• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sun Legend or Moon Legend?

Solgaleo or Lunaala?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2021
    Which do you like better Solgaleo or Lunala? I Like Lunala better because of her beautiful design. Lunala is my favorite Pokemon tied with Braixen, Charizard and Reshiram!

Solgaleo
    Classification: Sunne Pokemon
    Type: Psychic/Steel
    Ability: Full Metal Body (Prevents Stats from being lowered by opponents moves or ability.)
    Height: 11'02"
    Weight: 507.1 lbs.
    Signature Move: Sunsteel Strike (Disregardes the opponents ability.)

Lunala
    Classification: Moone Pokemon
    Type: Psychic/Ghost
    Ability: Shadow Shield (Reduces damage done to Lunala when Lunala has full HP.)
    Height: 13'01"
    Weight: 264.6 lbs
    Signature Move: Moongeist Beam (Disregardes the opponents ability.)

Phase names for the legendary Pokemon when they use their signature moves: Radiant Sun Phase and Full Moon Phase there are also artworks of them.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2016
    I'd have to say I like the lion mascot better, which will lead to me getting the Sun version. It's not the best design, however, I don't like the look of Moon's mascot at all.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Both of them don't particularly stand out to me much right now. If I had to choose I'd probably say the Moon Legendary considering how it's more of a unique looking Pokemon.

Years
  • As of right now, the lion. By only a little bit, honestly.

Bat is cool, but for some reason its lack of feet bothers me. :( I don't know why.

(Wouldn't be surprised if I changed my mind later on and bat became my favorite, but this is how things are as of right now.)

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Lunaala's design is a lot more clever with how its wings form a crescent/full moon shape. Solgaleo is just...a white lion?

Rin Sohma

Walking on the beach with her Vaporeon
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Mar 31, 2017
    I like Lunaala, I'm glad because since Diamond I've been buying the "dark" version of the games. Solgaleo was a huge hit with my little cousin though.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Lunaala is gorgeous. Solgaleo looks too much like SaberLeomon to me.

pkmin3033

The Sun mascot. Two words: WHITE TIGERZORD.

I don't mind the Moon bat, but it just looks like a Mega Noivern to me. I'm not overly fond of any of the bat Pokemon, and whilst it hasn't outright put me off the game, Moon is now going to have the better set of exclusives for me to play it first.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I think Lunaala looks a lot better and more threatening. (in a mystical sense, I'll concede that Solgaleo would probably be better at outright destroying you)

I guess my point being:

Solgaleo = Death
    Lunaala = Fate worse than death

That's the vibe I get from them. Which is why I find Lunaala more promising. Although when it comes to the actual game they'll probably be similar in what they can do.

Solgaleo is ok but as much as I love a lot of fakemon designs, it kind of reminds me of a lot of fakemon legendaries and not in a good way. I can't bring myself to like this guy.

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
  • Solgaleo for sure. It just looks so... majestic... so COOL.

The other one:

CiGKTOSU4AA6OYL.png

PFFFffftttttFFFtttttt

Lunaala is the sex, baby. I've always been drawn to mysterious/mystical looking Pokemon (sort of) and Lunaala fits that description perfectly imo. That's what a legendary Pokemon should be. Maybe it looks like mega noivern but I'm fairly certain we've seen a few lion/tiger Pokemon too...

Anyway, Lunaala all the way!

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    Lunaala looks cooler than Solgaleo on the box art, but Solgaleo was more badass in the trailer when they actually showed them in action. I preordered Sun version so I gotta go w/ Solgaleo.

Back