• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [Super]-Secret Bases!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
  • I kinda loved the idea of Secret Bases when I played Ruby and Sapphire so I'm stoked to see that feature once more! :)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I would become a broken man if Secret Bases didn't make a comeback. I need my Wailmer Doll back, bad. Making bases next to berry patches so I'd have pretty flowers and yummy berries was always my favorite thing to do ever. Secret Bases were my favorite part of any game, and they better come back! >3<

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
  • There'd be a lot more possibilities if Secret Bases come back. I think I'd cry if they didn't.
    Hopefully if it does, I hope there'd be more customizations (and actual usage of furniture!).
    There sure is a lot of promise with the RSE games getting newer games ovo

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I would like secret bases back too. They were a really good feature in the games that would allow you to personalize your game and also battle with others and look at their secret bases too.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • I'm hoping they add a few features that could be beneficial to the single player experience, as well.

Imagine hiking out to your favorite training place, where you've set up a base. In this base you could have a place to heal, or even a portable PC or trading area.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Am a huge fan of secret bases, haha. I would always go to mine whenever I had time, and play around with all those musical notes, slides, water balloons, and stuff like that; it was extremely fun. Can't wait to see them back in OR&AS! It would be great if they could make they places multiplayer, perhaps, and allow you to share them with others; that way, you could have fun and decorate stuff without… well, y'know, having to be alone. d:

Years
  • As was already mentioned, street pass would revolutionize the already unbelievably cool secret base feature in RSE. The game will come off as much more interactive and multi-dimensional in it's game play. With the 3D graphics that ORAS promises to bring, they could increase the complexity of ones secret base. It would be a huge disappointment if they didn't bring them back.

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Streetpass would definitely be something they could advertise by adding streetpass. I look forward to bases for the sole purpose of hanging out and decorating the place. I really enjoyed this feature. Plus a 3D secret base? Yes please!

Nurse Joy

Would you like to rest your Pokémon?
    Years
  • Underwater caaaaves ahhh that'd be cute <33 With seaweed floating at the entrance and the occasional Magikarp that gets stuck in your doorway lmao that's be so dumb and so cute. ACTUALLY what if making a secret base gave you like a ~~% chance of finding a Pokémon that would naturally live there? Like headbutting trees or smashing rocks does. Or you just had Pokémon that wander in sometimes oh man. So many ideas, so unlikely to actually happen. :P

That would be so adorable! X3 OMG I'd love to have Pokemon wander into my Base >w< Even if they were Zigzagoon or Ekans, I don't care, I'd be happy XD

OMG, that would be awesome if you had a chance of finding a Pokemon! Like, at first you only find common Pokemon, but if you stay there for a while, you might find a rare Pokemon! Sort of like those Hidden Grottoes but not random! :D

And if you don't catch the Pokemon, it might drop an item! Or there might just be an item and no Pokemon....

But OMG I want a family of Taillow and Swellow and a family of Swablu and Altaria and Furret and Flaaffy to live in there and cuddle with me and keep me warm in the winter *w*

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Secret Bases Confirmed?

Looks like the indentations are there. I mean, it was always a Hoenn thing exclusively, so it should be back.

FW8eYD0.png

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Looks like the indentations are there. I mean, it was always a Hoenn thing exclusively, so it should be back.

FW8eYD0.png

I think it is the indentation for a secret base. I remember that secret base is near Fortree and Burned Slab (where the Kecleon event happens) as I had a friend who add his in that area (we mixed records so I became used to it).

Years
  • It looks like it. Thank you for pointing this out. I'm already in a much better mood secret bases are awesome.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    The thing I would find cool is if you can visit your friends' secret bases, or have those be entryways and you can have yours and multiple friends' secret bases in the same entryway.

Years
  • The thing I would find cool is if you can visit your friends' secret bases, or have those be entryways and you can have yours and multiple friends' secret bases in the same entryway.

I don't think that was possible in the originals. Though they may change it up this time around. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could have more than one secret base?

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Nice catch there Cyclone!
    That is most definitely the rock indent for a Secret Base.

I really hope Secret Bases actually gain a purpose in these games, rather than being something primarily for looks. I really didn't use Secret Bases much in the original versions because I didn't find a point in them... they're lovely and all, but why pour in the money for decorations and fly to the nearest area just to get to your base. You could pour in the money elsewhere and it'd probably have more use...

Speaking of flight, I hope they put a marker for your Secret Base on the map and allow you to fly directly to it this time. It was honestly a real pain to try to get to it on your own, not to mention having to remember precisely where it is. I know I'd definitely make more use of my base if it was easier to access, you know? The way it was in the original was way too out of the way for me to bother.

I just had a weird idea, guys... what if they make it so that the Secret Base is the only way to access the 'Amie' feature this time around? Since we'll most likely have the PokeNav instead of the PSS like X&Y, they may make our bases more prominent by putting interaction with Pokemon into it. Kind of a stretch, but I just don't see them ridding that feature.

Years
  • Nice catch there Cyclone!
    That is most definitely the rock indent for a Secret Base.

I really hope Secret Bases actually gain a purpose in these games, rather than being something primarily for looks. I really didn't use Secret Bases much in the original versions because I didn't find a point in them... they're lovely and all, but why pour in the money for decorations and fly to the nearest area just to get to your base. You could pour in the money elsewhere and it'd probably have more use...

Speaking of flight, I hope they put a marker for your Secret Base on the map and allow you to fly directly to it this time. It was honestly a real pain to try to get to it on your own, not to mention having to remember precisely where it is. I know I'd definitely make more use of my base if it was easier to access, you know? The way it was in the original was way too out of the way for me to bother.

I tended to put mine in hard to access places, so to be able to fly to our own would be appreciated. Then more of us can put them in hard to find places to challenge our friends and strangers to access our own.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I just had a weird idea, guys... what if they make it so that the Secret Base is the only way to access the 'Amie' feature this time around? Since we'll most likely have the PokeNav instead of the PSS like X&Y, they may make our bases more prominent by putting interaction with Pokemon into it. Kind of a stretch, but I just don't see them ridding that feature.
    I like that idea, actually. Rather than stop somewhere in the wild grass to play, you can only let all your Pokémon out to play at your base. Maybe all at once, too.

Back