;
    I hope that helped a little. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back