• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Starter Pokémon Fanclub

Favourite Starters?

• Total voters

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I'd have Enbouh (or however you spell it, lol) be fire/dark. He just looks the type to me. But I would love for Charizard to be an actual dragon type.

I don't really know what I'd replace the starters with, really. Unless I could replace them with pokemon of different types I really wouldn't replace any of them. They just seem to get more boring as the time goes on. I definitely wouldn't change any on the first 2 generations of starters, though. I'm not that fond of the fourth gen. starters, so if I think a bit more, I could probably easily replace them to my liking. Same with the newest ones...

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    If you had to, which starter would you delete and replace it with what?

How's that?

I would Delete Chimchar and replace him with.....Slugma......add an extra evo there and boom....your done!

Ummm let's see. Replace Turtwig with Roselia or something, since imo, Turtwig's final evolution looks like Venusaur. XD;

Xilfer123: Imma keep you on the list anyway, but you don't need to post often, once a year will do~

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    If you had to, which starter would you delete and replace it with what?
    That is a hard one, but I say none. I can't think of any Pokemon that can replace one of the current starters.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • If you had to, which starter would you delete and replace it with what?
    hmm tough one I think if I had to I would replace Chikorita with either the Hoppip line or the oddish line

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

• If you could change the typings for the final evolutions of any of the starters, which Pokemon would you change the typings of?
    Emboar- Fire/dark
    Jalorda- Grass/dragon
    Blastoise- Water/rock

Bulbasaur- Grass only

Thanks for adding me =)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Out of all starter final evos, which one is the strongest in your opinion?
    Infernape. It's obvious though. xD Awesome mix-attacker and choice scarf user.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • @AshPikastar
    This is actually considered as spam/offtopic...

New topic:
    Out of all starter final evos, which one is the strongest in your opinion?

Woops. Sorry about that.

Topic: Infernape would have to be the strongest. It has a good ability like Blaze. Next it would have to be Torterra.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • IMO it's Charizard!
    It doesn't even need to battle... as soon as it steps in, all the other starters faint cause of it's epicness!!! :P
    006Charizard.png

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Lol if my mom was here she would probably pick Charizard since that is her favorite Pokemon. His shiny form is also pretty awesome as well.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Out of all starter final evos, which one is the strongest in your opinion?

I would say...
    Empoleon, because of its SpA and its defensive stats. It's Surf is ownage, and Aqua Jet is good too. Plus the Stell gives it immunity to Grass types, So grass knot won't hurt it as much.
    images
    Oh Yeah <3

BlueHighwind

EEEEEEVEEEEEE
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    For me.......A 3 way tie between Typhlosion, Swampert, and Empoleon.

If you use them in battle all together, you win. Period.

Years
  • I want to join as well! ^_^

★ Which is your favourite starter and why?
    Snivy! Ewww.. that name. I prefer Tsutaja. Reasons? Snakes are awesome! Excluding those horrible snake Pokemon like Ekans and Seviper.

★ If you could choose to get rid of one starter forever, which one would it be & why (considering what everyone else wants)?

Bulbasaur. Even though I love grass type Pokemon, this one looks horrible to me. >_>

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Welcome Regeneration!

New topic:

If you could change the type of the starters what would it be?

Instead of having grass, water, and fire, I think it should be: Electric, Dark, and Ice.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • It really shouldn't be changed, it's definitely fine the way it is. Tradition and nostalgia are important parts of long-running franchises, and Pokémon is no exception.

And if they're gonna change it anyway, it should be Fire - Ice - Electric. Not necessarily balanced, but just the main elements of the Pokémon world.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • I do nee the point in changing the starter's types, and not make it ballanced.
    Besides, what makes you think that those are main elements of Pokemon world?!
    I've got another combo:
    Water - Electric - Ground

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • Well, if you want it balanced, you need to make it well-balanced. You can't use Dark and Psychic, because Dark is immune. Same with Electric and Ground. Also, if you want a completely different rock-paper-scissors trio, you can't use types that were already in the original.

Regarding the main elements thingy... Blizzard, Thunder, Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Magmar, Electabuzz, Jynx, Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, and so forth... I probably missed some, too.

Back