• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survivors of Mieko Island! (OOC/SU; PG-14)

Years
  • Okay, finished. I just added a sample from another RP, if that's alright.

Ironically, as I post this, everyone but Red is online. Weird.

MMGiru

Dilettante Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Gah! Knew I'd forgot something. I wish I was working on my computer, or knew how to use quote tags.

http://mail.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234451&page=5

Post 108.

-----EDIT-----

I got annoyed that I'd forgotten to point out I'd listed an RP sample and realized that I'd go crazy if I left it like that, so I just edited the sample into my SU. I despise using my phone for RP'ing, so I guess it's good that the power cord's working for now.

Last edited:

PokeGirlJade

Princess of Unova
    Years
  • @Godzil Accepted! Very nice SU!

@MMGiru Awesome SU, you just forgot one little thing! Check the rules again.

Hmm, I need opinions.
    I'm thinking of making this into a chaptered RP, or maybe making a "journal" for it that's updated as we go along. Example:

First Entry:
    Day 1
    We've awoken on an island. Where exactly in the world are we? Who exactly is this "Lin"? Why are we so special? We should probably start building a shelter and looking for food.

A possible Future Entry:
    Day 17
    Ivy still has been missing for three days now, and Quince is slowly recovering from the Scyther attack. Something broke into the food supply, so now we need more food. It is raining hard today.

MMGiru

Years
  • Ah, yes. I didn't put it into my Notepad SU last night, so I forgot all about it.

It's in my "Reason for editing", because that was a quick way of solving it.

-----

On the SU post, that is.

MMGiru

Years
  • Ah!

I was trying to come up with an opinion on your journal suggestion, when it came to me.

It seemed like the group might want some sort of Survivors' Journal. Thought it might make an interesting compromise.

Various characters could write in it, and it would also be an item in the world.

-----EDIT-----

And when I said that, I was suggesting that we might switch between story and journal writing. I can't actually think of a way to phrase that properly.

Ugh; my character has already infected my mind with sluggishness.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Perhaps at the end of each day we pass the journal around and everyone writes a little something in it. At the end of our post, we put a page break and write our entry in italics.

----
    This is an example. Today we discussed the journal. Some of us had trouble putting our ideas into words. Also, Giru dislikes using his phone to RP. He wanted us to know that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think it would be best to not do it chaptered... since we're in the same timeline and all. But if there's gonna be 7 players or more, it might get cluttered if we do "normal" posting :x Dunno..

PokeGirlJade, you do have a story that will unfold, don't you?

lol, Godzil ^^ that would be as a tl;dr of our RP post ~!

PokeGirlJade

Princess of Unova
    Years
  • I think it would be best to not do it chaptered... since we're in the same timeline and all. But if there's gonna be 7 players or more, it might get cluttered if we do "normal" posting :x Dunno..

PokeGirlJade, you do have a story that will unfold, don't you?

lol, Godzil ^^ that would be as a tl;dr of our RP post ~!

Yes I do :3

I do like the cooperative journal idea. I'll think about for a little while.

miley810

Assassin
    Years
  • Master Sword

Name: Daniella Justida Rosedia
    Region: Johto
    Appearance:

Daniella stands 5"7 and has medium tanned skin. She has black-brown hair that goes to her waist. She has dark brown eyes. Her nails are kept a bit long and painted dark green.

Daniella wears a black t-shirt with a cloth dark green vest. She wears black scrunch cargo pants that go the middle of her shins. She wears black calf high leather boots and black knee socks. She wears six bangels on both of her arms in the pattern of black, green, black, green, black green. She wears small gold hoop earrings. She wears a dark green satuel at all times.

Personality:

Daniella is kind of quiet, not from shyness, just kind of like a loner-thing. She likes helping people though. She doesn't mind being around others, but she usually doesn't talk. She loves pokemon. She hates abuse and neglect of any kind. She usually thinks out her actions and words befor saying them, but like anybody else she does occasionally slip up.

History:

Daniella was born in Johto, and besides traveling thats where she's always been. She got into a nasty incedent with a pack of Houndoom, so she is a bit scared of some dog-like pokemon. She still loves pokemon all the same though. She started a mini care center for pokemon with permission, and she was told she was very good at caring for pokemon. She's got a soft heart for pokemon, so usually if she makes a pokemon pass out she'll leave a peice of food for it and spray potion on it.

Daniella has traveled in all known reigions, so of course she jumped at the chance for a new reigion. She was a bit suspecius about being in a sweepstakes she didn't know she was in, but tossed it aside and took it anyways. When she found out about Lin, she wasn't mad at all. She was excited to help, and find out a mystery, something she also enjoyed.

