• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stop Internet Bullying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    That was not really called for and I think you know it. When waging war on the trolls, always take care not to become one yourself.

"And incidentally...you're the kind of person trolls love." The paragraph starting with this ticked me off, so naturally I shot back. Sorry about that.

Won't work, I'm afraid, not unless we sterilize the survivors so they don't breed and start plunking out new trolls and then we've wiped out humanity which seems just a tad...erm...overblown? x3 I'm ethically opposed to killing anyway; once you kill a person for a good reason you're only a step away from doing it for a bad one as well. Some of the world's worst villains believed themselves to be saviors of humanity, you know.

So like, if you've already admitted that nothing short of Nazi tactics will get rid of trolls, why do you insist on bashing those of us who believe that we should focus on dealing with what we're stuck with rather than whining about why we can't change it?

That last paragraph also ticks me off. Take your own advice before giving it to others.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    This isn't an argument between you two, think, you're arguing over some stupid thing in a poor dead girl's thread. Have you no decency?

I'll be honest. I wish I were more "decent". But like I said, humans don't change. They're just too afraid the world will end if they do.

Being honest again, I wish it would. Maybe then we can start over and get things right. Humans are cruel, savage, selfish creatures; we're a mistake that should never have been made. This story about Megan is just one example out of over 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 and counting.

Years
    I'll be honest. I wish I were more "decent". But like I said, humans don't change. They're just too afraid the world will end if they do.

Being honest again, I wish it would. Maybe then we can start over and get things right. Humans are cruel, savage, selfish creatures; we're a mistake that should never have been made. This story about Megan is just one example out of over 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 and counting.

It may be one out of a lot of other death stories, but that doesn't give you the right to disrespect one in a million. Also, "Cruel, savage, selfish creatures". Humans do make mistakes, but since when are they ALL cruel, savage and selfish?

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    It may be one out of a lot of other death stories, but that doesn't give you the right to disrespect one in a million. Also, "Cruel, savage, selfish creatures". Humans do make mistakes, but since when are they ALL cruel, savage and selfish?

Everyone has that side of them. There's no such thing as an exception to that rule. Whether you show that side or not doesn't matter to me.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    Everyone has that side of them. There's no such thing as an exception to that rule. Whether you show that side or not doesn't matter to me.

Then we're all trolls, so we should all be involved in this genocide, shouldn't we?

Genocide
    over joking about a dead girl is really pretty harsh, especially if you're serious.

Trolls love to poke fun at people like you because you're offended by them so easily. I would know this especially well because I used to be easily trolled. Now I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. :D (Of course, I don't use my trolling powers here, clearly because I don't want to be banned.)

The internet is a cruel world with trolls everywhere to make things worse for people who get butthurt over this kind of stuff easily. Taking everything on the internet so seriously can sometimes lead to serious things happening, like this girl did, and then eternal mockery into the afterlife. :I

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    Then we're all trolls, so we should all be involved in this genocide, shouldn't we?

Genocide
    over joking about a dead girl is really pretty harsh, especially if you're serious.

Trolls love to poke fun at people like you because you're offended by them so easily. I would know this especially well because I used to be easily trolled. Now I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. :D (Of course, I don't use my trolling powers here, clearly because I don't want to be banned.)

The internet is a cruel world with trolls everywhere to make things worse for people who get butthurt over this kind of stuff easily. Taking everything on the internet so seriously can sometimes lead to serious things happening, like this girl did, and then eternal mockery into the afterlife. :I

I'm harsh by nature, because my life's been harsh to me. It's only fair I return the favor.

I guess we could just bomb the Internet and do without it for the rest of the human race's reign.

Well, meh. The fact of the matter is, laws regarding Internet bullying MUST be put in place and enforced with an iron fist.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    I'm harsh by nature, because my life's been harsh to me. It's only fair I return the favor.

I guess we could just bomb the Internet and do without it for the rest of the human race's reign.

Well, meh. The fact of the matter is, laws regarding Internet bullying MUST be put in place and enforced with an iron fist.

What kind of laws?

I mean, how on earth would anyone be able to do that kind of thing? It'd be near impossible. Not to mention it would be restrictive.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    What kind of laws?

I mean, how on earth would anyone be able to do that kind of thing? It'd be near impossible. Not to mention it would be restrictive.

I'm still working on that. At the very least, it should be required by law to have a psychologically stable mind to be allowed online, and you can't be online drunk. To determine that, people all over the world with Internet access and those looking to get it would have to pass an examination. We'd also have to find an effective way to prohibit alcohol, though that's next to impossible.

