• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [Super]-Secret Bases!

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Or they could do the same as Friend Safari where you can see the list of Secret Bases depending on the location your friends made them.

Years
  • So um again, will we be only battling NPC versions of whoever owns the secret base? And could this possibly replace WiFi battles? Oh, and do you think we will get to pick our secret pals team

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I guess the secret base is not here to replace the WiFi battles but more to make your own gym. people will now be able to make the Dark Type gym they wanted for so long.

The WiFi will obviously stay.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Do you guys think that we'll be able to use basically any tree/wall/etc. to make a secret base out of? Reason I ask is the whole friend feature. What would happen if there were the same amount of places you could make a base as in RSE and you and your friend used the same location? I think they'll make it somewhat like the underground in DPPt where you could dig into any wall. I think you'll be able to climb into almost any tree and break down any rock wall you want to reduce the chances that you and a friend use the exact same location.

In RSE, if you and your friend have the same, exact location, their base wouldn't be shown. They're probably going to keep it this way, I think.

Years
  • I seriously hope you can pick your team you will have in your secret base, and the team that your secret pals will have. ;-;

Years
  • I seriously hope you can pick your team you will have in your secret base, and the team that your secret pals will have. ;-;

Why would you want to pick the team that your secret pals bring to the battle? That wouldn't be very fun for them, haha d:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Why would you want to pick the team that your secret pals bring to the battle? That wouldn't be very fun for them, haha d:
    "Yourself" has challenged you!

"Yourself" brings out Magikarp!

"Hey, wait, I didn't catch that..."

Tepig003

Ruler of the Keronians
    Years
  • I think it would be awesome if everyone had the ability to set up a Pokemon tournament with the Super Secret Bases and keep the scores.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I didn't know what that I clicked the like button, I am new to this forum.

Years
  • Why would you want to pick the team that your secret pals bring to the battle? That wouldn't be very fun for them, haha d:

It wouldn't effect them any. Considering the ones in your secret base are NPCs.
    Plus, unless you get the secret pals via street pass or bar code, you likely don't talk to them, so you have no way to tell them what team to pick for your base, not only that, but we don't know how thier teams will update in your base, if it's via WiFi, they will likely never have the same team. Not to mention how your team will update for them.
    I'm starting to think the gym thing is stupid for this reason

Years
  • They aren't NPCs, they just look like common trainers so that you can differentiate them. They're all players as well, and will have the ability to pick their own teams when challenging your Pokemon gym. If you read this, there's no mention of NPCs.

Years
  • They aren't NPCs, they just look like common trainers so that you can differentiate them. They're all players as well, and will have the ability to pick their own teams when challenging your Pokemon gym. If you read this, there's no mention of NPCs.

And if you actually watch the Video, you will see you get to place your secret pals in your base wherever you want. Therefore in your base, they ARE NPCs, just like when they vist you when you are not on you are an NPC.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • And if you actually watch the Video, you will see you get to place your secret pals in your base wherever you want. Therefore in your base, they ARE NPCs, just like when they vist you when you are not on you are an NPC.
    You got a point there. The characters in the secret base are just copies of real player's teams. Though it would be boring if you get to pick their teams tbh. If someone wants a type gym only they can coordinate with friends to make teams with that type then exchange QR codes and such, then you'll get your Dark teams only gym or whatever other type gym you'll like :)

Years
  • An NPC by definition is a non-player character. They are still players, even in the video, which I have in fact watched. Sure, they may not have control over their movement, but I don't see why they wouldn't be able to go into other people's bases with their own Pokemon. That wouldn't make any sense.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    QR code is not that hard to get from the internet anyway, anyone can take a pic of the QR code and put it on it. It works like the Mii QR codes for 3DS or the videos for Bravely Defaults.

I don't know which type I will take for mine. Right now I'm more into a Fairy and a mix of other types, since 3 of my pokemons are Fairy. But I may have a different team for ORAS that will match May more.

Years
  • QR code is not that hard to get from the internet anyway, anyone can take a pic of the QR code and put it on it. It works like the Mii QR codes for 3DS or the videos for Bravely Defaults.

I don't know which type I will take for mine. Right now I'm more into a Fairy and a mix of other types, since 3 of my pokemons are Fairy. But I may have a different team for ORAS that will match May more.
    Perhaps try her Pokémon special counterpart Team? Sapphire had Blaziken, Aggron, Tropius, Donphan, Minun, Wailord, and Relicanth (switching in and out).
    Or anime May who had Blaziken, Delcatty (for Skitty), Snorlax (Munchlax), Venusaur, Blastoise (Wartortle), Beautifly, and Glaceon (switching in and out)

I'm thinking of a Steel and Fairy team still. With Aggron, Mawile, Metagross, Gardevoir, Azumarill, and Wigglytuff.

Years
  • You got a point there. The characters in the secret base are just copies of real player's teams. Though it would be boring if you get to pick their teams tbh. If someone wants a type gym only they can coordinate with friends to make teams with that type then exchange QR codes and such, then you'll get your Dark teams only gym or whatever other type gym you'll like :)

Yes, but I assume you'd get to pick which ones are in your base when other people visit right? would make sense, and then it could be easier. However, does this mean we should save handing our QR codes out when we have our teams ready, which would likely be post game? Cause the issue is, I'm a competitive trainer and don't wabt to have a mono type team for awhile, just so people get my team. There should be a way to update your team for everyone to see, right?

For example, I want to make a Ghost gym. However, what if I want to change my Gym type eventually. Would it auto update? Or would it be base off your battle box or party?
    If it's either of those, this means it should be done post game.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    My XY team for now is Mawile, Slurpuff, Whimsicott, Mismagius, Feebas and I have yet to choose the 6th one.

For May I may take some of the members of her Manga and Anime team and add some new pokemons from gen 4 to 6 that fit her.

i may pick Minun at least but I don't know about Blaziken.

Years
  • Yes, but I assume you'd get to pick which ones are in your base when other people visit right? would make sense, and then it could be easier. However, does this mean we should save handing our QR codes out when we have our teams ready, which would likely be post game? Cause the issue is, I'm a competitive trainer and don't wabt to have a mono type team for awhile, just so people get my team. There should be a way to update your team for everyone to see, right?

For example, I want to make a Ghost gym. However, what if I want to change my Gym type eventually. Would it auto update? Or would it be base off your battle box or party?
    If it's either of those, this means it should be done post game.
    I doubt it'll be post game. I'm assuming each time you copy the QR code it'll update just like how in the originals each time you mix records with the same people from before their team would be updated with the one the new one they had on hand.

Years
  • I doubt it'll be post game. I'm assuming each time you copy the QR code it'll update just like how in the originals each time you mix records with the same people from before their team would be updated with the one the new one they had on hand.

I meant I would save it for post game haha. So, you think we could enter the QR codes more than once? I've thought about it, but that means I'm going to have to keep track of every person I gave my QR code to.

For example, if you said to me"Hey Kyle, I updated my team, scan my QR again" would this work? If so I would be very happy as it wouldn't effect my competitive play.
    However the issue is minor and is that you'd both have to be on at the same time, that way you get the right team.....oh wait, I think you make your QR code. Nevermind xD. Tho I guess you'd have to be dedicated to one type, as if let's say you made a team for every type to help others, you'd have to keep track of which QR code is for whatever team.

Atleast I thought I read that you make your QR codes and then others scan it

Back