• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Staff Feedback Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
Years
  • EVA-01 said:
    Meh, why the lack of moderation in the rom-hacking board? I view nearly every new thread and quite a few need to be moved/edited and such. At one stage a thread was in Hacks Showcase for over a week, when it belonged in Game Developement, weird, I try to help out, but I think there should be a new mod, too many messy posts all over the place >.>;

I know, there are 4 main reasons to this
    1) Report Post button is Off - It's not exactly off but it sends emails and 1/2 of our mods don't exactly check Emails that regularly.

2) PIKA2 is kinda absent for a long time. I asked Jake this and he said that PIKA2 had given "Notice of Absence" for some time and he currently is having some problem.

3) Alexiz is really busy this month and he's not able to visit all forums.

4) Rom-Hacking is the most populated forum in PC(Atleast 2nd). It goes down only compared to Art Forum which has got 100 threads more than it. Also 14% of the newbies who join PC are newbie Rom-Hackers who don't know much things and they wildly post threads everywhere around.

Eva, I think you just PM Jake or Claire or anyother Praetor anything is wrong. Don't Report any post. It'll be really nice if Steve Installs the Report Post Hack to send PM's to mods. Things would get done uber fast here.

And Tyler it's not the flamiest. It's just that more newbies who don't bother to read the rules join there. And PC is the only Rom-Hacking(which has been running for quite sometime), which has a set of rules and does not allow flaming. If you goto other Rom-hacking Forums (No names), you'll see that words like "F", "Bit" and many are used just like "Fish", "Basket", etc.

Thus members who come here from those places to make their hack popular or to ask for help, spam and flame if they don't like things here which is perfectly legal in their forums.

Don't insult Rom-Hacking otherwise me & Eva'll get an army against you.LOL!

Edit : I have kinda an idea but I don't know how it'll work out. How about if we have an Advanced Hacking Forum like the RP and only those who get permission by the mods are allowed inside. (But I seriously know it'll never work out with the number of noobs we get)

~ CC

Last edited:

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Kyogre-chan said:
    It's true. The idea of postcount is to show how many posts you've made, so anti-postcount areas pretty much defeat the purpose of it.
    Well, a lot of people make posts in Fun Time in Pok?land. I sorta know you pretty much said this but anyway. If FTiP is supposed to be just games, not spam, then what's the point of turning post count off? It's not spammy so people can't spam in it for post count. It's just like any other forum but people have more fun in it. Besides, some members who only post in there have miniscule post counts but if post count there was turned back on there they'd have hundreds, even thousands, more.

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
  • Kylie: That's exactly my point.

And CC, open your eyes. It's the flamiest part of PC, tied with Strategies and Movesets. @@;

EVA-01

Looking at Mewthree's past
    Years
  • Well CC, that's why we need another mod >.>; because no mod+ other than Jake usually checks it out, and Alexiz is always busy, they definately need another mod. And I agree, alot of n00bs make their first post in the rom-hacking board, plus with all the sub-boards, ALOT of people post in the wrong board, all the time, and noone ever moves them...meh...

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    We've been talking about getting a new mod there (hacking) for a long while now, just never ended up agreeing on someone ^^;
    It'll be worked out soon, so don't worry ^^

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    A small suggestions.

DF dadragonz said:
    We've been talking about getting a new mod there (hacking) for a long while now, just never ended up agreeing on someone ^^;
    It'll be worked out soon, so don't worry ^^
    What about Cool Cr@cker. He already has a support group of people that wants him to be the next mod.He could be great for there. :rambo: .Just a though.

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
  • People aren't modded just because their friends want them to be. @@; Just let the higher staff find somebody. If they think CC's fit for the job, then he'll probably get the job.

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
  • MegaDitto said:
    What about Cool Cr@cker. He already has a support group of people that wants him to be the next mod.He could be great for there. :rambo: .Just a though.

MD I'm really flattered, but it's like what Ty said. An Expert panel consisting of all senior-moderators judge who is the most worthy on getting the position and other mods are asked for their opinion ( I think). It does'nt depend on popularity or members support. *If it did Ty would have been an Admin by now*.LOL!

By the way, can you show me any support group.

