• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Staff Feedback Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
    Actually, moderators and administrators are chosen using two very different systems.

Members basically must excel in a certain part of the forum that needs moderation. The higher staff searches through the forum, and suggests all candidates they consider worthy. From there on, the decision is democratic, and the majority of higher staff members must agree before said person becomes a moderator.

I'm not too sure about administrators. I _think_ they contact Steve/Kwesi, and provide a link to their site, after which it'll be reviewed, and if both the member and the site are deemed acceptable, then the site becomes a community site, and the member becomes an administrator.

So, yeah. If you don't like a staff member, complain to the higher staff about it. XP

Years
    IMO, I think Funtime an Pokeland should use a Mod.

It's a bit busy (not a lot) and its Mods barely look in it (In fact, the only reason they have it is because they Mod OC; and if you mod a forum, you also get its subforums).

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
    I doubt FtiP will ever get a moderator. Sure, it's a busy area, but people think the fact that posts in there don't affect your postcount (how ironically stupid), they're allowed to SPAM at will. x_X;

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Elite Trainer Raven, don't start attacking someone for their actions on another forum please ^^;

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Crush on May said:
    IMO, I think Funtime an Pokeland should use a Mod.

It's a bit busy (not a lot) and its Mods barely look in it (In fact, the only reason they have it is because they Mod OC; and if you mod a forum, you also get its subforums).
    Couldnt you just ask Eli and Nick to be around there more and I have a question wouldnt be good it if there was a seperate pm box for reports.It makes more sense because it wont fill up the pm box for the staff and there could be a way that they can close the thread from there.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Mods rarely complain about their pm boxes filling up. If it ever became a serious issue with all mods, their box sizes would just be increased :3
    Without the report hack up at the moment, though, it's not really an issue ^^;

Bluchu

Pikablu's evolution
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Mar 25, 2005
    DF dadragonz said:
    Elite Trainer Raven, don't start attacking someone for their actions on another forum please ^^;
    Uh, he was defending himself because nicoleb was attacking people (mainly him) for their actions on other forums.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    But they didn't mention any names, so there's no need to start off discussions about it ^^; they were only saying they hope they have a better experience on PC

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    I have a question in the read before posting a FAQ sticky in CQand F and the FAQ shouldnt there be something about name changes.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Blue said:
    And that has what to do with the staff? Oo And that's not even a question XD
    A suggestion.It would imform members about name changes.And this thread is more of a fourm feedback thread.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    DF dadragonz said:
    Mods rarely complain about their pm boxes filling up. If it ever became a serious issue with all mods, their box sizes would just be increased :3
    Without the report hack up at the moment, though, it's not really an issue ^^;

You mean the hack is back up. That's great. *Goes on to report some threads*

Blue, this thread does go really OT, if you check up previous 20 pages ony 10 will be relevant. (I'm serious)

~ CC

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    I have a question staff.Have you been noticing threads that have links dont work after a while like 3 weeks in posts.Is that a problem or something.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    My previous post said:
    Without the report hack up at the moment
    <- so no it's not back up, CC XD

Megaditto, in the Technical Institute, we already have a guide about name changing ^^;

Not sure about the links ^^;

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    DF dadragonz said:
    <- so no it's not back up, CC XD

;

Sorry Claire, I did'nt read that well. *Missed the "out"*.

P.S Your Location, Custom Avatar ,etc appears too big.

~ CC

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    FTiP used to have a mod, somewhat ironically. Back when Austin (Dark Heaven etc.) was still here, he modded there.

Oh, and if you were going to demod me, couldn't you have done it before the presidential election, so I could run? (IIRC, I came third last time.)

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    Jedi_Amara said:
    FTiP used to have a mod, somewhat ironically. Back when Austin (Dark Heaven etc.) was still here, he modded there.

Oh, and if you were going to demod me, couldn't you have done it before the presidential election, so I could run? (IIRC, I came third last time.)

Why was J_A demodded, she was doing a good job was'nt she??

~ CC

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back