Feelings about the mystery and Lin:

Daniella was excited about helping someone and solving a mystery.

Flaws:

Her temper tends to get ahead of her. She's too trusting. She is a little too soft hearted. She gets frustrated easy. Daniella is terrified of Poochyana, Houndoom, and Arcanine.

Main Ability:

Healing.
    RP Sample:

Daniella slightly bit her lip. She watched the little Oddish struggling to breath. She knew something had attacked it due to the fang marks under it's leaves. She pulled out the wash-cloth from her backpack and laid the oddish on it. She sprayed super potion on it, then sat out pokemon food and a apple. She stood up.

"It's best I don't move you too much, I'll go tell a Nurse Joy where you are."Daniella said before walking into the thick of the forest.

Daniella heard a ton of footsteps behind her, and eventually turned around. She was astonished. About twenty Houndoom were there.

"Help!"She yelled, but to no avail.

The Houndoom growled and learched at her. As much as she struggled, she couldn't fight them off, or release her pokemon. She finally passed out, and the Houndoom were quickly scared away by humans. She woke up in a pokemon center. She sat up quickly. Nurse joy looked at her.

"Whats wrong?"She asked her.

"The baby Oddish! There was a baby Oddish that was in horrible condision back in the forest! It had fang marks, I beat the Houndoom did it!"

"We found the Oddish."Nurse Joy said smiling."Its right over there."

Nurse joy pointed at the pokemon in the glass case.

"Thank Arceus."Daniella said.

Pokemon:

Species: Oddish
    Nickname: April
    Lvl: 18
    Nature: Calm
    Moveset: Cut, Bite, Tackle, Vine Whip, Razor Leaf

Species: Glaceon
    Nickname: Indigo
    Lvl: 25
    Nature: Calm
    Moveset: Bite, Tackle, Ice Beam, Ice Fang, Blizzard

Species: Cyndaquil
    Nickname: Drew
    Lvl: 27
    Nature: Bold
    Moveset: Fire Spin, Bite, Tackle, Ember, Flamethrougher

___

Lemme know if anything needs improved.

Last edited:

MMGiru

Years
  • I was thinking it would be interesting if the journal would was an actual thing, like... IC, that we wrote in.

But, it be Skyrim time. Merrily I go, to the slaying of Drougr.

Years
  • Oh, but of course. My suggestion was merely an idea of how we would differentiate journal writing from regular writing. After all, someone should keep a record of our adventure, and why not get everyone's input?

But I'd hate for it to just be a brief recap of events, like Red jokingly mentions. tl;dr, indeed.

Also, crazy idea: Is the journal going to be posted in the IC, the OOC, or it's own thread? Might be hard to convince the mods of that third one, (A third thread for an RP? Who do you think you are?) but it would be convenient. And quite journal-like. Everyone writing something, one snippet of text followed by another, each with their own handwriting...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't really see the point of a journal xD I just wanna RP :x

Also, for miley810's SU... we couldn't have pokémon with levels over 30, could we?

MMGiru

Years
  • I liked Petal for a Bunneary.

Also, it's a tad shoujo up in here. O.o

Not that I'm upset with it, but it's the first time I've been in an RP that exhibited quite so much of it. The pink Christmas theme makes it more pronounced, as well.

Regardless, are we waiting for a seventh person? And when we start with seven, do we just say that the missing three are somewhere else on the island?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Sorry for being pink xD I don't usually make my characters like that. But Alexis is a concept I've been evolving through several characters - a pursuit of the perfect person for me to RP as. Of course it's nice to change, but I've found that I have the most fun if I RP as people like Alexis. At least I hope she's nice xD We'll see when it starts.

Also... maybe you'd better post the IC thread already and then just tell us not to post in it until you say "Go!". Because it might take several days for a thread to get accepted.

PokeGirlJade

Princess of Unova
    Years
  • @miley810 It's really good, but you are missing something and two of your Pokemon are overleveled. So I can't accept it yet. Your spot is still reserved, though.

@RHCP Good idea, I'll submit it in a little bit.

@MMGiru That could work.

As for the journal dicussion, I think it might be easier if perhaps one character were to keep his/her own diary/journal/whatever, since there is some confusion. It could also be posted in the OOC thread in case someone were to go inactive and need to know what happened or something like that.

Ahh, sry for not replying in a while. I've been coming on PC today, but I haven't had time to post. I babysat five annoying children today -.-

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Haha, hope you got money for the babysitting ;)

Merry Christmas, everybody! In Sweden, we celebrate the 24th ^^

Back