• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious Stress, instability and crime in the wake of the pandemic

Years
  • Hey all. Earlier someone set some garbage on fire in our apartment. It's a long building and it was on the opposite side so we suffered no damage, I'm ok.

But as me, my mom and a couple of family friends were sitting in mom's jeep waiting to go back in, we started thinking about how the pandemic is affecting everyone. How the mental health system has gotten worse and people have gotten on edge, stressed, and unsure of the future. We wondered if this was because of the pandemic, because people ARE angry and on edge.

What are your thoughts? What do you think should be done to help people during these times? Do you feel your country/area is doing enough? How has COVID affected you?

Years
    • Seen today
    Our area started ignoring the cases and decided to suddenly open everything. Pretty much all businesses and entertainment facilities are open at near full capacity, stores have gotten incredibly crowded too. Schools are being pushed to open by the end of next month.

Years
  • I'm sorry that happened to you Dimitri. I hope you and your family are safe.

In my area, people are wearing masks in public because it's required I guess. I mean I agree with masks and I wear mine. Things are pretty much back to life...I want to say...80%?

My school has been very weird this year. They let like 50% of the student population back in for in person learning only for half the day. I unfortunately and for reasons best unexplained am forced to wait for the okay with the other 50% to go back in. It's not fair. My favorite teacher quit, and i'm afraid to see if my second favorite teacher quit or not because of the pandemic and being out of work for so long. To my knowledge, half the teachers have been replaced. And I heard the clubs like band and other clubs have been discontinued for an indefinite amount of time. My school is just weird ya'll.

My temper got worse. I gained weight. My sleep is off. Ugh, i'm a mess.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • some of the stuff i'm hearing about in the cities is kind of scary. i'm glad i live outside the city.

the political stuff is really depressing. people are getting so much more polarized and hostile. it feels like nobody can disagree with each other peacefully anymore. i mean people were never good at that, but now it feels like everyone's at each other's throats over any kind of disagreement. i've stopped talking about politics at this point because it's just too depressing. i just don't want to think about it anymore.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I think that the pandemic is a contributing factor yeah. It's the one thing that has affected everyone and that no one can escape from. Many people weren't prepared to handle something like this. It's not the only factor though, at least in the US. There's also the protests, the western 1/5th of the country is literally on fire (again), and in less than 2 months we have an election with no remotely good outcome.

2020's kinda been a shitty year

Back