• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestions for additions to Getting Started thread

Shinygir

YAY! WE'RE DOOMED!
Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I can't download Advanced Map 1.95 the site its on; my antivirus is saying in is a threat.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I can't download Advanced Map 1.95 the site its on; my antivirus is saying in is a threat.

Hmm odd - my computer liked the link without putting much of a fuss. It's definitely the correct one too. If you're having problems perhaps try googling for another mirror or try a multitool download such as here.

Years
  • I can't download Advanced Map 1.95 the site its on; my antivirus is saying in is a threat.

I have the link here, but it has a modified ini for Emerald. I modified the ini because A-map corrupts the sound in Emerald. And, um, it doesn't look automatically for free space. You can check or uncheck them in the settings tab.

Download

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    Hi, I'm new to this site and rom hacking in general, and just wanted to say thank you very much! This thread has been extremely helpful and I'm glad I started with it. You've provided a great base for me to start with, the title truly says it all.

Thank you again for putting all of this together!

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2015
    As a "Noob" ( i do not in any way find this offensive so please lay off him for it) I found this amazingly helpful and it has become a favored bookmark; First on my list right under my home button! I truely truely appriciate this post lengthy maybe but i wouldn't have you shorten it for anything. It is very Explanitory and in my opinion engrossing (not sure if im using that word correctly) anyways Once again THANK YOU!

Awesome Post

Sincerely
    -Johnvry-

Link4799

Gage Linkous
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2016
    Hey thanks so much! I've wanted to try rom hacking for awhile ever since i first played my first hack, dark rising. I can't wait to play around with the tools. I'm gonna go for small projects, just to play with the tools, like adding in the Gible line (one of my favorites; if pokemon was real i'd want gible for a starter xD) so thanks a lot!

BadEgg~

Pokémon: Volant Version Developer
    Years
  • Appreciate this man. I've just come back from a 3 year hiatus and this has reminded me of the key things required in hacking. Having to reteach myself key skills is all part of the fun I suppose, and it'll allow me to do things better this time around!

Cheers ;3

Back