• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starters, starters

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
Years
  • I choose Froakie. For the longest time, I was going to pick Chespin, but then I saw what Chesnaught looked like and didn't like it. This caused me to change my first gen starter. normally pick Bulbasaur, but instead I choose Charmander to help Froakie's weakness. Well, now I have a Charizard though, so that's awesome.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I hate to say it, but I really dislike this batch of final evos, despite the fact the starters themselves were pretty cute. ;~; I like Greninja the most, though, so I went with Froakie.

Years
  • I chose Froakie - when I first saw the starters I was completely in love with Fennekin as I'd been waiting for an awesome fox ever since Vulpix/Ninetales, but then as the middle evolutions were released I really didn't like the direction its line was going whereas I thought Frogadier looked awesome and I was never particularly drawn to Chespin or its evos.

I let it get to a Greninja and then after that replaced it with a Vaporeon but it lasted a lot longer on my team compared to the previous couple of generations' starters :) Also I have to say, the anime has made me really like Froakie, I love its personality :)

Final reason for choosing it: the legendary birds!! :) I wanted Moltres :)

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen yesterday
    I chose Fenneken because I liked it's basic look the best out of the three, I learned to love it's later evolutions later on.

Also I chose grass in Gen 3 and Gen 5 as my starters and hadn't chosen fire since Gen 2.

I didn't give it a nickname since i don't usually give Pokemon nicknames.

It wasn't a hard choice not picking Chespin though, not after it's later evolutions were revealed. Not a huge fan of the water starters made after Gen 1 so Froakie was never in the running.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I went with Fennekin for my first playthrough. It was an alright Pokemon! Could have gone for Froakie but I preferred its Protean ability instead of Torrent.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2014
    I had decided on choosing Fennekin for my first playthrough as soon as it was announced.
    For my second playthrough I chose Chespin since I had been using Greninja pretty often in wifi battles on my other copy.

Years
  • I chose Fennekin because I usually stick to fire-types, although I reset my game and played again with Froakie. Fennekin was, in my opinion, my favorite of the two, although I love Greninja's design.

Years
  • Chespin! Took a lot of resets to get a female but worth it. I don't like its evolutions at all but Chespin itself is just so cute. Wanted to aim for a shiny but that would've taken waaay too much of my time and no way was I going to hold off playing for so long. xD;

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    The first time I played through Pokémon X, I chose Froakie as my starter. From he day the new starters were released, he was my favorite looking aesthetically. Furthermore, I loved his final evolution, Greninja, and was even more excited for him to be a main character in Super Smash Bros. 4 for the Nintendo Wii U and 3DS. I never gave little Froakie a nickname, but if I had it probably would've been something like "Xplosion" or "Ninja King". My next favorite Pokémon starter from generation 6 would have to be Fennekin! The Pokémon is just really pretty and I like the final evolution a lot as well, mirroring to be a mage-like Pokémon. I would nickname her Hermione. ^^

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2018
    As I would always start with fire starters, this time I went with Froakie.. Only cause of its final form greninja.. Its looks awesome waving Ninpo hand signs before it attacks. I called mine hikigaeru.

Back