Let's build a time machine while we're at it. God, I hate difficult problems like this. =\

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Waker of Chaos, I take your intention as sound but history demonstrates extreme ideas as very dangerous.

Rather than trying to take away freedoms from people in public places, you create private land and only give particular freedoms.

This forum is an example of such. Kwesi and the administrators have given us rights that create an atmosphere that we want to communicate with one another with. There is no bullying at the PC.

MySpace is an example where every right has been given and chaos is the result. As a result, bullying is likely to occur more frequently there. If you really want to have psychologically stable people posting on an online community, you only let those people into your forum, email and website.

Don't destroy what we have, build something new!

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    Waker of Chaos, I take your intention as sound but history demonstrates extreme ideas as very dangerous.

Rather than trying to take away freedoms from people in public places, you create private land and only give particular freedoms.

This forum is an example of such. Kwesi and the administrators have given us rights that create an atmosphere that we want to communicate with one another with. There is no bullying at the PC.

Well, extreme ideas is all I get, soooo...

SilencedShooter

Revenga
    Years
    I think being screened before going online.....is a very silly idea.

If we were screened before going online we would basically have no internet rights. I like the internet. I don't know who anybody is, and they don't know who I am. It makes me feel safe. And as for trolls, I ignore them. I can only take so much abuse before I'm like "Alright. This person has issues, and I think i'll quit talking to them." I know it's not that easy for everybody, and a lot of people will react in harsher ways, but being screened before going online wouldn't help. Anybody could pass the test/exam/whatever to go online, and then still become a troll later. Troll's are a part of internet life, and if more people just ignored them, they wouldn't troll for long, as they would see no fun it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    ..I'm sorry dude, at first this thread made alot of sense, but now what your saying just seems kinda retarded irrational.

Dude, bullying is always gonna happen, and you're not gonna recruit some kind of cult on a pokemon forum to stop it. I'm not sure if you were joking about the genocide thing, but if you were serious about that, I think the last thing you should be worrying about in life right now is about internet bullying ._.

yeah sure..let's just all die in the name of JUSTICE!! Sorry dude, if your life honestly sucks that much that you want to kill yourself over someone flaming you online, then go for it, but i sure as hell won't be there.

Shortly put: Internet bullying should be acknowledged, but bullying will always happen, and some of your "approaches" to this topic are just..stupid..in so many different ways..

Years
    ..I'm sorry dude, at first this thread made alot of sense, but now what your saying just seems kinda retarded irrational.

Dude, bullying is always gonna happen, and you're not gonna recruit some kind of cult on a pokemon forum to stop it. I'm not sure if you were joking about the genocide thing, but if you were serious about that, I think the last thing you should be worrying about in life right now is about internet bullying ._.

yeah sure..let's just all die in the name of JUSTICE!! Sorry dude, if your life honestly sucks that much that you want to kill yourself over someone flaming you online, then go for it, but i sure as hell won't be there.

Shortly put: Internet bullying should be acknowledged, but bullying will always happen, and some of your "approaches" to this topic are just..stupid..in so many different ways..

He doesn't listen does he? I tried saying the same thing to him... This thread has gone way off from where it started, and now he's just arguing with everyone really.

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
    Years
    I agree with Toki. There's always gonna be some instances of bullying going on at one time or another in some kind of shape. Although I really don't approve of any type of bullying, I have to say that internet bullies make me laugh. If I was bullied by someone on the internet, I wouldn't think much about it. Just a bit of verbal abuse, not like I haven't been there before. It's not like the bully's gonna go through my computer and give me an atomic wedgie or anything.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    This is ridiculous...

If a person committed suicide over a Myspace message, they had mental problems to start off with.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years

He doesn't listen does he? I tried saying the same thing to him... This thread has gone way off from where it started, and now he's just arguing with everyone really.

If you're just going to call me stupid, get off the thread. I don't see either of you actually doing anything about this problem. At least I'm throwing ideas out there, albeit bad ones. At least I'm trying to think of ways to end it for good. What do you do? You say, "Oh, that's too bad," and move on without a second thought.

You're just as evil as that Drew idiot who caused Megan to kill herself.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Relyt was not calling you stupid

The fact is, you cannot do anything about this problem. You are some idiot person who is either bored or completely out of line

You will never get anything done by yelling at people with that kind of an attitude, its called Constructive Criticism

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    Relyt was not calling you stupid

The fact is, you cannot do anything about this problem. You are some idiot person who is either bored or completely out of line

You will never get anything done by yelling at people with that kind of an attitude, its called Constructive Criticism

And you will stop posting on this thread. Now.

By the way, it was Toki_Wartooth who called me stupid. Get your facts straight.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back