• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sun Legend or Moon Legend?

Solgaleo or Lunaala?

• Total voters

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
Years
  • Yes, my notifications box can see you're very passionate about it!

Sun Legend or Moon Legend?

Lmfao had to edit the post like 3 times. We all need to feel important sometimes though, right ;)

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    While neither of them leave me particularly awestruck the way certain other mascots have, I do think the idea of a bat legendary is cool, especially with the wingspan resembling a crescent moon. Looking at the box art up close, I do think the bat has a rather cute face. I'll probably grow more attached to it as time goes on. The lion has cool aspects but I'm not feeling really drawn to it.

Pretty Wing

きれいなハネ
    Years
  • Lunaala is a beautiful, eerie and foreboding looking creature! I can't wait to learn more about it, I'm certainly going to train one! Solgaleo is also lovely and rather glamorous, but as mentioned previously it gives me a Digimon vibe that I'm not particularly as fond of.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Not really a fan of either really. their color schemes are just weird... I do like Sun mascot better though.

I'd like the Moon one more if it had a tail and didn't look so weirdly proportioned, but then it'd basically be a Yveltal clone so I get why they did that.

Years
  • You know, looking at the poll and Lunaala's huge lead I wouldn't be surprised if Moon ends up as the more popular version.

Years
  • I'm definitely going to get Moon version so I can snag Lunaala. Not only does it look awesome, but its ability, Multiscale, means it might have some competitive use, which I'm always a fan of.

Years
  • I know Lunala may have 2 quadruple weaknesses but that won't deter me from still playing Moon as my main version. Poor thing will get frowned down upon by the competitive community though...

Years
  • Keep in mind, Dragonite (which also has a quad weakness) is competitively viable owing to Multiscale and an extensive movepool, but Lunalaa's double quad weakness might sink it to UU or lower depending on its stat spread and movepool.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I know Lunala may have 2 quadruple weaknesses but that won't deter me from still playing Moon as my main version. Poor thing will get frowned down upon by the competitive community though...

Rayquaza did pretty well with having one 4x weakness. It's Mega's ability helped cover that weakness up. Depending on how much it's ability weakens the first move (most likely a super effective one) it could make or break it. Maybe it having 2 4x weaknesses will be a good thing if it's ability turns out better than Multiscale. Also Psychic and Ghost are good types to use in competitive.

Years
  • Keep in mind, Dragonite (which also has a quad weakness) is competitively viable owing to Multiscale and an extensive movepool, but Lunalaa's double quad weakness might sink it to UU or lower depending on its stat spread and movepool.

The main issue people think why Lunala will suffer is due to the common presence of moves like Knock Off and Sucker Punch. Lunala also doesn't have many resistances either, only resisting Poison and having immunity to Normal and Fighting.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The main issue people think why Lunala will suffer is due to the common presence of moves like Knock Off and Sucker Punch. Lunala also doesn't have many resistances either, only resisting Poison and having immunity to Normal and Fighting.

Sucker Punch tends to be used early on in battle, so it could survive one with it's bulk and potentially do great harm to the opponent. Hopefully Lunaala get's recover or Moonlight and gets great speed. Imagine this "Darkrai uses Sucker punches, Lunaala uses Moon Blast against it, OHKO. Yvetal comes out. Lunaala uses recovery causing sucker punch to fail. Yvetal uses Sucker punch, it's weakened, Lunaala uses Moon Blast, causing it to reach critical HP." Of course it all depends on it's bulk and HP. Maybe it'll even get Roost despite not being flying.

Years
  • Sucker Punch tends to be used early on in battle, so it could survive one with it's bulk and potentially do great harm to the opponent. Hopefully Lunaala get's recover or Moonlight and gets great speed. Imagine this "Darkrai uses Sucker punches, Lunaala uses Moon Blast against it, OHKO. Yvetal comes out. Lunaala uses recovery causing sucker punch to fail. Yvetal uses Sucker punch, it's weakened, Lunaala uses Moon Blast, causing it to reach critical HP." Of course it all depends on it's bulk and HP. Maybe it'll even get Roost despite not being flying.

Speaking of Moonlight, if these legendaries don't get Moonlight and Morning Sun I could imagine the fan outrage. Lunala getting Moonblast also seems logical (even if it won't be STAB'd), and Roost could work given it's a winged creature and most Pokemon with wings learn the move, even the ones that aren't Flying-type.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I am with Lunala!
    I like the unique design to her, though the lack of legs like someone's mentioned earlier though.
    Still, it's so easy to get both mascots nowadays anyway.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • Lunala definitly. It looks amazing and Beautiful! Poor Solgaleo only got 9 votes. Lunala is definitly more popular and I can understand why. Its Amazing!

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • Solgaleo looks really awesome though, but I prefer Lunala.

It's weird, I usually prefer the legends of the cold colored versions. With the exception of Yveltal and Zekrom.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I like both. I think both are good in design and type (even though Solgaleo is not/weak to fire)

Years
  • I really like Lunala. I think that I am going to go with Moon first, and then Sun.

I like both of their designs though.

Back