• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spyro, Drake, Jak & Daxter - The Playstation Fan Club

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
    Years
    Well, here I have to go with Jak though. Despite that Daxter is my favourite, as charachter in the games I like Jak just more. As said the evolution he goes through, the development he has. The Jak from the first game has hardly the same feel to him as the Jak in the third

In the first game, Jak is a rather normal man in the Village, he does jobs for them (repairing the electric system) and as the story progresses somehow gets involved in stopping the Dark Eco. But as a charachter he feels in the game not so important, he doesn't stand out really. With having no voice, he just has his facial expressions and things he can do to show personality.

Then came the second game, Jak developed alot probably because he was kept inprisioned (For one year (?) Did not play the games in a while) And experimanted on. He kinda steps up and shows more personality and his courage against others. And then, also the implemantation of making a Dark Jak version was really cool too and gave more to him. Because now he had a force in him, which he couldn't really controll, but also he had to watch out for others. He had now more than just one opponent and goal.

With the third game, Jak took another step in personality and now became the Leader kind of guy. Shown that he tries to save Heaven city in the chaos, and takes on missions by himself. And with another twist in the end shows Jak all the hatred that he had kept up since he entered the future.

As I mentioned before I didn't played the Games in a while now, like 2 to 3 years probably. But I tried to remember, excuse if I messed up somehow. And also... I always liked Jak with his beard more hehehe...

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I like Jak and Daxter roughly the same, but I'd have to say Daxter more than Jak because he's like a comedic relief from the intensity of the games.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I think it's obvious I like Jak more. Daxter is great too of course, but Jak just oozes awesome. And again, those facial expressions...idk man, Jak gives Daxter a run for his money on being the comedic relief. :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I definitely like Jak more. Daxter's all right, but his presence isn't as great. The way I see it, Daxter's just a companion, while Jak is the main guy. The relationship's sort of like Ash and Pikachu, Yugi and Dark Magician, and Link and Navi. :b

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Hey guys!! Im very sorry the club has been so unactive lately, some of you may know i had internet troubles :/
    Everything is back to normal though, and since the week is almost over, time for a new weely feature:

This time, ill let you chose between 2 game series: Crash Bandicoot or Croc??
    Let your opinion be heard!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Why do you do this to me, Zoro. Can I just...vote for both? xD

I'm up for either, really. I loved both series, but I grew fond of Crash Bandicoot a lot more because I played pretty much ALL of their games when I was younger.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It'd definitely have to be Crash. Although Croc is an interesting character, I've never really played much games from the series. :(

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Im liking where this is going, but im still sorry minerva :P
    I vote for Crash as well, one of my all-time Top5 videogames

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
    Years
    Since the last time I played Croc was with... eight or so I think I should go with Crash. I just know more about it, even if the last time I played a Crash game was like a few years ago

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'll vote for Crash simply because I know more about that than Croc, plus it's Naughty Dog. I've never played any of those. :x I ain't lyin' when I say I'm the worst PS fan since I got my PS2 as late as 2009. lol

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    ^I feel ya, Syd xD

If only I could find my old Crash Team Racing CD I could play it right now. It was one of my favorite games from the series. Get to race as Coco as well as her pet Tiger, and Crash's Polar Bear lmao.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    This is my PS2 library:

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
    Jak II
    Jak 3
    Jak X Combat Racing
    Kingdom Hearts
    Kingdom Hearts II
    Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories
    Tales of the Abyss
    Ratchet and Clank
    Ratchet: Deadlocked
    Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus

THAT'S IT. Considering most of that is just Jak and KH, it's not a lot of variety. lol

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
    Me me me!!! I'll join please! :D

User Name:
    CliCliW
    PS Systems you own/have owned: PS1, (several) PS2s, and a PS3
    Chose a Playstation character to represent you (Optional): Can I choose...... Ciara from the Jak and Daxter series please? She was always pretty cool :)

In terms of Crash vs. Croc...... I'm sorry Croc, but I have to go with Crash. I always preferred Crash Bandicoot growing up: Warped is a masterpiece as far as I'm concerned.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    ^ Her name is spelt with a K, not a C.

(Kind of an expert with anything JAD; and know how everyone's name is. Sorry. :D )

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Going to throw in a new topic for you guys, haha. Unlike PS3, 4 now requires fees for online gaming. What are your opinion on it? Are you upset by this change?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Unlike PS3, 4 now requires fees for online gaming. What are your opinion on it? Are you upset by this change?

You beat me to suggesting a new topic :P
    Ill just leave this question for today and start with the Crash Bandicoot topics tomorrow.

It kinda sucks you are forced now to pay for online gaming, but im not really upset about it.
    50 euros a year is less than 5 euros a month, and if you think about it, you get very nice discounts and a bunch of games for free!! If you download only like 2 of the games throughout the year, you are probably already saving money, so after all its a pretty sweet deal if you ask me (:

Just this month i downloaded both XCOM and Drake 3 for free :D

Also, welcome to the club CliCliW!! Nice to have you with us!
    Feel free to answer the current topic to get started ;)

Back