• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Sprites extracted! Discussion.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    blaine just lol and is that giovanni i see

The shady guy on the last row to the right of Lance's back sprite?

Working theory is that it's Giovanni, but as far as I've seen nobody has run into him during the game to confirm this. D:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I found some of the overworld sprites on this website

https://spriters-resource.com/ds/pokeheartgoldsoulsilver/

but the Sinnoh ones aren't done yet...

This is what I've been looking forward to most with all the sprites, overworld. I've got to say for creating OW sprites for all the Pokémon was a great idea and majority of them came along so well. Not to mention, shinies being allowed to be shown as their differenciated color was a nice plus to the feature.

Oh my gosh, it's Wailord! Can I say that this was done oh too perfectly for this largely sized Pokémon?
    I have to add that abusing this feature will be quite enjoying. :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    electabuzz, scyther and lugia look so amazing, as do steelix and scizor

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Pikachu has 2 different OW sprites and Raichu has 1. Wonder why...

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    That would most likely be because a Female Pikachu has a difference in the tail, whereas there is no barely any noticeable difference between the Raichu genders.
    Either that or, I dunno.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    I've heard people think the Scyther sprite was butchered, but I honestly like it. It has more of an edge to it now, and just seems more like a stance something that was alive might take.

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
    Years
    You know, while some people say that some sprites went back a step, I believe that that was the point here. I like the sprites because they are a mix between the gsc and platinum sprites. These are like redrawn johto sprites from the gbc.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Haha, I'm really finding out about this. I quite like a lot of them, especially Raichu and Wailord. The two just look... perfect.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Roserade, Rotom, Giratina, Charizard, Wormadam(Steel) are my faves.

Years
    Typhlosion looks amazing and it looks like they paid attention to it unlike R/S/E and D/P.

Alot of Kanto and Johto's pokemon sprites are amazing now but Mewtwo was bad.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Hoenn and Sinnoh got the best overwold sprites if you ask me.

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
    Serebii now has the pre battle pics (like of Gym Leaders).
    One of them looks like the mysterious sprite that people think is Giovanni. I have a question. What does the fake director in Goldenrod look like when you battle him?
    Does he look like a Rocket exec? Ie., his battle sprite.

Years
    At first I thought the sprites were really bad, and poorly done by an average spriter. Though now that I look at them more, and get used to them, they are pretty good and badass.

I can also sense the G/S-esque feel in the sprites. Amazing =D

Back