• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Stars of Sinnoh [OOC] [T]

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    My very first Roleplay sign-up! I hope my character design doesn't completely suck. I also hope I can make good posts as well :)

Name: Floyd Gray

Hometown: Canalave City, Sinnoh

Appearance: Average height, mostly dark hair, brown eyes. Blue pants, white t-shirt, black jacket.

Personality: Floyd can be a bit shy around new people, but he is more laid-back when he gets to know them. He can be a little clumsy sometimes, but means well and tries to look out for friends and Pokémon. He enjoys playing guitar, and sometimes his Mom's Chatot will join in. He may also get a bit nervous before Pokémon battles, but he still believes in his Pokémon so he usually doesn't turn down a trainer battle. He often lets his Pokémon roam free from their Poké Ball, as he prefers the company, especially on long hikes or trips.

Battle Style: Floyd generally focuses on hindering the opponent's Pokémon first with defence, and then using strong offence. This strategy can often be troubled by opponents who have other defensive Pokémon, or move faster than his Pokémon. He does not generally use a lot of status moves, only with his defence lead.

History: Floyd grew up in Jubilife City for the first 4 years of his life, before his parents moved to Canalave City, preferring the peace. His father got a fishing job just after the move, and would often take Floyd out with him on his boat. When Floyd was 9, his father once sailed with him to Iron Island. They didn't explore the island very much - his father had said it was too dangerous with the type of wild Pokémon that lived on the island.
    Floyd's father was friends with the Canalave gym leader, Byron. Floyd had always admired Byron's Steel-type Pokémon, particularly how shiny they looked (not Shiny form!). In his childhood, Floyd had imagined Byron polishing them to keep them so shiny.
    Growing up, Floyd spent a lot of time reading up on Sinnoh mythology at the Canalave Library. He learnt about the legendary Pokémon of Sinnoh - the Lunar Duo: Cresselia and Darkrai, the Lake Trio: Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf, the Creation Trio: Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, and the legendary being Arceus. He was fascinated by these myths, and always imagined being the first to see them.
    Floyd first got his female Fennekin for his 8th birthday, but his parents said he was too young to take care of it all by himself and whenever it was going outside of the house, one of Floyd's parents had to go along. By the time he was 14, Floyd was allowed to keep Fennekin with himself and use it in Pokémon battles.

Starter Pokemon:
    Stars of Sinnoh [OOC] [T]

Fennekin [Currently no nickname]
    -Ember
    -Psybeam
    -Tail Whip
    -Scratch
    -Howl
    -Iron Tail

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    So people are doing different things in regards to pokemon cries, but I personally prefer the in-game cries to saying their names.

I don't know if we have to come to a consensus about it? Like is it okay if I use in-game cry rather than writing the name like in the anime?

To remind people, shinx sounds like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKf_TdYUMyg

I think the general consensus is that people prefer the anime cries.(Most likely because they're easier to convey in text) That's not to stop you using the in-game ones though, it just a little strange that's all.

I personally prefer the anime ones. Yes there was a lot of bias in my response. I not scared to admit it

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    My very first Roleplay sign-up! I hope my character design doesn't completely suck. I also hope I can make good posts as well :)

Name: Floyd Gray

Hometown: Canalave City, Sinnoh

Appearance: Average height, mostly dark hair, brown eyes. Blue pants, white t-shirt, black jacket.

Personality: Floyd can be a bit shy around new people, but he is more laid-back when he gets to know them. He can be a little clumsy sometimes, but means well and tries to look out for friends and Pokémon. He enjoys playing guitar, and sometimes his Mom's Chatot will join in. He may also get a bit nervous before Pokémon battles, but he still believes in his Pokémon so he usually doesn't turn down a trainer battle. He often lets his Pokémon roam free from their Poké Ball, as he prefers the company, especially on long hikes or trips.

Battle Style: Floyd generally focuses on hindering the opponent's Pokémon first with defence, and then using strong offence. This strategy can often be troubled by opponents who have other defensive Pokémon, or move faster than his Pokémon. He does not generally use a lot of status moves, only with his defence lead.

