• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [Super]-Secret Bases!

Years
  • Being able to make your base a Pokemon Gym qualifies as a customization feature in my book, haha. That's the only true new addition to bases in terms of customization, unfortunately. On the bright side, there's lots of new ways to utilize connectivity, like QR codes, making it easy to share super secret bases with online friends. I think, in the end, that'll make up for what bases lack in other areas.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I hope we can like make little rooms or so in the secret bases, or maybe possibly has something to do with the stairs that we saw in one of the pics?

Braxien

Banned
    Years
  • This is one feature of ORAS which has made me even more excited for the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire in November. I can't wait to see what other things will be added to this fantastic addition to the game, as well as others such as Contests and Battle Tents.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    The thing that would interest me is how much customization your Gym has. I think the people who hang out in your base have their own team. Unless you manage to either luck out and get a certain set, or co-ordinate efforts somehow, it's still hard to get a theme to the battles (like, say, Dark type).

So we'll see how much customization they offer us in the future. I'm still excited that you'll be able to battle others in their bas-...er, Gyms.

Having people go through the gauntlet for your flag, however? Super awesome. Makes it more fun.

Years
  • The thing that would interest me is how much customization your Gym has. I think the people who hang out in your base have their own team. Unless you manage to either luck out and get a certain set, or co-ordinate efforts somehow, it's still hard to get a theme to the battles (like, say, Dark type).

So we'll see how much customization they offer us in the future. I'm still excited that you'll be able to battle others in their bas-...er, Gyms.

Having people go through the gauntlet for your flag, however? Super awesome. Makes it more fun.

Well, I know we get secret pals, but could the people in your base be NPC's?

Years
    • Seen today
    The thing that would interest me is how much customization your Gym has. I think the people who hang out in your base have their own team. Unless you manage to either luck out and get a certain set, or co-ordinate efforts somehow, it's still hard to get a theme to the battles (like, say, Dark type).

If I had to guess, you will have a list of people you've encountered (and can put in your Secret Base). And you can basically just choose you actually appears in it.

You'd still need to work with other people some to get appropriate teams, but it wouldn't be so luck-based.

Years
  • It's likely the people in your base are Secret Pals; however, I just thought of two alternative possibilities:

First, it'd be cool if NPCs visited your bases from time to time, sort of like Join Avenue in BW2 and the Resort House in Plat. It'd also mean the in-game Gym Leaders (Roxanne, Brawly, etc.) may visit as well. Dunno what they'd really do, though XD

Another (and maybe better) possibility is that you could make NPC Trainers to add to the effect of your base being a gym! You'd be able to choose what Pokemon they have either from the ones you've captured or from set teams. Alternatively, you could make your Secret Pals the Trainers, but Idk how that'd work Pokemon-wise. If they used the teams they had upon connecting with them, that'd make a really tough gym XD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It's likely the people in your base are Secret Pals; however, I just thought of two alternative possibilities:

First, it'd be cool if NPCs visited your bases from time to time, sort of like Join Avenue in BW2 and the Resort House in Plat. It'd also mean the in-game Gym Leaders (Roxanne, Brawly, etc.) may visit as well. Dunno what they'd really do, though XD

Another (and maybe better) possibility is that you could make NPC Trainers to add to the effect of your base being a gym! You'd be able to choose what Pokemon they have either from the ones you've captured or from set teams. Alternatively, you could make your Secret Pals the Trainers, but Idk how that'd work Pokemon-wise. If they used the teams they had upon connecting with them, that'd make a really tough gym XD

I mentioned previously that perhaps the gym leaders can be rematched in our bases, similar to Pt.

Years
  • That would be pretty cool, although right now I'm thinking the gym rematches will either work exactly like Emerald, or a completely new system. Still haven't gotten any confirmation on PokeNav, so that feature's up for grabs at the moment. Since Amie is back, they'll have applications on the dual-screen like X and Y.

Years

But see, that leaves the issue of having to connect with them again somehow. Which I doubt we will be able to unless its via WiFi and such. I'm also curious to what your team will be. Perhaps I'll save secret bases for post game, which would also be better, as I will have much more to do post game then.

Years
  • If you connect with your friends via Wi-Fi, that wouldn't be too hard, I would think o:

On a new topic, this was also posted in the DCC but I'll post it here too:

I love the revamped Secret Base and gym music <3 Also like how you can change the lighting in your base; seems like some of the items come in different colors as well (such as the spin tiles).

Also, dat Stunfisk rug.

Years
  • If you connect with your friends via Wi-Fi, that wouldn't be too hard, I would think o:

On a new topic, this was also posted in the DCC but I'll post it here too:

I love the revamped Secret Base and gym music <3 Also like how you can change the lighting in your base; seems like some of the items come in different colors as well (such as the spin tiles).

Also, dat Stunfisk rug.

Hey, at one part it shows that you can place your secret pals in any area you want to in your secret base. Did you catch that? Maybe you can edit there teams too. And it will be hard. Because next time the use WiFi there team changes again assuming it changes whenever you connect...

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    At this point I think it's safe to presume the item maximum is 25.
    That's consistently been the largest number of items in all of the media showing off the secret bases.

Although I wonder if NPCs will count towards it?

25 items isn't a bad number considering how small of a space the bases are.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Omfg I hope they can let you customize the song choice when you enter the secret base, maybe use the gym music, make it a real gym haha xD

Back