• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suzume tries some spriting

Lynx1

has significant angst
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    I really like your prevos, especially the Zangoose one. Keep up the nice work.

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    That Devamp is delicious. So good I almost mistook it as the original and thought you had revamped it.

The Charizard is top notch too! Please keep it up!
    Thanks! ^.^ I'm glad you like them~

Glad to see you back. The revamped Mawley looks spectacular! Are you participating in the Yellow devamp project? The devamp sprites are awesome too.
    Thank you~ :3 I'm also kinda pleased with Mawley now. And yes, I've done most of the revamps (all but Meowth) for the Yellow revamp project. Devamping was actually fun and easy, I might do more later~

These are actually pretty cool, Mind if i use one in a sig?

I'll be sure to give you credit for the sprite ^_^
    Umm... Sure, go ahead, if you give me the credit. ^^ How can I say no when you have Ginko (<3) in your avatar? :3

I really like your prevos, especially the Zangoose one. Keep up the nice work.
    Thanks, I'll do my best! :D

Hey Suzume! I made an icon for your Misdream! Do you want me to PM it to you? It looks rather nice, according to everyone at HOF.
    Sure, send it to me~ I'll try to do a back sprite for Misdream too, when I have time. ^^

Your sprites are keep goin better and better. Mawley looks gorgeous and your revamps, too.
    Thanks! :) I'll try to improve even more~

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    Sorry for the double post, but I just finished the back sprite for Misdream. I also changed the front sprite's shading a bit~

I'm actually pretty proud of it now. :D

☆Patched☆

Is a Death Note and Bleach Fan
    Years
    :o Your sprites are just a good as your drawings!!! I'm amazed! I'm so glad you're started to sprite!!! ^^

X3 Wow, they seem so perfect I have nothing to comment on about.
    I guess I'll just make one tiny comment.

I don't think this really matters, but the shading near the fire on Charizard could be brighter, like in the original sprite.

^^ you know, you should really sprite some more, your sprites are EXTREMELY impressive. I envy you. :)

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    Thanks for your comments, everyone~ I'll see if I can do something about the Charizard. ^^

Most of my 'random' sprites have been made for the Weekly Spriting Contest on Serebii, by the way. Same goes for these two, as I would've never thought of these without a given title:

Flygon with the colors Finnish flag, made for WSC 24.

This one is for WSC 23, where we had to make up another evolution for a three-stage evolution line. I'll just quote myself from Serebii:

God, I'm so tired of this sprite. x__X I worked with it for days, keeping MS Paint open all the time, and yesterday I finally got it done: I closed Paint, and almost immediately realized that I had saved it as jpg. @__@ I was SO mad at myself, since I had to start over with only outlines. With this version, I didn't bother to try many different shades of colors, I just took whatever I got. So, while the first one wasn't perfect either, I know this one has a million parts that look wrong, but I just don't want to work on it anymore. :P

Kakuchu (kakutou + chu)
    Fighting Mouse Pokemon
    Type: Fighting/Electric
    Evolves from Raichu with maxed out toughtness & level up.
    Kakuchu throws powerful and painful punches with its spiky, electrically charged tail.

That's about it this time, I haven't sprited that much for the past weeks. ^^

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Those fakemon are really well-designed and nicely sprited. :3 Lovin' the re-vamps, too, especially the shading on the Articuno. Well done!

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
    There's nothing particularly bad about your work. Your spriting is good and is improving day by day. Just re-check the revamped Charizard's skin and the revamped Dragonite's wings: I think an extra lighter tone wouldn't deteriorate them...

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
    Can't believe I haven't left any comments on this thread for a while. I did see the new pre-evolution pokemon sprite and it looks even better than the previous ones. Keep up the good work, Suzume. You get my support and I will check out your thread every now and then!
    :)

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    I love it! I think it's your best recolor so far. However, the belly looks like it could use more texture.
    Thanks~ I think I know what you mean, I could've made a blue cross (which is in the Finnish flag) on it's belly or something, since the sprite was supposed to represent the flag,

Thanks to all the others as well! :3 I finally finished a sprite I've been working on little by little. Both sprites, front and back, are based on my own hand-drawn artwork.

It's the pre-evolution of Pachirisu, called Pachip. (I know that what Pachirisu needs more is an evolution, but I'm not good at those. ;))

I also made a back sprite for Tengoose (seriously, please someone think of a better name, I already hate this one :P):

I think both of the new sprites look okay, but they propably have some flaws as well, so point them out and I'll try to fix them. ;)

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
    Thanks~ I think I know what you mean, I could've made a blue cross (which is in the Finnish flag) on it's belly or something, since the sprite was supposed to represent the flag,

Thanks to all the others as well! :3 I finally finished a sprite I've been working on little by little. Both sprites, front and back, are based on my own hand-drawn artwork.

It's the pre-evolution of Pachirisu, called Pachip. (I know that what Pachirisu needs more is an evolution, but I'm not good at those. ;))

I also made a back sprite for Tengoose (seriously, please someone think of a better name, I already hate this one :P):

I think both of the new sprites look okay, but they propably have some flaws as well, so point them out and I'll try to fix them. ;)

Glad I'm the first one to reach your thread and leave comments. The sprites look spectacular, especially the back sprites for Tengoose. Like I said before, the ability to make pokemon backsprites is crucial in distinguishing outstanding spriters and decent spriters. You're among the top pokemon spriters already, and I'm not kidding.

The Pachip sprites look great as well. You may also make its head a little bit smaller if you want to. The tail seems to be too small for us to recognize it as a Squirrel pokemon. Well, this is really not a big problem at all. Does Pikachu look like a Mouse pokemon? Anyway, I love this sprite very much and please keep up the excellent work. I will check out your thread whenever you make an update.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years

Woah! I'm amazed! Tengoose and Pachip look great. As for a name for Tengoose, why not name it Zhandy, Zandy, Zendy, Zendil, or Shandil ro something like that. Yeah, I suck at names too. :\ Pachip's hea dis a little too big and Tengoose's tail I think should be a little darker, as it is quite far from the light source. Overall, well done! :D

Years
    Ahhwwww! Your pre-evolutions are the cutest things! ;D You are good at the cute things.

I think the Dragon type Eeveelution is pretty neet in concept, but it looks alot like a fire-type and it feels like too me it's got rubber skin. It's a good sprite but I think it could be much better with a little reworking.

Oh, and Pachip's head seems really big. I mean Pachirisu has a big head but I feel the tail balances it out. (Literally and visually)

I think Tengoose is adorable, and I like that name for it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    I haven't seen this thread for a loooong time...(i finally found it XD)

Pachip:OMG!The Pachip is so cute!
    Just that it needs a bigger tail and a smaller head.

Tengoose:In my opinion, its tail needs to be smaller and it should look more cuter :3(try making it smile instead of frown)

And...Pleeaaasee make more fakemon!:P

Back