Anyway In response to your "Flamming" comment Ty,

A Cup is half-full or half-empty and that depends on how it appears before your eyes. Rom-Hacking is not a Flame Center but it is very very spammish due to the reasons I pointed out earlier. It also appears very cluttered. When these 2 factors combine, a forum looks flamish to outsiders who do not know much about it.

~ CC

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
  • I know the ROM hacking forum pretty well, 'twas apparently where I was going to mod in the first place. But, the point is that a lot of flame wars occur in there, and nobody attends to them. =\

/me suddenly wishes that promotions were based on popularity... *snicker* XD

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
  • Kyogre-chan said:
    I know the ROM hacking forum pretty well, 'twas apparently where I was going to mod in the first place.
    You were going to get Modded there. o_0.

KC said:
    But, the point is that a lot of flame wars occur in there, and nobody attends to them. =\
    Not all the time, but they do occur in there somewhat.

/me suddenly wishes that promotions were based on popularity... *snicker* XD
    Correct me if I'm wrong but last year before april or so, Mods were also chosen on the basis of Reputation and popularity among members too.
    I think so.

*Imagine's PC 's plight if that was the case**Snickers*

Oh! Well, all the best to whoever get's chosen there.

~ CC[/font]

EVA-01

Looking at Mewthree's past
    Years
  • CC, for the record, you used to advertise ALOT...XD but yeah, any dedicated mod will do, *points at a thread which needs to be moved, and another thread which title needs to be changed* XD

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Kyogre-chan said:
    People aren't modded just because their friends want them to be. @@; Just let the higher staff find somebody. If they think CC's fit for the job, then he'll probably get the job.
    I did not mean it that way.I think that he is miteral. :sleeping: And you were going to be the next mod there.I never saw you there even once.No offense.I dont mean it as anything mean.

Years
  • Either way it doesn't matter.If the upper staff see CC better fit for the job then he will get it instead of Ty.To the whole we get modded on friendship, look at one of our new mods.KS didn't come in contact with any upper staff, he just minded his own buisness and exceled in his forum.So go about doing that ^^.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    It'll be someone who is a hacker themselves and at least a semi-regular visiter, and who is a good member ^^

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    DarkShadowSmoke said:
    Either way it doesn't matter.If the upper staff see CC better fit for the job then he will get it instead of Ty.To the whole we get modded on friendship, look at one of our new mods.KS didn't come in contact with any upper staff, he just minded his own buisness and exceled in his forum.So go about doing that ^^.
    Actuaully he helped PNNSteve with getting fake cards miterals so he knew that he was going to be a mod.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Megaditto said:
    Actuaully he helped PNNSteve with getting fake cards miterals so he knew that he was going to be a mod.
    You do realise it's a democratic decision ^^; even if steve brings someone up, the rest of us all check their activity and posts and see whether we agree with the suggestion. Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't, and when we don't they aren't modded, so it's nothing to do with friendship ^^; we all tend to have different friend groups, so i wish people would stop assuming it's due to friendship ._.

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
  • DF dadragonz said:
    You do realise it's a democratic decision ^^; even if steve brings someone up, the rest of us all check their activity and posts and see whether we agree with the suggestion. Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't, and when we don't they aren't modded, so it's nothing to do with friendship ^^; we all tend to have different friend groups, so i wish people would stop assuming it's due to friendship ._.

This is one point that you moderators and above should really emphasise on. Many of PC's new members think popular members or those who are well known to higher mods get modded quickly. Actually what they should realise is that PC Mods members depending on the quality of posts, their maturity and other qualities mentioned.

These newbies should check out the posts of many Mods out there who are very popular and understand how wonderful they really are. Instead it's annoying to see them go behind mods, try to impress them and do all that kinda stuff.

~ CC

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • DF dadragonz said:
    It'll be someone who is a hacker themselves and at least a semi-regular visiter, and who is a good member ^^
    What about tool coders such as mewthree, interdepth... just to name some.

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • In most cases, those who are modded are knowN. Unlike me, some mods had no idea who I was, a long with other members (can't blame them, TCG section is not very active). But, posts that are good give you "points" sort of....I mean, the quality of posts and how mich you care about the thread your posting in gives you a better chance at being a mod. So far, it's been fun being a mod.

Mewthree is good, but i think there are people slightly better IMO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back