History: Floyd grew up in Jubilife City for the first 4 years of his life, before his parents moved to Canalave City, preferring the peace. His father got a fishing job just after the move, and would often take Floyd out with him on his boat. When Floyd was 9, his father once sailed with him to Iron Island. They didn't explore the island very much - his father had said it was too dangerous with the type of wild Pokémon that lived on the island.
    Floyd's father was friends with the Canalave gym leader, Byron. Floyd had always admired Byron's Steel-type Pokémon, particularly how shiny they looked (not Shiny form!). In his childhood, Floyd had imagined Byron polishing them to keep them so shiny.
    Growing up, Floyd spent a lot of time reading up on Sinnoh mythology at the Canalave Library. He learnt about the legendary Pokémon of Sinnoh - the Lunar Duo: Cresselia and Darkrai, the Lake Trio: Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf, the Creation Trio: Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, and the legendary being Arceus. He was fascinated by these myths, and always imagined being the first to see them.
    Floyd first got his female Fennekin for his 8th birthday, but his parents said he was too young to take care of it all by himself and whenever it was going outside of the house, one of Floyd's parents had to go along. By the time he was 14, Floyd was allowed to keep Fennekin with himself and use it in Pokémon battles.

Starter Pokemon:
    Stars of Sinnoh [OOC] [T]

Fennekin [Currently no nickname]
    -Ember
    -Psybeam
    -Tail Whip
    -Scratch
    -Howl
    -Iron Tail

I recommend googling a reference picture for the appearance section, or expanding on it, but when you've done that, I'll accept you.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I'm not really sure exactly what to do for it. I know it's short, but how should I expand on it?

Easiest thing to do is just look for an image. A picture says more than a thousand words, right? Using Google or randomly browsing through a site like DeviantArt is an easy way to find one.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    So, I've been kinda slacking with this RP, but I don't want it to die. I am working on a post for my character, but progress is slow, as I am a bit uninspired. I read all posts, but posting from my phone is a bit hard, so that's why I forgot to confirm people their catches. That's why I'm wondering if anyone is up for helping me GM this thing, especially because my finals are coming up.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • So, I've been kinda slacking with this RP, but I don't want it to die. I am working on a post for my character, but progress is slow, as I am a bit uninspired. I read all posts, but posting from my phone is a bit hard, so that's why I forgot to confirm people their catches. That's why I'm wondering if anyone is up for helping me GM this thing, especially because my finals are coming up.

I'm also a bit out of inspiration lately, but I'll try to write something soon.

If you need I co-GM, I'll apply. Good luck with your finals!

Years
  • I've been having major writer's block, which is why I haven't posted at all, but I'll try to write something at school since that's where all my inspiration is. @~@

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I'm also a bit out of inspiration lately, but I'll try to write something soon.

If you need I co-GM, I'll apply. Good luck with your finals!

Okay then, great! Sharing the workload will probably make sure that every capture post can be dealt with faster.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I recommend googling a reference picture for the appearance section, or expanding on it, but when you've done that, I'll accept you.
    I'm still going to try to get this done. But I can't think of much even if I do finish the signup - I feel kind of slumped with creative writing lately, and I've been doing other stuff. I will try my best to continue this, but right now I don't have the inspiration :(.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I'm still going to try to get this done. But I can't think of much even if I do finish the signup - I feel kind of slumped with creative writing lately, and I've been doing other stuff. I will try my best to continue this, but right now I don't have the inspiration :(.

Well, the appearance isn't extremely important. I'd like a more detailed description at some point, but you can just start writing your post, haha.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I set up my last post so that my next one may be a possible JP if anyone is interested.

On another note, I'd like to know who has already completed the objective, and if everyone is still in. I'll give everyone 2 weeks to post a new IC post, and if those don't happen I assume they aren't in the RP anymore. If something is preventing you from doing so, state it here, or send me a PM :)

Etherion

I set up my last post so that my next one may be a possible JP if anyone is interested.

On another note, I'd like to know who has already completed the objective, and if everyone is still in. I'll give everyone 2 weeks to post a new IC post, and if those don't happen I assume they aren't in the RP anymore. If something is preventing you from doing so, state it here, or send me a PM :)

Already completed the objective, it is required to post another IC post?

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Already completed the objective, it is required to post another IC post?

It is not, but you aren't just in this RP to complete objectives right? You can interact with NPC's and players, and go on your own adventures too.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    It seems as though Dom isnt coming back any time soon. (:( We had a really fun gimmick)
    Since he isnt I guess I'll start working on a post for tomorrow or later today.

Etherion

Pm'ed Likarus about continuing our JP, but if he doesn't respond, I'll make a post alone...

doge

???
    Years
  • Soo is anyone interested in doing a joint post? We could do one of the optional objectives or battle or something :p

Back