• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Staff Feedback Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Ashlein said:
    Not necessarily. If there are too many specific forums people get confused and more spam and closed threads come up as result. I OWN some forums, I would know. ~.^
    That's why we are given the ability to move threads ^^ and leave a redirect so when the member who posted comes to check it they canlearn what forum that question and stuff related to it goes in ;) .

FaerieEsqueThing

FINLAND!
    Years
    Yeah, but going to the Crush thread saying you're looking for a crush isn't spam. What is the subject of the Crush Thread? Crushes. Does saying you're looking for a crush have to do with crushes? YES! = Not spam.

Years
    That's other chat.That's what you do in there.Notice how alot of threads are taken care of in there and have mods that are very active in there?What so you'e saying that people shouldn't be able to have fun?Sorry, but that's what this forum is for.

Years
    Just that little bit of spam usually leads up to a sour thread where flaming then occurs.We have learned this over and over again.This is why we think ahead and close it so it doesn't happen.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Ashlein said:
    Soemtimes it drives me insane to have half my thread closed and being scolded constantly. Also having too many different catagories only promotes spam.
    Not really. All forums has a purpose. We don't make a forum just because we think it might get some posts.
    And you really didn't have half your threads closed. 3 out of the 18 was locked.
    Thread 1: Closed because it was pointless (you could have just said you were no longer paired in the pair thread).
    Thread 2: Closed because it was a leaving thread. And we don't let Leaving Threads on PC (if you will be gone then PM your friends and put a note in your sig).
    Thread 3: Closed because you can use this thread for the topic of your other one.

And from what I've seen we don't lock a thread right after it goes off topic (unless most of the thread is spam and the thread has done
    served it's purpose).

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Ashlein said:
    You only proved my point. We'd rather not have to spend a million years finidng where to post things.
    I don't see how.
    What forums should we lose? The game forums? The Off topic forums?
    All forums are clearly marked with a description of each forum (and most forum names is about that forum). Read description and the forum name and you'll find your forum to post in.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Ashlein said:
    Instead of two off-topic forums, why not just ONE, more GENERAL one? How about shedding some topics for specific things? Be more general, people will have an easier time posting correctly.
    Well each forum is for a specific kind of thread.Like other chat.It is spilt into four.Computer Dicussion,Games,Birthdays and anything else is in other chat.That would be a bad idea because it would be overcrowed and would cause problems and a lot of confusion to other members.But that's just my opinion.XD.

FaerieEsqueThing

FINLAND!
    Years
    But like I said, it's hard to find anything because you're not sure where it would belong. And besides, a full forum is something to be proud of. Unless half the topics are useless spam. Which it wouldn't happen.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Ashlein said:
    But like I said, it's hard to find anything because you're not sure where it would belong. And besides, a full forum is something to be proud of. Unless half the topics are useless spam. Which it wouldn't happen.
    Then think of what you are looking for and think of the fourm it would be in or pm a staff like a mod.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Ashlein said:
    BUT WE'D RATHER NOT DO THAT, IT'S CONFUSING AND NOT FUN!!!!!!!!! >.<;

*Regains control* Sorry for the outburst...I get mad when I don't get through.
    Yeah but what youre suggesting will be more confusing and not fun at all.Get my point.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Ashlein said:
    Instead of two off-topic forums, why not just ONE, more GENERAL one? How about shedding some topics for specific things? Be more general, people will have an easier time posting correctly.
    We only have 1 off topic forum, and it's Other Chat. The Sub-Forums is a computer forum, a birthday forum and a game forum.
    They are not that hard. If your thread is a game then it goes in the game forum. If your thread is something about a computer then it goes in the computer forum. If it's a birthday thread then it goes in the birthday forum.
    Every thread has a place, think a little before posting the thread and you'll be in the right forum. And if you're not then a Mod will move it. That is what Staff is here for.

FaerieEsqueThing

FINLAND!
    Years
    BUT WHY? It's pointless to create so many. Newbies get confused. For off-topic you only need Off-Topic, Happy Birthday, and Computer thing maybe. And Fun Time is a GAME forum SPECIFICALLY? So much for accurate descriptions.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Ashlein said:
    BUT WHY? It's pointless to create so many. Newbies get confused. For off-topic you only need Off-Topic, Happy Birthday, and Computer thing maybe. And Fun Time is a GAME forum SPECIFICALLY? So much for accurate descriptions.
    That's why there are rules that are sticked in most of the froums to help the people.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Ashlein said:
    "Other Chat Trivia and Games" What's so hard about that? Any newbie on PC can see that and see games goes in there.
    But on the other hand newbies dosen't read the PC rules or the forum rules (like Mixed Community Groups has a few rules that is just for that forum). It would be a whole lot better is people would take a little time and read the forum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back