• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
  • I'm just going to comment on the hat here, because I've never been much good with fakemon, forgive me. It looks great to me, however I find a small issue with the outline at the bottom of the hat. The black line which follows the gray outline contrasts a little too much, I would suggest going with a darker gray outline for that area. The black outline works best on the red as opposed to the gray/white.

Thanks for the tip. :) I must admit, when I looked at it after creating it, I thought the black stood out too much. So yeah, heres the new and improved version: Spriters Showcase Thread

Merry Christmas, everyone. :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2011
    This is a sprite that I was working on for a while. I was going for a male protagonist kind of look. What do you guys think?

The sprite is attached.

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    This is a sprite that I was working on for a while. I was going for a male protagonist kind of look. What do you guys think?

The sprite is attached.

The hair is taking up attention way to much, and hides face. His flow is all wrong the way his right hand goes though. The hair has too many straight lines.

Ok, i just need a bit of help, does any one know how to make a fakemon body like munna's? Munna is 5th gen pokr. I want to know how the darn legs match up with the body.. Any tips?

Fantastique

Farewell, seashell .
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2011
    The hair is taking up attention way to much, and hides face. His flow is all wrong the way his right hand goes though. The hair has too many straight lines.

Ok, i just need a bit of help, does any one know how to make a fakemon body like munna's? Munna is 5th gen pokr. I want to know how the darn legs match up with the body.. Any tips?

Not quite sure what you mean here, but I'll give it a shot.
    The way I see it, its legs are the same as a Cleffa's, only it has 4 of them. I see Munna's body as half of an oval with stubby legs. Sorry if that made no sense/didn't help, but I didn't have much to go with rofl.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • This is a sprite that I was working on for a while. I was going for a male protagonist kind of look. What do you guys think?

The sprite is attached.

Also adding on to what Nimblethumbs said, the hand isn't really... a hand. On the other hand (lol), I like the jacket. :)
    ----------

Okay, here's a new scratch sprite. It's not my best, but meh.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Pendug (Pendulum + bug)
    Bug Type
    "Even under extreme stress, it swings its pendulum-like tail at the same pace."
    -----------

I was going to colour it green, but then it looked too much like Caterpie. I'm not really happy with the "segments" and the "pendulum". I made concept art of it ages ago, but then lost it so I had to re-create it from memory, and I forgot its pendulum. When I finished it, then I remembered and I added it on. XD It starts of as a moustached bug, then evolves into a butler bug, and finally a queen/kind bug.

EDIT: I made a female version. Spriters Showcase Thread

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    I posted this piece in my thread, but it doesn't really fit the thread's theme... So I'm posting it here too! I had an urge to sprite a wind waker style Link because I'm making a legend of zelda fangame! Here he is:

Spriters Showcase Thread

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Outlines could do with more colour imo

and perhaps some more anti-aliasing especially on the face - as for the current anti-aliasing, putting the lighter colour on the outside of the line is more a technique used for sprites that are always going to be against a white background, like Gen I and II Pokémon sprites. Against backgrounds of varying colours it tends to backfire.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    Which part of the face needs more anti-aliasing? Also, I don't really know the "proper" way to anti alias.. (Is that a verb? haha) I usually just wing it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2011
    Also adding on to what Nimblethumbs said, the hand isn't really... a hand. On the other hand (lol), I like the jacket. :)
    ----------

Yea, I did a pretty lazy job on his hand. As for his hair, well I don't really know how to change it because...that's how his hair is. Any suggestions?

Also here is a new sprite. A girl this time :D

Fantastique

Farewell, seashell .
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2011
    ----------

Yea, I did a pretty lazy job on his hand. As for his hair, well I don't really know how to change it because...that's how his hair is. Any suggestions?

Also here is a new sprite. A girl this time :D

The sprite is lacking shading EVERYWHERE. Only her left arm has decent shading. Work on the outline to make it smoother in general, and then work on the shading.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 2, 2018
    My first attempt as a scratch sprite

So i got really bored and decided to see how i was at scratching. And i was great! The itch is all gone <3 Then i decided to try my hand at scratch spriting and it came out like this.

Spriters Showcase Thread

What do you think? C&C please <3

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    So i got really bored and decided to see how i was at scratching. And i was great! The itch is all gone <3 Then i decided to try my hand at scratch spriting and it came out like this.

Spriters Showcase Thread

What do you think? C&C please <3

You need to colour your outlines, but firstly you need to clean them up. The entire piece is covered in messy outlines that are more than a pixel thick.

Also to be honest I've seen this kind of shading a lot and I've never liked it. Midtones and highlights are just sort of thrown on top of the shadow colour without much regard for how they would work on the object and it doesn't look all that natural. Worst offender here is the metallic surfaces which don't look at all correct.
    I've always regarded the highlight shade to be a less is more kind of thing too.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 2, 2018
    You need to colour your outlines, but firstly you need to clean them up. The entire piece is covered in messy outlines that are more than a pixel thick.

Also to be honest I've seen this kind of shading a lot and I've never liked it. Midtones and highlights are just sort of thrown on top of the shadow colour without much regard for how they would work on the object and it doesn't look all that natural. Worst offender here is the metallic surfaces which don't look at all correct.
    I've always regarded the highlight shade to be a less is more kind of thing too.

Well it's my first try it isn't gonna be perfect...

Years
  • How about you take onboard his critisism instead of using being a beginner as an excuse? You'll always /be/ at beginner standards if you don't take critisism and do something about it. -.-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back