• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Sprites extracted! Discussion.

NatureKeeper

So, we get to battle Palmer and not to battle Barry? Wierd...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Wonder where Rotoms forms will be obtained at or if you will just be able to trade them over somehow.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I personally dislike most of the sprites. Jolteon is in its worst condition since Red/Blue and Mewtwo is completely lulz-worthy. Umbreon still isn't up to snuff, but it looks a lot better than it did in DPPt. Tyranitar...looks like it's sad and it wants to cry and Sneasel is...just bad.

However, Arcanine, Steelix, and the legendary dogs are amazing.

Isao

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2011
    But Pikachu so far would be the only pokemon to have a gender difference OW.
    [link]

Confirms that every single Alternate form are in the games!
    That pic just shows the regularly colored Pokemon. Other Pokemon do have gender differences though. The Johto sprite sheet has gender differences. :3

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Er... as I recall, female Wobby had lipstick on their overworld sprite, so Pikachu isn't alone. :)

Yeah I veiwed them after I said that and there are many more different ones. XD

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Pokemon sprites: I like them for the most part, but some look pretty bad compared to previous versions.

Trainer sprites: I really like the new ones.

Overall, they're pretty good and I find them to be better than previous sprites... mostly.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Sabrina is the new fashion queen of HGSS as Dahlia was for Platinum.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I love Sabrina's new look. But I am curious as to why she changed to a modern punk fashion. Maybe Sabrina is into fashion trends?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    animated sprites:
    Sprites extracted! Discussion.

So it was giovanni

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I love Sabrina's new look. But I am curious as to why she changed to a modern punk fashion. Maybe Sabrina is into fashion trends?

HeartGold and SoulSilver takes place three years after FireRed and LeafGreen. So a change in look to keep up with after so many years shouldn't really come as a suprise. I wouldn't say she's into her fashion trends though, but more so her psychic ability. Nevertheless, she does look pretty good overall.

As for the animated sprites, Koga's movements caught my attention the most. It is differenciated from the rest and brings out his true ninja abilities.

Back